Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno in Houston????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 AM

Nope, not yet, but that's something we'd like to see change very soon.

The question I ask is, WHERE????? What shops in the Houston area do you all do business with, and what shops would you be most likely to do more business with if they were equipped with a Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno like Vishnu Performance?

We are currently offering our AWD dyno at very special pricing and believe that there is a HUGE AWD crowd in this part of the country that would be very eager to run the rollers off one of these things. The question is, who would you like to see add this service to their current lineup of products and service offerings?

Brian Kennedy
Dyno Dynamics USA
Old 10-02-2004, 11:53 AM

Hmm... not many AWD dynos in Houston right now. 2 that I know of. I think DSA could be interested in an AWD dyno, they do DSM stuff though.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:57 PM

Well, there are more and more AWD vehicles on the road every day. I've had a lot of people call me to ask if I can point them in the direction of one of our dynos in Houston, but to the best of my knowlege, there isn't one. If somebody in Houston got our AWD dyno like Shiv at Vishnu Performance, they'd make an absolute killing, I'm sure. Mention it to your favorite shops and have them get in contact with me if they'd like some info.

BK
Old 10-20-2004, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
The problem is that no one in Houston specializes in Subaru or AWD for that matter. turbochargers.com has a AWD dyno but they do not tune. I think SGP also has a AWD dyno but haven't heard much about them. What we really need is a good tuner.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:12 PM

I've had several shops in Houston checking out our dynos, and they know very well that there's a real market for them there. The big hang-up is that everyone's waiting to see what the other guy is going to do, everyone's got cold feet.

As far as Houston needing a tuner. . . . we provide expert training for tuning and engine mapping by Ben Strader at www.efi101.com . Anyone with the aptitude to learn the techniques who attends his training courses would probably make a lot of money in Houston, especially if he/she had access to one of our dynos. That being said, anyone who is interested in this type of thing owes it to themselves to give Ben or myself a call to learn more. I'll be at the SEMA show in Los Vegas in a little less than two weeks, as will Ben. I invite you all to come visit our booths and talk more about tuning.

BK
Old 01-13-2005, 02:57 PM

It looks as if Houston is getting closer to having an AWD Dyno Dynamics machine become part of the local scene! Watch this thread for more info (rumors) as they come about.

BK
Old 01-13-2005, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by jetenginedoctor
It looks as if Houston is getting closer to having an AWD Dyno Dynamics machine become part of the local scene! Watch this thread for more info (rumors) as they come about.

BK
stop teasing...who is it??

ASAA told me they are looking into a AWD dyno.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by WestsideWRX
Personally, there could be an All Wheel dyno on every street corner in Houston and I'd still drive to FIS in McKinney. It's not the dyno I'm especially concerned about. It's the guy tuning my car...
Agreed.

What a lot of people don't realize though, is tuning isn't difficult to do correctly if you've got the right equipment. Our dynos make it incredibly easy to reliably and safely tune a car for best power, driveability, emissions, etc. That's not to say that we promise to make Cooter down at Jiffy-Lube a world-class tuner if he gets a Dyno Dynamics rig, but it does mean that a competent individual with an understanding of tuning fundamentals can do a pretty damn good job using our machine and a little training/practice.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 05' Subaru WRX
So who wants to let Cooter train/practice on their car? Not it!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pace_Maker
So who wants to let Cooter train/practice on their car? Not it!
Trust me, Cooter can't afford one of these.

Any shop who's got a Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno is NOT just farting around trying to sell more coffee can mufflers. The cost alone is enough to seperate the grain from the chaff with regards to these dynos and the shops/tuners that have them. The best equipment costs more. Cooter hasn't got pockets this deep.

BK
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 AM

I think Greg or someone from there is hosting a Dyno day AWD and 2WD
Old 01-31-2005, 09:07 AM

Cooter bought a Mustang.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 PM

Location: Houston, Texas "Drive it like you stole it.." 13.034 @ 105.19 mph
Car Info: Aspen White 04 STI, Silver 03 RS (wife's car)
Originally Posted by jetenginedoctor
Cooter bought a Mustang.
I have a dyno ticket at ford if your buddy is interested...
Old 11-24-2005, 07:11 PM

The Dyno has arrived. . . . .

www.enginelogics.com

That's the Dyno Dynamics AWD 450 Lowboy chassis dyno with optional twin retarder rear bed.

Discuss. . . .

BK

Last edited by jetenginedoctor; 11-24-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno in Houston????