Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

R1 vs. Turbo 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
R1 vs. Turbo 'Stang

http://chronictel.net/videos/cobra/chrisR1vstm.wmv
[right click|save as]
Old 02-24-2005, 11:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Cool vid
I don't think either of them knew what they were doing though.
That guy in the stang reminds me of someone...
https://www.i-club.com/forums/videos-142/must-put-i-club-88002/
Is it the same guy?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:08 AM

Car Info: Heep
man i was gonna post that but i though there was a no street racing rule?
Old 02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
About a year and a half ago, I was at these dyno drags in Albuquerque, NM with some friends and two turbo Fox Bodies showed up (drag radials, and roll cages on the street...reaaaal legal). The owners of each car were in their late 40's or early 50's, and they're known for hating each other. Somehow they ended up lined up at the stop light outside of the shop everyone was at, so there was a crowd of maybe 30 or 40 people standing on the sidewalk watching these two 9-second Mustangs race in the middle of the afternoon. You would think two adults would know better, but apparently they let their egos get the best of them. Anyway, I got a ride in one of the cars later that day, and holy bejesus, turbo 'Stangs are FAST.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:38 PM

hey that guy in the link on that video, i got a question, im sure no one can answer it but whats with all the flash backs of that guy is that like his lover or some **** its like pics of a totaly dif. person like he dedicated it to some weird ****... w/e jw, i thought it was weird
Old 02-27-2005, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I don't buy it.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:46 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I don't buy it.
huh???? your kididng right.

and whats illegal about drag radials and roll cages on the street? unless you meant slicks.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
I rode bikes for years, and that rider obviously didn't know what he was doing.
Cummon... who races by rolling on at that RPM?

I'm not saying the car isn't fast, but that bike should consistently do a low- 10 second 1/4 mile.

If it were an R6 I'd bite.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 02-27-2005 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96

and whats illegal about drag radials and roll cages on the street? unless you meant slicks.
Whatever, slicks...drag radials...it's all the same to me, I'm no drag racer. All I know was that it took 2 hands and a lot of effort to turn the damn thing, and when he punched it on the highway, it got NO traction and kept trying to change lanes. Damn Mustangs with a mind of their own. The Mustang I rode in was a lot more squirrely than the one in the video, but it definitely would have beat most stock sport bikes.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:13 PM

Car Info: ATR Catback, HKS Downpipe, Injen CAI, 17x7.5 Rota Subzeros/Falken Azenis, Tein HA's, Apexi-SAFC,
Im with helladumb on this one. R6? maybe...R1 doubtfull sure either way that car has *****, big ones, but no one on that bike who knows how to drive would be sitting that high up. they would have rolled from a lot higher and RMP and be crouched like all hell...just my 2 cents on that one though. either way both fast machines
Old 02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Have you guys seen the one with the same mustang and the supra and tt trans am?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
the biker has more ballz than the stang driver in my opinion. its totally different racing on a bike than a car. bike is krazier
Old 02-27-2005, 10:49 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by downshift
the biker has more ballz than the stang driver in my opinion. its totally different racing on a bike than a car. bike is krazier
didnt know this was about who has the bigger *****, i thought it was about who has the faster vehicle. ive seen videos of that stang walk away from a kenne bell 03 cobra at 16psi, which could hang with or beat a R1 as well. if you dont believe me on that one you should see the kenne bell 03 cobra compilation video where there are about 15-20 differnt cars running times ranging from 10.5 to 9.4 at between 130-140mph. ide post it up but i lost the vid when my comp crashed about 2 months ago. so that stang is a beast and i am surprised the bike hung like it did. so your doubting that the bike was an R1 or that the vid was a set up? cause pretty sure we all saw it with our own eyes what happened.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:36 AM

Lightbulb

this isnt exactly about who has the bigger ballz.. NJ Dino jus said that that car has *****.. it does got ballz.. but then i just simply stated out of the blue that the rider has more ballz than the driver of that stang. i dont know what kenne bell cobra is.. but im sure it is fast.

the point im simply was stating is that i give props to that biker. and no im not doubting that that stang is a beast.. did i reject that? it is definitely a beast.. a 4.6L is definitely a beast. an r1 is a literbike. its 1.0L is also a beast too. and no im not doubting that it wasnt an r1... im sure that was an r1... and yes i did see what happened.. i saw the stang pull on the bike and i saw the bike pull on the stang. wat is your point?

its very clear. the biker has more ballz.. if you ever rode a sport bike you should know why i said that. going 100mph+ on a bike vs going 100mph+ in a car. the pilot on the bike has more to worry about and it takes more skills to race at that high speed on a bike than a car. the stang driver jus needs to sit and put the metal to the pedal. thought this was obvious. anyways you sound like one of those guys who think they are crazy cause they go fast in a fast mustang. ohhhh WOWWW... no respect for those people in driving cars who think they are krazy stuff.

that stang is krazy no doubt at all.. im already impressed with him hanging with an R1 because it takes a lot of money and work to make a stang fast enough to mess with a literbike, one can buy a new r1 from the dealer and RAPE every production car stock vs stock. you say you are suprised that the r1 hung with the stang?! you got it all wrong.. you should be suprised that stang hung with an r1. obviously THE CAR DOESN'T MAKE THE MAN, THE MAN MAKES THE CAR. anyways that was my simple point but you arent on the same page so i need to make myself clear.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:47 AM

oh by the way. you talk about 15-20 cars running 10.5-9.4... one can already break 10's in an BONE STOCK 2005 yamaha r6. and definitely in a r1. how much does one need to spend to modify a BONE STOCK stang to break 10's? you talk about quarter mile times.. so lets talk. a sportbike will dip on a car anyday anytime. when one speaks about true speed, the car bows down to the bike, the bike never bows down to the car. bikes and cars are on a totally different level, so when comparing them, dont forget what your comparing.