*Official* I-Club Firefighters Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
You would too matt lol
Old 08-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Looks like someone came outta the closest here. Her Solsurfer when are you free? Owe you lunch or something at least when im down in your area next time!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by silverbullet415
maybe i should start a BAIC plumbers thread bahahahaha
Hey Im a pipefitter, does that mean I can be a part?

On a more Firefighter topic. Why is it that firefighters are soo effin proud to be firefighters? Its not like you see police officers with special plates and stickers on their cars? I work at the Shell refinery and we have a auxiliary fire crew that is all volunteer group. Now keep in mind that everyone on this crew is either a crafts person (fitter, elctrician, etc) or a plant operator first and foremost, and haven't been in turnout gear for more than a few hours of fire training. But almost every single one of them have the fire fighter license plates like its gonna get them out of a ticket or something? Some of them even made fire fighter badges and all......
Old 08-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Originally Posted by SR20steve
sure i dont see why not lol
Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by SR20steve

On a more Firefighter topic. Why is it that firefighters are soo effin proud to be firefighters? Its not like you see police officers with special plates and stickers on their cars? I work at the Shell refinery and we have a auxiliary fire crew that is all volunteer group. Now keep in mind that everyone on this crew is either a crafts person (fitter, elctrician, etc) or a plant operator first and foremost, and haven't been in turnout gear for more than a few hours of fire training. But almost every single one of them have the fire fighter license plates like its gonna get them out of a ticket or something? Some of them even made fire fighter badges and all......
There's people in every profession that take it a little far, but what is one job that 8 out of 10 kids will say they want to be? A cop or a firefighter. So if someone is even remotely involved in the fire service, they will be proud of it. Whether they choose to advertise it is their choice.

As far as cops not advertising their profession, how many people are happy to see cops show up? People riot when cops shoot an armed criminal.

Why should they advertise that they are in an abhorred position these days?

What if your wife and kids drive by someone who "hates pigs" and sees LEO identification on said car?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm a volunteer fireman also I don't get paid to do anything. But do I receive training and classes for free why yes I do? Now why do I do volunteer? Cause its awesome fun and I'm putting back yo the community I've lived in for all my life. Also is this a great step towards a career yeah! I hate community college and can't stand GE classes and when my chief let me know about this I went cool. Then once I started I was more like holy **** this is awesome.

And thar pride thing you mention. Its not just us either. There's plenty of people who are.proud of what they do and want to express it. Its like a bumper sticker almost. I don't expect to get out of tickets just cause I have a csfa helmet sticker on my car yeah it may help but damn I got a fix it on my birthday and when the cop almost hit me. Now not only us but truck drivers get out of speeding tickets more than anyone I know of in any profession. Why? Their income depends on them driving.

Just stating a few facts I'm welcome to more posts I'm not in defense of anything but I like my opinions also. Nothing personal here.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 PM

Car Info: Fast
The difference is you can be proud of being a Firefighter publicly because the public does not hate you.

What you describe is a typical Volly mentality. Most folks who do it as a profession, as I mentioned before, have a more professional attitude towards their public image. It is a job not a cool hobby that lets you brag to your friends, put stickers and lights on your POV, drive too fast and do other illegal and unethical ****. The volunteer station in my town has a series of 3 AIR RAID SIRENS that they set off at all hours of the day and night. Seriously people, use your ****ing pagers!!

Sorry for the little tangent lol
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 AM

yeah sounds like la honda to me they make those air raid sirens go off for ecery call can be heard 2-3 miles away easily.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Good god that would drive me nuts....thats what pagers are for- not annoying the hell outta the community
Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 PM

Its funny though in that community most of them who live and hear the sirens volunteer.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:30 PM

Silverbullet posted this on my fb last night