Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

STi in house for measurements

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon White
Yes - it's tough. There might end up being none, but I'm expecting about five good fits. As an example, we have a few wheels that fit the Evo, but most require a 5mm spacer on the front. That might be the case on the STi as well. We'll see - but I'm still sorry about the continued delays.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
Usually running spacers is not a good idea but I have seen people run spacers without problems but that will be up to you in the end.

But I am glad to see that the guys at Tire Rack are really taking their time to get good measurements because I would rather buy wheels that fit than wheels that do not.

Last edited by ImprezaRSDriver; 06-25-2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:18 AM

Spacers, when correctly done, represent little to no strenth/safety compromise. The spacer must allow at least 8 revolutions of a lug nut on the stud to provide correct torque (12x1.25 thread). When the right torque is met, the necessary shear strength between the wheel (and ultimately the hub) is preserved.

Spacers are frequently used on older BMWs, 3000GTs, Porsches, etc. I've never encountered a problem with the use of them in road driving or even in racing applications - which is where most of them go.

Don't get me wrong; I would rather not use spacers. When they're used correctly, though, they work fine. On special applications (big brakes), spacers are often necessary.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:22 AM

That's a good question - they'll fit fine; tires and all.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Any word yet?
Old 06-30-2003, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Re: sti wheels on a wagon?

Originally posted by Teep
n00b question, will the sti wheels fit on a 02 wrx wagon? I'm hoping that by next May some STi owner will want to dump their beeeyoutiful stockers on me.

-tp
There's a guy out here in Hawaii running the USDM STi wheels on his sedan and they work just great. They'll fit. And they are beeeyoutiful.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 AM

We have our first listed fit - It's a 17x7.5" ASA KA3. Though not a forged wheel, it is a great snow wheel on the STi and they cost $139 each. We haven't put it on the scale yet, but I'm expecting about 20 - 22 lbs. each.

I'll post any others as they are approved. Thanks again for the continued patience of the STi owners.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:52 PM

48mm offset.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:30 AM

Car Info: 2002 3/4 ton Cevy Suburban, 1997 Integra Type-R, 2004 WRX-STI
Ok... how about FORGED 18 inch wheels... AND 245s'...
Old 07-07-2003, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
Originally posted by Rafal
How hard it is to put some 17'' wheels on a car and see if they fit? It takes ages for these guys to come up with one, unimpressive wheel fit. In this speed we'll have four to choose from for winter first snow.
If think it is so easy, then why do you not go ahead and proceed with testing then? They have a lot to take into consideration before they even tell you that the wheel is good for the fitment. I remember when they had a fiasco with the Prodrive fitment of Foresters and rubbing issues. They made an assumption about the wheels and their assumptions did not produce fruitiful results.

This time they are being thorough about it. You need to consider how the offset is going to affect the handling of the car and what the limits are. You need to consider whether or not the wheel is going to clear the Brembos. Whether or not the wheel is going to require a spacer and how big of a spacer.

I would rather wait just a little bit longer but if do not have the patience then go and do your own R&D. I have posted up a couple of wheels that I know fit from my own experience so if you do a search on it then I am sure you will find them listed in some post.

Quick Reply: STi in house for measurements