F/S: '94 Impreza/EJ20g project car (unfinished)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 12:18 AM

Car Info: NSX, 3 WRXs :eek:, '98 Outback, '96 Legacy wagon
F/S: '94 Impreza/EJ20g project car (unfinished)

There is a lot of history to my relationship with this car. Let me try to be brief. The car started life as my step-mom's '94 Impreza L AWD. Crank windows, manual locks, 2580 lbs. Garage kept...perfect project car. It was passed down to me, and I had Rallispec do their magic w/a '94 WRX EJ20G. I had the most enjoyable 20k miles of my life in that swap. A year later I slid into a tree, and sold off the driveline to a guy in Tennessee who now has it in his '97 Impreza and runs mid 12's w/my old set-up.

Anyway, the damage was limited to the passenger side fender. I was enticed into buying a jdm front clip again last march, and this time set out to do the work myself...however, I've probably spent a total of 20-25 hours on the project, most of which has involved stripping down the front clip. For the past 8 months I've lived near Philly and am rarely in the Atlantic City area to work on the project (its at my parent's house sitting in my garage w/stock steelies), so I'm considering selling the whole she-bang.

You get everything necessary for the swap:

'94 Impreza L AWD, currently gutted and awaiting its new motor/tranny...the jdm 4.111 rear is already installed, along w/the jdm rear suspension and disc brakes. When this car was on the street, I had people constantly assuming the car was 1-2 years old, the paint and body are THAT good. Body has 180k miles, but you'd NEVER know it.

'93 WRX motor/tranny/ecu/harness/suspension/brakes/hood/turbo-back exhaust/xmember, etc w/55k miles (240 hp...comes w/powerful TD05-16g, easily capable of 350 hp w/accompanying mods...anyone unfamiliar with the 16g need only do a search to find out more). The jdm motor also comes w/a more streetable 8.5 to 1 compression ratio, which improves off-boost response, spool up, and makes running the larger 16g turbo more streetable.

I have the entire front clip, so turbo front crossmember is included. I also have the jdm exhaust from the front clip. I even have the jdm hood w/jdm scoop and vents, so this car will be one of a kind. What's more, the front clip was the EXACT same bright red as this car, so no painting is necessary. I have a replacement fender for the one that I ruined. The engine bay is shows slightly where I slid into the tree, but once the new fender is on, I don't think it will be noticable.

I really want to finish this project, but its just not happening, and I'm now prepared to sell this off and take a loss. I'm willing to let this go for $5000 OBO at this point. Once finished this will be a hot car. For pics of the car, see pages 4 and 6 of this link (if you're set on 25 posts/page): http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...mp;pagenumber=4

If it suits the buyer, we can arrange to have the car and front clip transported to Rallispec for the swap, you just need to contact Rallispec, as all pricing/labor is between you and them. I am simply willing to deliver the car and driveline components to their shop. Otherwise, everything is here and ready for pickup. The car can be rolled around currently).

Email me at mark_levine@kaplan.com or crazyfastwrx@yahoo.com or call my cell at 609-287-9806, and we can make arrangements to meet up so you can check everything out. Hit me up w/any questions.

Mark
Old 04-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Can I buy just the car from you without anything else?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:51 AM

Car Info: NSX, 3 WRXs :eek:, '98 Outback, '96 Legacy wagon
I'm open to parting the car and jdm clip. Feel free to contact me and/or make an offer.

Mark