Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

waaah, I don't know how to use my brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:11 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX sedan
Good luck convincing Subaru that, since your brakes do a poor job of stopping you from racing at triple-digit speeds on city streets, you should deserve a free set of 4-pot Brembos...
Old 05-18-2004, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Isn't ABS supposed to come on when you slam the brakes? If it didn't, wouldn't the wheels lock up?

:banana:
Old 05-18-2004, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
Without ABS, you would have slid right through that stoplight and probably killed yourself. While the pedal may feel weird when you stand on it, all that pedal modulation is making you stop in a shorter distance. Try doing the same thing in a car without ABS and then tell us what you think about it. Trust me, you want the ABS there.

Why on God's green earth were you doing a buck ten on city streets anyway????
Old 05-18-2004, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
Here is a quote from another thread "billlly" started.
He states that nothing is wrong with his car, haha. His driving indidcates otherwise.
Well, we know that his ABS has a problem

'02 blue WRX 4-sale, some mods

2002 WRX, blue
27,000 miles
blitz boost controller(feels good)
thermal catback exhaust(sounds good)
aem cold air intake(sounds very good)
hks blow off valve (sounds very very good)
18" Racing hart GT5 wheels
Sony motorized flip face head unit
and a pair of eye lids

I need to get $19k for it to pay it off or as close to that as possible.
payments are $489 a month for another 4 years if anyone just wanted to take over the payments.
There's nothing wrong with the car its just that i cant afford insurance anymore cause its up to $587 a month for me.
The car is in Milwaukee WI right now so if anyone wants to get a good look at it email me at j6564@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by wrexr; 05-18-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX sedan
It's not poor design. The brakes on the WRX are designed to stop the car when the car is driven properly within and slightly above the bounds of the rules of the road, and any driving conditions you may face. They're *supposed* to modulate when you apply them in a way that would otherwise lock them up...like doing a buck ten in downtown Milwaukee. If you don't want to change your driving habits, then buy a car that can handle them....Like a Formula 1 series open-wheel race car. Don't expect a DOT-approved car to perform like one.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Here's billllly's last car...if you look closely, you'll see the worn out front pads & warped rotors!
Attached Thumbnails waaah, I don't know how to use my brakes-audi1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 06:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
Is that ... no... was that an impreza??? That sux, what happened??? And to think I killed my car

Just as a note on the topic tho, for all we kno, his brakes may have been bad, and we're just assuming it was that he expected too much while going over a hundred. And to think I've never had mine over 80, and certainly never slammed on my brakes anywhere near that speed.

Can you really lock up your wheels at 100 mph if it werent for ABS? Wow
Old 05-18-2004, 11:00 PM

Yeah, without ABS anytime you jump on the brakes you will lock up the wheels. Its usually not too bad, unless the road is slippery. I know, I have a 2000 Impreza L. I used to have a '86 Subaru GL-10, one time I had to stop fast to avoid a deer, and left two black stripes down the road.

BTW, that looks like an Audi A4, no?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
Hey Billlly,

1st: i-club.com does not condone street racing or speeds of that kind in the suburbs.
2nd: Most of the members support this rule, and if they don't, they keep to themselves.
3rd: The members who do support this rule, are very critical of those who do not.
4th: The "point" of having a car is transportation. Fast cars like ours, are intended to be pushed on the dirt first and foremost, and the track/tarmac as well.
5th: Name calling and swearing is not tollerated...
6th: Your "mommy" comment is an ASSumption. Try not to make an *** of yourself.
7th: Try doing a search on google to learn more about ABS, or you can check out this informative link I have provided: http://www.autoshop-online.com/auto101/abs.html
8th: If you truly feel there is a problem with your ABS, take it to your dealer to have it checked.

Hope this helps,
Kevin