Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Another +1000000 for EQ Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Another +1000000 for EQ Tuning!

I really cannot say enough good things about Equilibrium Tuning. Before I’d ever even made an appointment, Ed was totally accommodating, promptly and thoroughly answering any questions and concerns I had. He understood that reliability and daily drivability was hugely important to me for a number of reasons, and was very respectful of this.
I went in yesterday for install of a stealthback, oil change, a few other random things here and there, as well as a reflash and tune for my 06 wagon. For starters, the shop looks great-they did an awesome job with it, and Ed and Sonya were so nice and accommodating. Chris did an excellent job with the installs, thoroughly explaining to me a few things he noticed that came up during the process I think a lot of people wouldn't take the time to do, which I really appreciated.
The tune itself was a blast, and frankly I was extremely impressed by the difference it made. Its so totally customized, and I feel like I got exactly what I wanted and needed out of it. I never imagined my car could run so smoothly with such a big power increase, with relatively little modifications. I had to take it on a 5 hour trip afterwards, and at points I couldn't believe it was the same car. I think a simple reflash and tune is something so many Subaru drivers could benefit from, whether or not they want to take it to the next level. I really didn’t need an AP and I just wanted my car to run better with a reasonable power increase, without any extra noise or flash (hence the stealthback); I feel like I definitely accomplished that at EQ. The whole service was a lot of 'bang for your buck', and the final outcome totally exceeded my expectations. I knew it would make a big difference, but I didn't realize that the car I've owned for nearly 3 years was capable of the level of performance I feel it now offers without totally breaking the bank, diminishing overall reliability, and basic comfort. Thanks so much to everyone at EQ, I’ll see you all again soon for some new brakes!
Oh yes, and I'd like to close by saying I am proud to be the first female customer since they opened shop, and only the second female Ed has ever tuned

Name:  91_tuned5.png
Views: 14
Size:  32.1 KB
Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
YAY! To bad you left after the tune! I was wondering where you went! I'm glad you are satisfied. EQ Tuning FTW! Great Customer Service, Great People, Great Power, Great Results!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by STI RUSH
YAY! To bad you left after the tune! I was wondering where you went! I'm glad you are satisfied. EQ Tuning FTW! Great Customer Service, Great People, Great Power, Great Results!
aww, yeah...I should have stuck around for a while longer. I was initially planning on staying a bit later, but had a long drive to tackle so took off pretty early. Ahh well! Hope you had fun!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
Numbers look awesome, can't wait till ed gets a hold of my car!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
seeing all these 2.5l's getting high numbers in torque makes me want a 2.5 sooo bad
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Glad you're happy with everything Marit! Those supertones are so loud!! hahaha

Don't work too hard on that hw now...

-Adam
Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Thanks for the kind words, enjoy the tune!
________
HEADSHOP

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
I wish i had a 2.5 =( damn torque numbers are nice. congrats on the numbers young lady !
Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by NorCalSubie07
Numbers look awesome, can't wait till ed gets a hold of my car!
Yep, and it'll be well worth it once he does!

Originally Posted by leftcoast_650
seeing all these 2.5l's getting high numbers in torque makes me want a 2.5 sooo bad
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
I wish i had a 2.5 =( damn torque numbers are nice. congrats on the numbers young lady !
Considering I had a bugeye before this wagon, I feel your pain Thanks for the congrats, Joe!

Originally Posted by AdamBOMB_STi
Glad you're happy with everything Marit! Those supertones are so loud!! hahaha

Don't work too hard on that hw now...

-Adam
Thanks Adam! I know, I love those supertones...haven't used 'em yet, but the next person who obnoxiously refuses to acknowledge the turnout lane on my way back up to school is going to get an earful I definitely won't and haven't been working too hard on the hw-gotta change that starting today!

Originally Posted by crfsti
Thanks for the kind words, enjoy the tune!
You're very welcome, and I will definitely enjoy! Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Good to hear you finally got the tuning bug (so, when's the turbo getting upgraded? )! Now you have a little wagon that could do even more
Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM

Car Info: 2003 AW WRX - VF39
i cant wait to get tuned.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Thanks for the nice write up Marit! I was very impressed with the power we made considering you still have the quiet stock axleback. It seems at these power levels, the stock muffler isn't much of a restriction at all. This is a great option for people wanting to keep their cars quiet, but still get most of the benefits of a full TBE.

-- Ed
Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru WRX Limited
What kind of stealthback r u running? TurboXS? New downpipe and new midpipe? catted and resonated or not? Info appreciated...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by mattselig25
What kind of stealthback r u running? TurboXS? New downpipe and new midpipe? catted and resonated or not? Info appreciated...
Its the TXS stealthback and its catless.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Thanks for the nice write up Marit! I was very impressed with the power we made considering you still have the quiet stock axleback. It seems at these power levels, the stock muffler isn't much of a restriction at all. This is a great option for people wanting to keep their cars quiet, but still get most of the benefits of a full TBE.

-- Ed
You're very welcome!
Yeah, I was expecting good numbers but was definitely pleasantly surprised. I'm really happy I decided to go with the stealthback in the end. The APS TBE is super nice and I really debated, but as the name suggests the stealthback is just so stealthy Plus a great bargain!
Anywho, thanks again Ed!!!

Quick Reply: Another +1000000 for EQ Tuning!