Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A® KDW

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 02:42 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Sorry, I was thinking of another tire.

Last edited by palaban; 02-27-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:20 PM

I have the old tread style of KDW. the performance is outstanding, way more grip then stock tires, and more predictable when it lost traction in dry or wet, cause it never ride on it sidewall like the RE92s. there is more noise, but I can live with it, since I got exhaust and it's a subaru, not a quite to beging with..so noise is not a big problem with me.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:56 PM

Monkey boy:
didn't know that you are from this area too!!
never tried, and probably would never, since I've heard people lost control on their Kumho supra, so same thing might happen on these KDW. however, my friend with summer tire have done that many times, and they say just don't be an idiot, you should be fine.
if you are concerning about snow, you should look at KDWS if you are not an track guy. cause KDWS well be good enough for fast street driving, or some weekend autoX. The basic construction of these two tires are same, just different tread pattern and compound for better cold weather grip. I would expect the KDWS might have a little less dry grip, but I doubt a normal person can notice anything, but the snow capability would be a big plus for a normal guy, also, the main thing I like these tire is their wet grip and sidewall roll resistance, not the dry grip. I wish I bought the KDWS by the way.......cause no more snowquamie snow fun anymore.........
Old 03-03-2003, 09:04 PM

Monkey Boy:
I got a MY00 RS, and unfortunately, I got an auto..........
but I have been there before, on the way back (route 7??, I forgot the number....) that was a fun road!!!! you should try that road with new tires and rim, you'll get addict to it!!