2 Japantown murders last night...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Two killed, man wounded in Japantown shooting
- Carrie Sturrock, Chronicle Staff Writer
Sunday, October 22, 2006

(10-22) 17:51 PDT -- Police have arrested a Redwood City man in a shooting spree that killed a woman and a man at a Japantown bar Saturday night and wounded the bartender.

Song Sun Lee, 34, of San Bruno, was killed in the shootings at The Flow, at 1704 Post St., and Kam Yan Li, 22, of San Francisco died today of injuries he suffered there, the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office reported.

San Francisco police Sgt. Steve Mannina said Joseph Melcher, 25, of Redwood City walked into the bar about 9:17 p.m., encountered three women, asked for someone by name and -- a short time later -- pulled out a handgun and began shooting.

He first shot and injured the female bartender and then shot and killed Lee, who also may have been an employee, Mannina said. Then Melcher got into an altercation with Li as he left the bar and shot him too, Mannina said.

Mannina said police do not believe Melcher knew Li, who was taken to San Francisco General Hospital and died today.

Immediately after the shootings, numerous bystanders called 911 and a dispatcher broadcast a description of the suspect.

After a plainclothes officer saw Melcher -- who fit the description -- get into a car, an officer in a police car followed Melcher until his car stalled in traffic. He surrendered to police at Oak and Webster streets, a dozen blocks from the scene of the shooting.

Police booked Melcher on suspicion of homicide, two counts of attempted homicide and two counts of assault with a firearm. They do not yet have a motive for the shooting spree.
Shooting bystanders in the head? Melcher needs to burn.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:22 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by aywwsd
wow...

first someone gets stabbed at boom, now someone gets shot at flow.

where can i drink safely now??
At home on the couch with a 12gauge sitting next to you.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
Originally Posted by Yin
^whats happened in sf these past couple months?
I stay at my fiance's family's crib 1/2 the week in SF and there have been like 3 shootings, 3 deaths (1 of them the being the gunman who started shooting AT THe POLICE AS THEY ARRIVED AT THE SCENE!), & 1 wounded.. ALL WITHIN 4-5 blocks of where they live! and all in the past 2 months.

Even tho I'm from the well-off suburbs.. I am officially "GANGSTA"
Old 10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Originally Posted by HongKongBeef
I stay at my fiance's family's crib 1/2 the week in SF and there have been like 3 shootings, 3 deaths (1 of them the being the gunman who started shooting AT THe POLICE AS THEY ARRIVED AT THE SCENE!), & 1 wounded.. ALL WITHIN 4-5 blocks of where they live! and all in the past 2 months.

Even tho I'm from the well-off suburbs.. I am officially "GANGSTA"
But I thought SF was a gun free city and so "safe"