Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Got my car back +a million to GST

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Thumbs up Got my car back +a million to GST

I must first start by saying +1million to GST but I will get to that later.

My wife crashed my 05 wrx to the tune of about 9k worth of damage. Pics to follow. It went to Diablo Autobody in Pleasanton who did a great job of doing my repair. The whole front o the car was smashed. 80% of the way through the repair they noticed the timing belt broken. OOPS. So the car went to Livermre Subaru who SUCK AT LIFE!!!!

Here are pics of what the car looked like after crash
Name:  Crashedsubie1-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  117.8 KB
Name:  Crashedsubie2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  132.8 KB
Name:  Crashedsubie4.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  114.8 KB
Sorry about the size but im a photobucket rookie, as for the quality thy were taken with my wifes blakberry so yea.
I will post after pics soon but it looks brand new.

Livermore subaru replaced 12 bent valves. Did from my understanding no machine work just dropped the old valves into the heads and used valve lapping compound to try to make them flush. They reused my headstuds, left almost all the bolts loose, and paid no attention to the damaged piston tops.
After getting my "repaired" car back the bodywork was flawless but it ran like poop. Livermore Subaru blamed my voodoo magic accessport and crazy exhaust. After many complaints the car was finally sent to GST Motorsports.
NOTE TO OTHERS DO NOT PATRONIZE LIVERMORE SUBARU. I gave them every opportunity to make right and sent the car back to them 3 times.

Upon doing a compression test the car was found to be leaking #1 25%, #2 40%, #3 28% and #4 was ok at 6% So I got the ok to have the motor R&R and thats when the non closing valves due to lapping compound being used and the gouged pistons found, significant damage to the bottom end. I got a brand new bottom end to be mated with my heads with some Cosworth 272 int/exh cams. All total it only took GST a week or so to do the new motor. The customer serice was great they kept me in the loop every step of the way. Greg and Mike answered all my questions and were fabulous.

On to my car now. I am running my break in tune right now and have 49 miles on it. It sounds awesome with the cams and idles and runs great. I cant wait to get my tune done and see what kind of power it will make. Just wanted to give a public thank you to GST for really taking care of me.

Last edited by Shayhan27; 02-24-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Car Info: wrx02
I hope you didn't pay a dime to that dealer. Let see the pics.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by willow
I hope you didn't pay a dime to that dealer. Let see the pics.
My insurance company is dealing with Livermore Subaru, they paid for the rental for 25 days. I may have lied about the pics. I am trying to pull them off my phone but to no avail. The whole front end was shot though. Both fenders peeled back, hood bent in half, radiator power steering pump sitting on the motor. It was bad. I will try I know the wife has pics so I will see if she can emial them to me.

Forgot to mention all above accept the cams and the cosworth head gasket was covered by the insurance...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Insurance covered an upgrade to ur motor? Damn that sounds awesome, what insurance do you have?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
My insurance company is dealing with Livermore Subaru, they paid for the rental for 25 days. I may have lied about the pics. I am trying to pull them off my phone but to no avail. The whole front end was shot though. Both fenders peeled back, hood bent in half, radiator power steering pump sitting on the motor. It was bad. I will try I know the wife has pics so I will see if she can emial them to me.

Forgot to mention all above accept the cams and the cosworth head gasket was covered by the insurance...
That's great! Good to hear that you got some good out of this. What turbo are you going to run with that motor?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Forget the old pics! I want to see the new ones! And glad to hear everything worked out and you have your car back
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Insurance covered an upgrade to ur motor? Damn that sounds awesome, what insurance do you have?
No they covered for me to get a new motor as opposed to rebuilding the old one. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM

That's great! Good to hear that you got some good out of this. What turbo are you going to run with that motor?
I need to cover some other things first on the suspension, rims, asthetics side before I dive into the motor.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
. Greg and Mike answered all my questions and were fabulous.
understatement of the year

Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by fizay
understatement of the year

Damn it I thought I took all those quetionable preference pictures of me off the net. Where did you find that one????
Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Added some right after the crash photos.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 PM

Depends on what direction I go with the transmission at this point. A few options are
Blouch DOM 3 if I stay on regular gas
20g If I decide to run it on KORN

Update: Finally threw the car on the dyno for a tune and was very happy with the results. Not because I made huge power but because the puny little WRX injectors and fuel pump couldnt handle the motor on the stock turbo.

Will put up dyno sheets and let you know the power it makes once I address the fuel issues. The car is running great though and the tune I got for it is very smooth and way faster than it was.

Thanks again mike and greg
Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX Wagon, and 99 RS
So the car went to Livermre Subaru who SUCK AT LIFE!!!!
The service department at Livermore Subaru is fundamentally dishonest. They tried to tell me that I needed new shocks when the top bolts (i don't know what they are called) were simply loose. Los bastardos.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Livermore Subaru used to be a lot better, but is crap now. I refuse to take my car there anymore.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:20 PM

UPDATE

Made 216hp/267ft lbs TQ but I misplaced my graph. This was awhile ago and had to be pulled back due to the injectors and fuel pump being too small.

Because of the cams the tq and power shoot straight up on the stock turbo and its a pretty flat line to 6500 rpm.

I got rims and lowered it too so I will post up pics soon.

Future mods:

Big a$$ injectors
Dual fuel pumps
Blouch dom 3
FMIC
6spd tranny

Just going to take some time to complete hopefully by next summer.

Quick Reply: Got my car back +a million to GST