Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Youngest Medal of Honor winner dies

Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Youngest Medal of Honor winner dies

WWII vet who was youngest Medal of Honor winner dies

JACKSON, Miss. — Jack Lucas, who at 14 lied his way into military service during World War II and became the youngest Marine to receive the Medal of Honor, died Thursday in a Hattiesburg, Miss., hospital. He was 80.

Jacklyn "Jack" Lucas was just six days past his 17th birthday in February 1945 when his heroism at Iwo Jima earned him the nation's highest military honor. He used his body to shield three fellow squad members from two grenades, and was nearly killed when one exploded.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
these people die and go to a special place
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

I can't see a 17 yr old today doing what he did.....very sad.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Yeah, jumping on grenades just isn't gangster.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:42 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Dude i read about this guy. He sneaks into the marines at age 14. gets caught cuz he sends his gf a letter. The military find out he is 14 and tell him that they are going to kick him out.

He says if they kick him out he will just go join the army. stows away on a boat. gets out to sea. doesnt want to get named as a deserter tells the cap. of the boat he wants to fight and gets to. The cap never asked for hsi age and he never volunteered it.

How many people do you see that want to defend their country so bad that they sneak in @ age 14.

And then this Bad *** MOther ****er jumps on 2 grenades to save some of his buddies. And freaking lives.

Sorry paul i havent read yoru link yet. this is what i read but i guess the people he saved were busy watching a japanese group of soldiers and were relaying very important info.

Of course no 17 year old would do that. self centered ******. That guy was just awesome. they dont make them that hardcore anymore... well not to often.

I dont want to start a **** storm on this thread but back then there was a different type of patriotism. People came on boats from very far distance and what did they do when they got here?

They wove the American Flag. NOT their italian flags. or their mexican flasg of their german flags. They came to the country to embrace it.

Now we have people that come to our country and wave their native countries flags whether it me mexican, palestineian, or whatever. They spit on and burn the american flag. Disgrace it. They dont embrace america and really want to be american they want more pay and better jobs. not the rest of the stuff that comes with that.

People in the early 1900's came here and made their kids learn english. They took the stars and stripes as their flag. They were no longer who they were when they left the old home. They were now americans. Didnt let their kids speak their native tongue. Wanted them to be as american as they could be.

Now in alot of business places you can go into any business and find at least one person that doesnt speak any english. If i go to another country I dont expect them to know english but when they come to mine i expect you to speak my language not make me learn yours.

I am just saying. They dont make people like this man. A fine gentleman that was a real american hero.

p.s. **** THE WHITE STRIPES. I hate that song where it says

Well, Americans:
What, nothin' better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out?
You're an immigrant too.

NO I am not mother ****er. my great great grand parents were. I am an american you ****ing hippi **** nut. I hate those guys for that song.

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 06-07-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:09 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Yeah, jumping on grenades just isn't gangster.
I didn't mean the act of jumping onto a live grenade, but more of the larger concept of self sacrifice, believing in & fighting for a just cause, etc .
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM

I didn't mean the act of jumping onto a live grenade, but more of the larger concept of self sacrifice, believing in & fighting for a just cause, etc .
same difference.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
My late Granddad joined the Army after running away from an abusive home at 14. I always gave my Grandma a hard time for dating a minor (17 at the time) when she was 19 I believe. He was hospitalized for rheumatic fever and politely discharged for lying about his age at 17. After hearing his cousin jumped on a Grenade in Korea he reenlisted for 20+ more. They sure don't make them like they use to...

RIP Mr. Lucas
Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
This guy was definitely a hero. I feel obligated to remind everyone that two soldiers were given the Medal of Honor for jumping on grenades in Iraq. I know the men I've served with would die for me in a second and I'd do the same for them. The media would rather not present us as patriotic though. It's convienient.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
This guy was definitely a hero. I feel obligated to remind everyone that two soldiers were given the Medal of Honor for jumping on grenades in Iraq. I know the men I've served with would die for me in a second and I'd do the same for them. The media would rather not present us as patriotic though. It's convienient.
It's not trendy to mention military heroism in the news right now. It's only cool to report negative or depressing stories (AKA scare tactics).