Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

High beam failed after visiting body shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 PM

High beam failed after visiting body shop

Hi everyone, I just came back from the body shop where they fixed a dent on the front fender. The weird thing is that when I got the car back, the high beam doesnt work. Low beam works fine. Fog lights, I can turn them on and for some reason when they are on, the high beam indicator on the dash turns on, but still no high beam. If I turn the fogs off, then I can't turn them back on unless I turn off teh low beam and start from scratch.

So I took the car back to the shop and after they dug around for a day, they said they replaced the bulbs and all is working. I have an 02 WRX, so 1 bulb is responsible for both high and low beam.

Would just replacing the bulbs fix the high beam issue? What's weird is that how come the high beam indicator turns on when I turn on my fogs?

The car is still in the shop and I am just about ready to go pick it up and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks!!

John
Old 10-22-2005, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by noob4life
Would just replacing the bulbs fix the high beam issue? What's weird is that how come the high beam indicator turns on when I turn on my fogs?
If your lighting system is factory stock (no wiring mods, no HID kit, etc.), that high beam indicator lamp on the dash display should not be occurring when the fog lamps are on. After all, it didn't do this before the body repair!

Take it back to the shop, describe what you've observed, and ask them if some type of modification was made to the wiring harness. If they decline, take it to the dealer for troubleshooting if you don't see anything obvious under the hood. If the dealer finds that the problem was caused by the body shop, you can have them document their findings and take the body shop to small claims court to recover the expense of repair, although it's a hassle sometimes.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-23-2005, 05:42 PM

fixed...?

I did take it back to the body shop and have them take a look at it. I had to work, so I left the car there in the morning, came back to pick up and they said the reason the lights were acting weird is because both high beam were bad (bulb level). So they replaced the bulbs and all is working again...this sounds fishy, I think they somehow messed up my electricals, found the problem and fixed it but had to blame it on the bulbs. I hope they really fixed the problem, so I won't have burnt out bulbs every now and then.