Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

You know Kerry's stance now- Amazing process!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
You know Kerry's stance now- Amazing process!!!!

I think everyone knows Kerry's stance on Iraq as of yesterday (heck it might have changed this morning). I think everyone is familiar with his image as a flip-flopper.

Do you actually know what he's specifically said and done to earn that image?

Check it out:
http://www.kerryoniraq.com/

Please don't comment unless you've watched the documentary.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
comment

guess what

i didnt watch the mindless propaganda...
Old 08-25-2004, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
see him on Daily Show? Kerry's gonna OWN Bush in the debates.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:27 PM

Thumbs up Dr3 Calls Kerry's own words Propaganda?

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
comment

guess what

i didnt watch the mindless propaganda...

Haahah so now you call Kerry's own flip-flopping propaganda? NICE!!!

You don't sound very open minded.=)

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-25-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by scoobsport98
see him on Daily Show? Kerry's gonna OWN Bush in the debates.
Of course, he'll just change his answers again. You can't put Kerry in a box ON ANY ISSUE.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Haahah so now you call Kerry's own flip-flopping propaganda? NICE!!!

You don't sound very open minded.=)

no i call people who say he flip flops with little to no understanding of how the political proccess works as propaganda spinsters... Now if you gave background information on each vote and why he voted yes on one version of a billa nd no on another i think you would be surpirsed that there is alot more thought given to kerry's votes then anything bush could hope for.

Its like the stupid and stubborn cursing the smart and careful for thinking before they jump into the pool that is empty....

my suggestion to you is go look at the other sides arguments as to why he voted the way he did then simply buying into what you are told.

I know it is a stretch for your simple mind but give it a shot.. Report back your results
Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM

If you weren't so closed minded, you'd know that this documentary focuses on his statements, not on his voting record.

It's rather enlightening that you automatically went there, though!

no i call people who say he flip flops with little to no understanding of how the political proccess works as propaganda spinsters... Now if you gave background information on each vote and why he voted yes on one version of a billa nd no on another i think you would be surpirsed that there is alot more thought given to kerry's votes then anything bush could hope for.

Its like the stupid and stubborn cursing the smart and careful for thinking before they jump into the pool that is empty....

my suggestion to you is go look at the other sides arguments as to why he voted the way he did then simply buying into what you are told.

I know it is a stretch for your simple mind but give it a shot.. Report back your results
Old 08-25-2004, 01:57 PM

well said
Old 08-25-2004, 02:06 PM

Of course, he'll just change his answers again. You can't put Kerry in a box ON ANY ISSUE.
What are you talking about? Kerry has had a firm platform from the beginning of his campaign and he has firm stances on many of the most important issues- You can nitpick about what he has said in years past and how that doesn't match with what he says now- but people are allowed to (and should) reach new conclusions under different circumstances, etc. Kerry has a difference of opinion with Bush on lots of issues (war, environment, healthcare, etc.)- they think differently. Because Bush is so "stubborn" as Kerry puts it, there is no way to adapt to the new, changing world than to elect a new president.

I'd appreciate it if you put some thought and insight into your statements, rather than just spewing out unsubstansiated one-liners.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

If you weren't so closed minded, you'd know that this documentary focuses on his statements, not on his voting record.

It's rather enlightening that you automatically went there, though!

statements with out any context of those statements are anything but statements... open your eyes..

pretty ****ing simple concept, just a snippet of a sentence or even a sentence or two out of a conversation with no context can be spun into something it isnt. That is what i am saying..

Use those last three braincells man i know you can do it....
Old 08-25-2004, 02:58 PM

It's clear you still refuse to watch it. Heck, I don't blame you. It would probably make you have to admit you were wrong.

It just makes me laugh that you won't even consider it.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

i saw parts of it allready, before you even posted it, not going to watch it right now because i dont have the time
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I watched the video. I know dozens of non-politicians that have done the same thing. You see, when your told something is true, then it turns out to be wrong, you change your mind. Senator Kerry did not have access to as much intelligence data as the President and his security advisors did. Many people believed that this closely held, non-public intelligence information was very convincing, and it turns out, it was not. I desperately wanted to believe that there was a valid reason for the attack, I think the rest of the world did, as well. But that was not the case.
An open minded and reasonable person is willing to change their stance on an issue as new facts come to light. It is the stubborn and arrogant who refuse to admit when they have made a mistake. For the record, I don't think a politician on either side of the aisle would admit when they made a mistake, it is not in their nature.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:25 PM

Well, I know that a lot of people share your perspective regarding the war. I'm ASSUMING you know that Kerry sat on the intelligence committee, no?
As far as statements made by Kerry, I think people should watch it and judge for themselves. I know there are thousands of people out there forming opinions about Kerry from recent news, not information that really speaks to his character.

Dr3 interjected with comments about his voting record... I think people need to see that too.

How else are you supposed to judge a man's character? Ask the people he served with? LOL =)

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
I watched the video. I know dozens of non-politicians that have done the same thing. You see, when your told something is true, then it turns out to be wrong, you change your mind. Senator Kerry did not have access to as much intelligence data as the President and his security advisors did. Many people believed that this closely held, non-public intelligence information was very convincing, and it turns out, it was not. I desperately wanted to believe that there was a valid reason for the attack, I think the rest of the world did, as well. But that was not the case.
An open minded and reasonable person is willing to change their stance on an issue as new facts come to light. It is the stubborn and arrogant who refuse to admit when they have made a mistake. For the record, I don't think a politician on either side of the aisle would admit when they made a mistake, it is not in their nature.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

sitting oin the intel commitee doesnt mean much of ****, i mean look at the head of it ranting and raving about ho w me need to dismantle the CIA... the man has no bearing on reality.. the CIA is not something you simply dismnatle... LOOK AT THE DHS that was one helluva cluster **** to set up and it still isnt up to par on alot of things..

Quick Reply: You know Kerry's stance now- Amazing process!!!!