Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Bad Vendor...GSC Motorsports (Evokiller.com)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
Bad Vendor...GSC Motorsports (Evokiller.com)

I had ordered a part for my car (Perrin o2 eliminator @ $54.00)from GSC on thursday August 3rd 2006 from thier website (evokiller.com). I had purschased 2nd day Air shipping via Federal Express at $13.27. When the part had not come two days later I called thier office (August 5th)and asked for the tracking number. They told me that the part I ordered was out of stock and that It would be drop-shipped from Perrin themselves. I asked why they did not list the part as out of stock on thier website and why I was not givin a confermation E-mail or notified that thier part was out of stock. I was not givin the shipping money back and told that they only make $4.00 on the part and they could not eat the shipping. I asked still why I was paying for 2nd day shipping for something that has taken 5 days to which they said they would cancel my order or to live with it. The man then told me that ground shipping (which takes less then 5 days) was free. The man who took my call worked in the shipping department.

I know they only make $4.00 off the part but does they mean I am supposed to pay for a service I am not getting? I paid $13.23 for the service so I guess me, the customer, is supposed to eat the cost. When I go into get a meal and the food is bad or there is something wrong with it, the manager generally takes the meal off the ticket and does not give me a sob story about how they only make a few bucks off the food. I am not asking for a free part here, but reimbursement for the shipping cost.

I have contacted thier local BBB. You would think that they would eat a few dollars to make the customer happy. I would have done future business with them. Now they get a complaint filed and a lot of negitive speak in the forums. I hope in the future they decide that proper customer service is better then eating a few dollars.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Thanks for letting us know they sound pretty bad like the person how
runs the place could care less about customer service and earning your
business.Their are horrible Subaru vendors out there you just have to
beware of them and watch how you give your business to.
I will only give my business to good reputable Subaru vendors that
are well known and respected in the Subaru community.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 AM

I agree. Gruppe-s is a great one and they were terrific to deal with. I shall buy from them from now on.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
they arent eating any cost on shipping if its being drop-shipped from Perrin :rotfl:

oh yeah, I work retail and a $4 mark-up on a $50 part is just a lie. even if they are stupid enough to put only an 8% profit, if they are a good business they'll still cover the shipping charges (just sell 3 more of the parts and its pretty much covered).
Old 08-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Yes I know this. I told the guy just about what you said on the phone when I talked to him the other day. Just goes to show you that GSC sucks.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
That sucks. Thanks for the heads up though. I have bought a couple of things from Raceinspired.com and they were great and the parts were cheap. Even got an email to see if I was happy with service.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Originally Posted by Jakes02
That sucks. Thanks for the heads up though. I have bought a couple of things from Raceinspired.com and they were great and the parts were cheap. Even got an email to see if I was happy with service.
Thanks for telling me Jake I will check them out.Did your stuff come
on time? How was their customer service skills?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Cyrus923
I had ordered a part for my car (Perrin o2 eliminator @ $54.00)from GSC on thursday August 3rd 2006 from thier website (evokiller.com). I had purschased 2nd day Air shipping via Federal Express at $13.27. When the part had not come two days later I called thier office (August 5th)and asked for the tracking number. They told me that the part I ordered was out of stock and that It would be drop-shipped from Perrin themselves. I asked why they did not list the part as out of stock on thier website and why I was not givin a confermation E-mail or notified that thier part was out of stock. I was not givin the shipping money back and told that they only make $4.00 on the part and they could not eat the shipping. I asked still why I was paying for 2nd day shipping for something that has taken 5 days to which they said they would cancel my order or to live with it. The man then told me that ground shipping (which takes less then 5 days) was free. The man who took my call worked in the shipping department.

I know they only make $4.00 off the part but does they mean I am supposed to pay for a service I am not getting? I paid $13.23 for the service so I guess me, the customer, is supposed to eat the cost. When I go into get a meal and the food is bad or there is something wrong with it, the manager generally takes the meal off the ticket and does not give me a sob story about how they only make a few bucks off the food. I am not asking for a free part here, but reimbursement for the shipping cost.

I have contacted thier local BBB. You would think that they would eat a few dollars to make the customer happy. I would have done future business with them. Now they get a complaint filed and a lot of negitive speak in the forums. I hope in the future they decide that proper customer service is better then eating a few dollars.
so they agreed to give you a full refund but you still called the BBB ?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:45 AM

a

You could've just got a refund and re-ordered it and selected the free 5 day shipping. That would've shown them how much of a genius you were.... But I understand that you're upset. I definetely would've been upset about it too!! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by WRX409
Thanks for telling me Jake I will check them out.Did your stuff come
on time? How was their customer service skills?
Customer service was great. They price matched a part for me that I found on......I think it was www.ultrarev.com ? Yeah stuff came on time. The UPS guy screwed me though. I got home from work and took a nap, when the UPS guy came he put the parts in the garage next to the car and didn't ring the doorbell so I woke up about 8pm and went out to get the mail and....MERRY CHRISTMAS my parts came.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:18 PM

There are some factors why I did not cancel the order. First being when I called a few days after my order, perrin had already drop-shipped the part out. I would have had to deal with sending the part back to them in order to get my refund.

Second...I ordered 2nd day air shipping for a reason. To get here FAST. I need the part in order to trade my car in on another one I want to buy and the car on the lot I wanted could have been sold to another by then. No dealer likes to get a trade in with a CEL.

So as far as canceling the order and reordering the part would have displayed my genius, but would have taken a long time. Thus the 2nd day air shipping.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:52 AM

Update:

So after being approved by the BBB, GSC wrote back that they would not give me my 13 dollars back due to the fact that I "verbaly abused" them on the phone. For starters I was very polite on the phone and the only time I offered confrontation was asking them why I should pay for the advanced shipping even though it arrived later then ground. I wrote back asking for proof of the "verbal abuse" but they have not replied yet. I wonder if the owner of the company is aware of the crappy service and poor customer support not to mention bad employee they have. They have refused to give me my 13 bucks back but I have already told American Express to cancel the payment of that amount.

Its only 13 bucks but now it has become more about principle then anything else. If I have learned a few things they would be that a lot of vendors like GSC are bad to deal with and you have to watch out but that paying with a Credit Card is a sure way to go. Just want to pass the info a long. Don't deal with this company.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:59 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
that sucks... sounds like a recent ebay experience I had...