Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

My Experience with Millenium Autosales *not good*

Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza RS
My Experience with Millenium Autosales *not good*

Hello guys.

As you know Im going through some tough times. The path i took to fix my transmission and ensure it would not happen again so easily has been one bad turn after another. I did make some mistakes on my part i admit. But then there were a lot of unlucky things that happend as well.

June 9th.

I called kevin at GT for a replacement transmission. he had none so he reffered me too Frank from Millenium Autosales in Michigan. I called and paid a hefty 1240 dollars shipped to have a 03 WRX transmission. (i was glad to have a new tranny on the way)

Few Days Later

I saw a JDM Transmission for sale and thought to myself hey why not get JDM so u dont have to worry about it later when u decide to boost. so i purchased the jdm transmission. a 94 WRX.

Shortly after the purchase of the JDM tranny. i called *Y2k autosales* and told frank that i had a purchased a transmission a few days ago that was in transit(did not even have possession of it yet) and would like to know if i could ship it back to him when i got it and he cud refund me for the price of the tranny. he responded "no i dont want to deal with that. you can easily make this money back on ebay"

Turned down. i posted the tranny forsale. at first i had no pictures because i didnt even have the tranny yet.

Few Days later

I picked up the WRX tranny from kevin's and sat it on some cardboard at the house. and there it remained for about a month until finally after dropping the price 200 dollars Angry Toaster purchased it from me. (not as easy as frank told me)

Present

I received the bad news last week that after Toaster installed the tranny at GT that it was making some weird noises at idle and dissapeared when the clutch was put in. Kevin told Toaster and me that there is defintely something wrong and this tranny may give out soon.

I contacted Frank and told him that i bought this tranny a on June 9th and that kevin as told me after installation that this tranny is on its last stretch.
I asked for a refund first. then decided a refund was a long shot and asked that if i were to return the transmission and pay both ways shipping. if i can get a replacement tranny for toaster.

He denied me twice and denied kevin when we tried to talk to him.

he keeps responding taht he cant know what happend to the transmission during hte nearly 2 months now. that i had it. He continuted to tell me stories of how hes been ripped off and then something about his accountant.

I told him i can show u proof of all the threads that i did not mess with this tranny. he wudnt accept it. Kevin even said that nothing was done. he wudnt accept it.

I called him today for the last time and asked him what can be done. id rather lose 400 dollars to ship back the tranny and get a replacement. then having to lose the 800 id have to refund. he denied me and told me he does not offer warranties. and said who wud. i told him all the engine shops local and on ebay i know of offer 90 day warranties... even when installed! he said well i dont. and that was that

Funny fact

he told me he has sold tons of parts and never had one sent back. funny...and here u were telling me stories of how people sent u back bad parts and ripped u off.

Direct Quote

"I know your probably a good guy and i hate to screw you....."

Millenium took 1240 dollars from me. and all i got was a broken tranny(better be the best damn broken tranny i ever had)

I advise everyone to not deal with Millenium Autosales in Michigan or Frank. If you do. your a gambler. because you are buying parts with no gurantee but this guys word.

Id like to thank Kevin for helping me through my transmission ordeal. getting me parts for cheap(and good quality) also for fighting for me and toaster to get a replacement tranny.

Toaster and WRX Girl sorry for the problems.

Good day everyone.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
What is this 'GT' place that referred you to Millenium Autosales in the first place? I've never heard of either one.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 08-01-2006, 06:52 AM

You'll find that bad press is your best form of ammunition. It's amazing how many businesses will suffer from bad press, especially amongst tightly-knit communities in the automotive world. Press can either make you or break you....
Old 08-01-2006, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 01 GME(6) / 04 GDF(7)
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
What is this 'GT' place that referred you to Millenium Autosales in the first place? I've never heard of either one.

--
0==WW==0

Might be Garage Tuning, since OP is from CA.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:27 PM

yes Garage Tuning.

and yes press can be my only compensation. He told me if he did warranties he would lose money. that maybe true. but apparently hes not concerned with helping his customers. if he wont replace my transmission or refund my money. then ill take my 1240 dollars and then some back by warning everyone. if he did the generous thing and fixed this problem. he could have gained so much more than what he took.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:35 PM

i think people shud see this so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

so im bumping it.

- thank you
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by legendaryharry
i think people shud see this so it doesnt happen to anyone else. so im bumping it.
That's the last bump.

i-Club has a Reviews section for non-i-Club vendors and that's really where items such as this should be posted. If you read the General forum's description, it's actually for topics relating to i-Club or Subaru in general.

Thanks for your consideration.

--
0==WW==0
Old 08-11-2006, 02:51 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Good post and thanks for the warning. Sucks that you bought it without any sort of warranty. But why would anybody buy something from anybody without some sort of warranty. Anyway that was some crap of service from their part!!
Old 08-12-2006, 01:07 AM

i assumed there was a warranty because i mean they arent like some guy selling stuff outta his garage hes a business.

that was my fault. heavy lesson learned.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Aspecialy these days it is a good rule of thumb to purchase a
stiff warranty with the things you buy.That is a tough lesson to
be learned.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 PM

i agree even if u come off like u dont trust the guy. its good to protect urself. i feel that most people or maybe just people like me get too hyped up that they forget to protect themselves or maybe just to impatient. i advise many people who plan on doing big purchases search about the person they are buying from and just over research things.

my hope is maybe in the future. when someone is about to buy something from millenium autosales that they search them on the forums. find this thread. and learn who these people are before they too become a potential victim.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 AM
banned

Car Info: 2004 STi
Edited because everyone thinks my replies are a type of trolling!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Car Info: rsti
i was looking them up and came upon this thread. thanks for the heads up. i would've been so effin pissed