Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Previous Tuner decided to put a password, need help getting passed it

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Car Info: 2012 Subaru WRX
Previous Tuner decided to put a password, need help getting passed it

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I just got a 2012 WRX okay I searched and can't find anything on how to bypass an Open Source Tune that is blocked by a password. So far my regular shop (Streamline Performance Hawaii) says the only way he knows how to do it is basically jail breaking it by plugging it in, and going through all the text and codes. He doesn't know exactly how long that would take. I wanted to know if anyone could give some information on where to start, let alone how to do it, or another alternative. It would be great help so that I don't have to pay so much if I can give em a head start by relaying him with some info on where to look in the ECU's programming. He said he has done it a few times, but not to the newer model WRX's. all help is greatly appreciated . Thanks.