93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS

Hey guys, I'm posting this here hoping to see if anyone would be interested in a 93 Ford Taurus SHO. I also own a 02 WRX and would also be interested if anyone wants to trade aftermarket parts for my REX. I am open to any offers. I recently had this car auctioned at Ebay but due to a Non-paying buyer, here she is.

First off, This car hasn't been registered yet since I've gotten it so the buyer of the car will become the 2nd owner. The original owner bought this brand new back in 1993. He happened to own the restaurant next to my job and he had just bought another car and wanted to get rid of this one. Since I used to own a modified 91 SHO, I was the first one he asked if I wanted his car. After I sold my car, I bought this. My original plan was to drop a supercharger, manual transmission and the works. But my plans have changed since I've purchased my WRX. All my money has gone to that car instead. By the way this car is bone stock, so there aren't any mods to break.

-3.2L 24V DOHC Yamaha Engine
-Automatic transmission
-117k original miles
-Mocha leather interior with powered drivers and passenger's seats
-Auto climate control
-JBL sound system
-Moonroof
-Ford alarm system with remote trunk

A little something about Ford Taurus SHOs. These cars have a 3.2L 24V DOHC YAMAHA powerplant, manufactured in Japan for Ford Motors. These engines used to put out 300hp but Ford had to detune it down to 220hp since they didn't want their 4 door sedan to beat their Mustang GTs. I've owned a 91 SHO for 5 years and spent 15k on that car before I got my WRX, so if you have any questions regarding SHOs, don't hesistate to e-mail or PM me.

But if you want to learn more about these cars, here's a great website dedicated to Ford Taurus SHOs.
The site has everything from Supercharged and Turbochargerd SHOs to SHO powered Cobras and Lotus'. From regular maintainance to modifying SHOs. They also have a great forum with very friendly members.
http://www.shotimes.com

I'm hoping to get $1500 for the car but I will also take any reasonable offers. If you want to trade WRX parts, I'd be interested in that too. I could use a nice set of wheels and tires for my REX as well as any go fast parts. I live in CT so anyone who lives around the area is more than welcome to take a look at the car. If you also want to check CARFAX, PM me I will give you the VIN number. If you have any more questions, Please feel free to e-mail or PM me. Or give me a call on my mobile phone at (203) 550-0307

JAC

Here are some pix of the car. I have a lot more of them, so please e-mail me if you want to see the other pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS-93sho-003.jpg  
Old 12-04-2003, 10:05 PM

Here's the YAMAHA engine
Old 12-04-2003, 10:06 PM

here
Attached Thumbnails 93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS-93sho-011.jpg  
Old 12-04-2003, 10:07 PM

This is the only dent on the car.
It is on the left rear passenger's side.
Attached Thumbnails 93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS-93sho-009.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003, 11:23 AM

What kind of car are you trading in? And what parts will you have off it? BTW if you want more info on SHOs, clik on this link
http://www.shotimes.com
This car is actually more than a beater.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:21 AM

Hey guys, the car is still up for grabs.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:40 AM

ttt
Old 01-15-2004, 06:49 PM

Car Info: black 02 wrx
SOrry
Spoke to my SHO friend, and no joy..
I tried but wasn't interested.
ALex

Bump for a great car..
Old 01-26-2004, 09:39 AM

DOH!!! Its an auto. I would have considered a manual.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:00 AM

Actually I purchased the car with the intent of converting it to a built MTX with a quaife differential and so much more. I had a 91 before this one and my stock tranny didn't last long after I added a 12 psi supercharger. These cars are project cars, with that big YAMAHA motor in it, who wants to keep it stock.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX (Black)
Nice.. I've had a 92 silver frost mtx for years a great quick family sleeper real cheap and easy to mod they shoulda come with the supercharger but your right ford would have never let that happen. I've taken quite a few modded 92 GT's down and It'll definitly run up high and pull on my 03 REX. I've been a member at the times for years as well #620... is Fred still smashing them ;^).

For anyone young or old looking for great cheap semi exotic transportation that yamaha motor pulls....hard..

Good luck selling... by the way was your 91 a 91+
Old 02-07-2004, 05:11 PM

My old one was a 91, wish it was a 91+ though. But I love that car. Spent a lotta dollars on it too. Let me know if you know of anyone who's interested in the car, I appreciate it.

JAC
Old 02-21-2004, 11:06 AM

Car Info: black 02 wrx
Kwilson21, are you by any chance referring to a Fred from the New England States? Just curious I know a friend who races with a Fred who is a SHOtimes guy.. think he is from NH or Mass and has a garage where he works on his supercharged SHO..

BTW, having been with some of the SHO guys, it's fun seeing them beat up on some of those fancy cars i.e. Ferrari's at Lime Rock..

Take care.
Alex
Old 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 95 ford taurus
do you still have the car?

Quick Reply: 93 FORD TAURUS SHO 4 SALE or TRADE for WRX PARTS