New member introduction and seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 01 2.5rs
New member introduction and seeking advice

Hello everyone! I'm new to the Eastbay area, I've been on iClub for a little bit (Hawaii) region and now out here.

I have a 01 RS GC8, where I did a EJ255 motor/tranny swap I left it on-island and I'm wanting to ship it out here and meet other subi owners, but the reason why it's still back there is its not running.

After the motor swap, it ran okay with the exception of the car running rich. When the PDX tuning rep came to Hawaii, the car went on the dyno and on it's last run blew white smoke from the tail pipe. Since then, it will crank all day long but not fire up. I took the timing cover off and verified if the timing jumped, it did not. Did compression tests and all cylinders were low, but started to build when I cranked the car, not enough though to turn over.

I had to relocate because of jobs but hadn't forgotten about my project. I'm debating shipping it non-operational to a shop in the Eastbay and work on it, but as you can imagine that's a lot of $$ just for shipping & towing.

I didn't really enjoy the car to the fullest, but wanted to gauge the community to determine if it's worth bringing out here.

Thanks for reading and providing inputs and hope to meet a lot of you!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
welcome you should come out some of the local meets the biggest one in the east bay is on Wed night https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetin...et-9pm-190687/
Old 05-03-2015, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 99 BDP 2.5RS
Another thing to consider is if it will pass smog and BAR.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:42 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Welcome! I too relocated from Hawaii (Big Island.)

Smog and BAR is a biotch. Especially with (what I think) is a swap. Also, you will have to have your vehicle inspected to register here. You could do it at DMV (do not recommend) or have a licensed vehicle verifier inspect it (what I did and recommend.) I have an inspectors number on file if you need it eventually.

Any other questions lemme know.

As the gc's are getting more rare for a decent one I'd keep it for sure. If you need a shop space to work on it I have one in San Rafael just north of the bridge. I am finishing my car and have another car coming in from hawaii soon. I have room to store and work on 2 or 3 there so lemme know if I can help ya.