+1 BILLION for Auto HQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 02 wagon
Thumbs up +1 BILLION for Auto HQ

Hey Everyone,

just got my car back from AutoHQ for a trouble shoot problem, dropped it off on Tuesday and told Kevin that it was IMPERATIVE that i got it back before Thursday, he said he'll try his best since he doesn't know what the problem would turn out to be. So today (Wednesday) i get a call from Kevin telling me my cars ready to go, AMAZING!!!! talk about under promising and over delivering! i get to the shop and he just about told me every single thing wrong with my car, from top to bottom he diagnosed to the whole car and gave me suggestions as to what steps to take to get my car running in tip top shape. At the very least to say Kevin is one of the most knowledgeable individuals i know, he's straight forward and direct and conducts business accordingly. He knows Subarus like the back of his hand. The service i received from him was more than i had expected, he is definitely worth the drive ( its not even that far from San Jose) , i've heard a lot of talk from local shops but kevin is the only one that has delivered it with flying colors, needless to say, i will be coming to AutoHQ for all of my Suby needs. With Kevin, you get every pennie's worth, and you very much get what you pay for, Thanks again to Auto HQ and huge ups to them!!!

-Don
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
sweet, its good to hear some good feedback about local shops!! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Car Info: MY02 WRX Silver
I second the motion

I called Kevin last Friday at 1145 am to see if he could diagnose a problem. He had me come over to the shop, sent his guys for the parts, and had it fixed before 1 pm.

He even fed me since I whined about missing lunch.

The shop is great. Kevin rules.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by boostfed
Hey Everyone,

just got my car back from AutoHQ for a trouble shoot problem, dropped it off on Tuesday and told Kevin that it was IMPERATIVE that i got it back before Thursday, he said he'll try his best since he doesn't know what the problem would turn out to be. So today (Wednesday) i get a call from Kevin telling me my cars ready to go, AMAZING!!!! talk about under promising and over delivering! i get to the shop and he just about told me every single thing wrong with my car, from top to bottom he diagnosed to the whole car and gave me suggestions as to what steps to take to get my car running in tip top shape. At the very least to say Kevin is one of the most knowledgeable individuals i know, he's straight forward and direct and conducts business accordingly. He knows Subarus like the back of his hand. The service i received from him was more than i had expected, he is definitely worth the drive ( its not even that far from San Jose) , i've heard a lot of talk from local shops but kevin is the only one that has delivered it with flying colors, needless to say, i will be coming to AutoHQ for all of my Suby needs. With Kevin, you get every pennie's worth, and you very much get what you pay for, Thanks again to Auto HQ and huge ups to them!!!

-Don
so what was the problem with your car?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
where are they located and do you have a number for them?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
What are the rates like? like a 60k service for example
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Though I've not done any business with AutoHQ, Kevin had worked on my car when he was the master tech at Carlson. He is a standup guy and proved to be extremely honest and helpful when dealing with some warranty issues I had at the time (boo Green Valley Subaru.) If I still owned my bugeye, I'd take it to AutoHQ in a heartbeat.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by boostfed
Hey Everyone,

-Don
Was your car the red wagon w/ the front mount? I blame Kev for all the money I've spent on my car.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 PM

ended up being a few things with the car, i had a few leaks in the pcv system and my number 4 coil pack was loose and misthreaded (plus the tuning was garbage and caused a whole lot of problems), still gotta go back for a few things but it runs like a champ now!

Auto HQ is located at 650 Broadway St. Unite 4A
Redwood City, Ca 94063.
(650)368-3290

there normal rates are $85/hr (+parts) but they work pretty quick and get a lot of work done in short time.

yeah my car was the SRP Wagon there, i'm sure you'll see it there again in the very near future

i'm glad so many people have had good experiences with AutoHQ and Kevin, there aren't that many shops around like theirs that provide high quality service as well as good customer communication, they definitely hold up to their reputation.

Last edited by boostfed; 09-13-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I was at Wahus and some girl put his business card on my windshield...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 AM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
I haven't heard anything about Auto HQ in a while. Kevin has worked on my car and did a good job. He certainly has an eye for problems.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by chubs22
I blame Kev for all the money I've spent on my car.
lol same here. With Kevin, it's Jdm this jdm that I blame him for all my jdm stuff on my car lol
Old 09-15-2007, 12:22 AM

hahaha
Old 09-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
<NegativeNancy>
I brought my STi to AutoHQ a while back for a wheel bearing. Kevin took it for a drive, came back and told me it was just tire noise and that it would go away. So after getting new tires it was still there and I decided to take it to Fremont Subaru (RIP). I told them what I thought the noise was, went on a drive with a tech, he agreed, replaced the bearing, and the noise vanished.

Don't get me wrong, AutoHQ is great. Kevin tightened my hand brake for me while I was there, plus free internet. Just keep in mind that not everyone is perfect. Use your head and you'll be fine.

</NegativeNancy>