Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

ERZ Performance products

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2007 wrx tr
Question ERZ Performance products

I am looking at getting a ERZ downpipe and 3'' catback exhaust for my wrx, but i want to know if anyone on here already has ERZ stuff and have and feedback on their products positive or negative.
The site seems pretty legit, but they are not as common as GReddy or anything.
If anyone has feedback on their products, or something in the same price range that would be better, please let me know. their website is just http://www.eracingzone.com/erzperformance.html

thanks-

beck
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Mabeck-scooby,

In my honest opinion, you should really stick to the venders that are advertised on this site. If you your looking for someone near you, give DB TUNED a call. Other than that, to answer your question about ERZ, no to many people are buying from them. If they do, they end up being for sale on craigslist. Give GST Motorsports a call. They'll be glad to help you out too. . .
Old 05-14-2007, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by STI RUSH
Give GST Motorsports a call. They'll be glad to help you out too. . .
+1 :character0086:
Old 05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
is it missing the tab that is off the tranny?

Last edited by sigma pi; 05-14-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM

so is erz a bad product? i know there are better products out there, but i dont want to spend a ton of money on just a dp, and a catback when for a grand more i could go stage one
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 02 SILVER WRX
cbe

I have an ERZ cbe and im happy with it, it bolted up perfect, sounds good and i noticed a little power improvement. i think its good for those that may be on a limited budget eracing is also local in hayward
Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
call gruppe-s
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Originally Posted by mabeck-scooby
so is erz a bad product? i know there are better products out there, but i dont want to spend a ton of money on just a dp, and a catback when for a grand more i could go stage one
I highly suggest you just buy a used helix/perrin dp. . .there is a lot being sold out there for cheap. . .how much of a budget are you planning on spending?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
stay with helix or titek
Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM

Car Info: Black 04 Wrx wagon
I have an ERZ DP to a Hush. The DP bolted right up. I love it, very good quility. I don't think a piece of pipe needs to be expensive.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:51 AM

well i did not have an exact price range, i would like to stay 600-700 max for the dp/catback, because im savin up for a stage 1 or two from vishnu. im not positive on vishnu, but i need to save up regardless for something like that. i already have a spt short ram air intake that i got from the dealership, and im thinkin exhaust and dp for the next upgrade to get a bit of power and nice sound, and i saw that ERZ was cheap, and looked legit, but i wanted to get some intel on it before i bought anything.
is there anything wrong with erz, or just that other stuff is more expensive. i can see that there might be a lot of other brands, but then it comes to piping, does another 300 dollars on a different brand make a difference?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
ERZ have some very good product. The catback sounded VERY good and made out of high quatility stainless steel.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM

Car Info: Black 04 Wrx wagon
Originally Posted by mabeck-scooby
well i did not have an exact price range, i would like to stay 600-700 max for the dp/catback, because im savin up for a stage 1 or two from vishnu. im not positive on vishnu, but i need to save up regardless for something like that. i already have a spt short ram air intake that i got from the dealership, and im thinkin exhaust and dp for the next upgrade to get a bit of power and nice sound, and i saw that ERZ was cheap, and looked legit, but i wanted to get some intel on it before i bought anything.
is there anything wrong with erz, or just that other stuff is more expensive. i can see that there might be a lot of other brands, but then it comes to piping, does another 300 dollars on a different brand make a difference?
I spent $540 for a brand new hush I go the ERZ $90 used and a stage II open source (Cobb base map enginuity tune $100) If you do the research it can be with really good quality parts at an affordable price. Good luck
Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 AM

Car Info: 2006 wrx
i have erz every thing headers/uppipie downpipe catback ap v1 protune is makeing 240 awhp 260 tq i love erz downpipe was 120 header/pipe was 280 catback was 250 .350 protune for everything. !!!!!!!!ps have 2 kids have a very small budget. after all is said is the best bang for the bucks
Old 05-27-2007, 10:01 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I've had an ERZ uppipe in my 04 WRX for almost 2.5 years. mileage I've put on this piece : over 52,000 miles.

I recently changed out my turbo since the internal oil seal gave out(smoking out the tail pipe), and had a chance to check out the uppipe after all of the wear and tear. It looked fine, mesh was still good on the flex joint, and the spring inside is still rigid.

I don't think you can go wrong with the ERZ upipe/downpipes, though you don't need the upipe since you have a MY06+.

The one thing I will suggest is that you do not use the crappy gaskets that come with their pipes. The one on mine looked terrible after 52K miles. Get the OEM gaskets, and you'll be set.

oh, and as far as fitment goes on the downpipes do a search on nasioc.com to see if anyone has had issues. The Titek, and V3 Helix downpipes have a bad problem where turning under load, or highway driving causes the downpipe to rattle against the cross-member. From recent searching on nasioc, no such complaints.

Quick Reply: ERZ Performance products