Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

not all about hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx alot of avo and a non dccd 6 speed
not all about hp

I dont know if anyone here has had the joy of driving an ae86 but they are great cars. I wish I never sold mine dont think I am a yota guy I have 2 wrx's and I sold the ae86 to get a spec C 6 speed for one of my subys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvI8B6nU84

Name:  Picture123.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  63.7 KB
Old 12-13-2006, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX IN RED!
Not sure if you know the story behind the Corolla in that video. But TRD (Toyota) Built that car just for keichi and spent over $100k (USD) bolt by bolt w/ new frame even. That car plus his skills.

Yea. Thats how power/weight ratio kicks in heh. Plus some good driving you get a descent car.

Good post.

Adam
Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 04wrx
yeah id get an ae86 if know how to drive like that ha
Old 12-14-2006, 12:19 PM

ae86

yeah I am lookin at geting another one maby a right hand drive this time I did find one fo 6k that is a jdm sprinter but I dont know how hard it would be to get it on the road in CA
Old 12-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
hahaha nice ending..
Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
nice vid
Old 12-14-2006, 10:33 PM

Car Info: Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
in reality that car is a piece of ****, have you seen its suspension structure? miata weighs about the same and is way better esp considering they;re cheaper
Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by vitaliko
in reality that car is a piece of ****, have you seen its suspension structure? miata weighs about the same and is way better esp considering they;re cheaper
Maybe a normal 1986 Carolla, however Keiichi Tsuchiya's is extremely different. It's tuned almost perfectly to match the togue. So everything from normal from suspension and less weight, to the crazy stuff like shift points. I'm sure no "normal" miata would be able to keep up with Keiichi Tsuchiya's ae86.

Heck, if I remember correctly, he can get through the togue faster in that than he can in a fully modded S2k (which by the way is his 2nd most favorite car)
Old 12-15-2006, 01:07 AM

hardly ****

I would agre that the mazda is a great car but there are not really any problems with the susp. I know some people dont like struts in the front and shalks in the back but they are tunable nun the less. and if you have the right guy behind the tuning of the cars susp. you can do almost anything with any car. also if you know the exact road you are going to be racing on that makes a big deal. I know i am going to get bashed on for saying this but some of the best susp. tuners are in nascar. the cars are set up all funky as they are in the strate but when they make that left turn the car is in perfect balance and plants the inside wheels to pull the turn as fast as posable. if all us auto heads would stop the hole my subaru is beter than you mitsu/ford/vw/honda/what ever we would be able to learn from each other and have some sweat cars. next time you are out showin of your ride go say what's up to the guy in the supercharged mustang and tell him he has a sick ride. they might just teach you something you did not know.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
dude, it's tsuchiya. he could drive a rolling lawn mower through the touge faster than you.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX (GD7)
Nice ~ very nice
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by tbonetristy
I would agre that the mazda is a great car but there are not really any problems with the susp. I know some people dont like struts in the front and shalks in the back but they are tunable nun the less. and if you have the right guy behind the tuning of the cars susp. you can do almost anything with any car. also if you know the exact road you are going to be racing on that makes a big deal. I know i am going to get bashed on for saying this but some of the best susp. tuners are in nascar. the cars are set up all funky as they are in the strate but when they make that left turn the car is in perfect balance and plants the inside wheels to pull the turn as fast as posable. if all us auto heads would stop the hole my subaru is beter than you mitsu/ford/vw/honda/what ever we would be able to learn from each other and have some sweat cars. next time you are out showin of your ride go say what's up to the guy in the supercharged mustang and tell him he has a sick ride. they might just teach you something you did not know.

spelchkr

nice ivd, though, and I agree that folks should take off their subie-blinders once in a while
Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 sti
there was one BMI where the hachi lost, i forgot against what car though. i think it was the fd amemiya and yes tsuchiya was driving the ae86.