Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Where's this Divided Country I keep hearing about?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Where's this Divided Country I keep hearing about?

It certainly isn't the U.S.A.:

http://alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/elect...s_uscounty.pdf

Name:  divided.bmp
Views: 68
Size:  200.1 KB

Oh I get it... the Democrats mention a “divide” when they really feel outnumbered and insignificant. If anything, there was more of a divide during the 2000 election and the ~500,000 vote difference, not 2004.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:35 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
That is a terribly telling map. Thank you.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Every spec of red or blue represents an area that is divided. Very few areas chose a candidate by an overwhelming majority. California as a state was only 55/45.
You can rest assured the country is divided.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
If americans are united in anything that map would imply stupidity.

-Chris
Old 11-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Salty
It certainly isn't the U.S.A.:

http://alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/elect...s_uscounty.pdf

Oh I get it... the Democrats mention a “divide” when they really feel outnumbered and insignificant. If anything, there was more of a divide during the 2000 election and the ~500,000 vote difference, not 2004.
Wow.... That's almost as telling as the IQ graph right?
Old 11-04-2004, 05:16 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Um, salty, that map doesn't mention population density does it? Because, man - nevada is big - and it takes up alot of space - and gosh darn if that aint a convincing visual, but there IS NOTHING IN NEVADA. More people live in the dumpster behind chuckee cheeze than live in 100 square mile regions of nevada and many of the great plain states. Without a nod to population density, this map aint worth a shizot and is just an excuse to you red bastards to gloat more than you already are.

Oh I get it... the Democrats mention a “divide” when they really feel outnumbered and insignificant.
Don't be a retard, I'd expect more out of you.

If americans are united in anything that map would imply stupidity.
LOL, it would appear so.

Last edited by constellation; 11-04-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
If anything, this is a more accurate map, thanks to GRADATION. Although its much more convincing when it looks like everyone in middle america agreed. You still have to take into account population density here....
Attached Thumbnails Where's this Divided Country I keep hearing about?-merka.jpg  
Old 11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by constellation
If anything, this is a more accurate map, thanks to GRADATION. Although its much more convincing when it looks like everyone in middle america agreed. You still have to take into account population density here....
You mean the truth is somewhere in the middle

huh.... something to think about
Old 11-04-2004, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by ericdared81
You mean the truth is somewhere in the middle

huh.... something to think about
too bad the Democratic party can't wrap their brains around that idea. This polarization of the country is bad for the country.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
too bad the Democratic party can't wrap their brains around that idea. This polarization of the country is bad for the country.
Yeah the polarization of this country is all the democratic parties fault...

Ok.........
Old 11-04-2004, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by ericdared81
Yeah the polarization of this country is all the democratic parties fault...

Ok.........
I don't think he was trying to say that... I think he was speaking as a democrat, wishing that his party could lose it's 'crazy liberal' image.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM

Its funny... it seems that the large metropolotan areas overwhelmingly voted for Kerry. Wouldn't they be the most 'at risk' of a terrorist attack? ...Shows you who people think would have been able to do a better job protecting America.

Maybe population density will rise enough in the next four years so that a democratic president can be elected.... This time around, the city-folk couldn't quite overcome the numbers in the bible belt and rural midwest.

Seriously now, do you think that, in general, people in less densely poulated areas are better informed than those in large cities? I realize there is an overall difference between the values held in these two different general areas, but I also believe that there is a greater wealth of knolwledge and differing viewpoints in more higly-populated areas. This, I believe allows people in areas of high pop. density to put more thought and consideration into their vote, in general.

Those people in the red areas must not discount the large number of people in the blue areas. People who live in large cities are confronted with worsening modern problems (such as pollution and poverty) and the need to push for progressive measures to comply and assist with the growth of cities. I'm not saying that the red areas have never heard of these things, I'm just saying people in rural areas are generally less aware, more isolated from the outside world, and problems like air pollution have not YET materialized- so what's the rush to change? Go ahead- drill for oil in the largest untouched refuge in the Americas, what do we care----> Cheeper gas fer my RIG!

Moving on, I still think If the Dems had a slightly more widely-appealing candidate, they would have won no problem.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 11-04-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
Moving on, I still think If the Dems had a slightly more widely-appealing candidate, they would have won no problem.
^^^^
I could'nt agree more with the above statement. Although you may be in for another upset in 2008.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by constellation
OoOOoOooo, pretty!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
OoOOoOooo, pretty!
Are you trying to marginalize the info this map depicts?

It seems to me that whenever a good counterpoint is made toward you, you seem to always avoid acknowledging that point by throwing out some unrelated, tounge-in-cheek response like the one above. They may seem harmless to you, but to others It's the equivalent of laughing at them. If you were moderate, as you claim to be, you should be able to see the other side. I guess you may to yourself- you certainly don't appear to in many cases. Or is it an ego thing where you can't publicly admit errors- in that case, I understand.

...Just look at the popular vote... Bush won by a WHOPPING 3%. The vote was divided nearly 50-50. I don't see how you can be serious when you say that you don't see the division in the country.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 11-04-2004 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Where's this Divided Country I keep hearing about?