Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

When China takes over, let the fight begin.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
When China takes over, let the fight begin.

I was listening to The Savage Nation yesterday on the drive home, and I thought one of his "Doomsday" scenarios was rather interesting. I only listened for a moment, so I only caught part of it. This was my understanding:

He proposed that China will continue to bleed the United States dry in the fashion it has been doing, until we (the U.S) is ultimately reliant upon imports and is financially controlled by other Nations (heck, I think we're already there). The supremacy of China isn't something that's even debated by most scholars, rather an inevitable future.

(If any of you don't buy the main underlying concept, do a little research on current efforts to turn Japan into a Military superpower- this time as our ally against China/ NK/ russia)

Once the U.S. has been weakend sufficiently, we will be broken by War or financial reasons. The U.S. will lose it's global grip on the world, being replace by China.

China versus Arab nations as a whole will be the main opponents at this point, with China turning to control the worlds oil. Additionally, I'm under the notion that communism and the muslim faith are mutually exclusive. That's where it would get ugly. China would not fight a PC war, and the Arabs would continue to hone their current geurilla tactics, in addition to having major WMD systems aqquired and developed over the years.

I don't doubt it could happen. If you told someone 50 years ago that most manufacturing would now come from overseas, they'd have thought you lost your mind. In that light, I wonder how things will be 50 years from now.

v v v Time to learn Mandarin! v v v

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-19-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm looking into this
Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I was listening to Michael Savage yesterday on the drive home,
Say no more.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Unfortunately he did... I think get dumber reading his posts

we (the U.S) is
Old 01-19-2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Say no more.
Hahahah agreed, but the truth does come from "strange" places.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by dub2w
It is evidenced by your grammar.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Just proving my point.

:banana:
Old 01-19-2005, 03:09 PM

dude... ALWAYS double check your own post when you point out a grammar error. Unless you were trying to prove your own point.

Doh! edit: not IBothers.

Last edited by Kevin M; 01-19-2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: refresh before reply!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Hahahah agreed, but the truth does come from "strange" places.
Truth != bull****.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM

^^ werd and werd.

Dumb is a Michael Savage clone. Now we know what happens to your brain when you have been spoon-fed a daily dose of bullsh!t
Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Oh, and as far as the main premise of this thread, not a chance. China depends on the United States and is inextricably linked to our economic stability. How could they stay atop the hegemonic heap if they dwindle us to nothing?

BTW, I hope you never shop at Walmart since you are standing on your anti-foreign soapbox.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Oh, and as far as the main premise of this thread, not a chance. China depends on the United States and is inextricably linked to our economic stability. How could they stay atop the hegemonic heap if they dwindle us to nothing?

BTW, I hope you never shop at Walmart since you are standing on your anti-foreign soapbox.
I'm not anti-foreign. Do you know how much everything we buy would cost if it weren't made overseas? I just bought a sweet dvd player for 59 bucks! Ever buy from harbor-freight? Most of the stuff is made in China. I bought a "USA Trailer" that was made in China =)... pretty good quality too.

Heck, Subaru's are one of the rare Japanese vehicles that aren't even manufactured here.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Im not trying to conintually harp on you, but if you are aware of the trend of reliance on foreign goods (esp. from China) and fear that China may one day usurp the U.S. as the reigning global power, why would you intentionally buy China made products?
Old 01-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 GGA
Heck, Subaru's are one of the rare Japanese vehicles that aren't even manufactured here.
I believe the Baja is made in Indiana.

Also, its "guerilla" not "gorilla" tactics unless, of course, the Arabs have been using apes somehow. Teehee.

Last edited by Clint Torres; 01-19-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:31 PM

Im not trying to conintually harp on you, but if you are aware of the trend of reliance on foreign goods (esp. from China) and fear that China may one day usurp the U.S. as the reigning global power, why would you intentionally buy China made products?
I, too, think it's inevitable. Most of the time I buy a product it's usually manufactured outside of the U.S., whether the parent company is U.S. based or not. While I would favor buying products manufactured in the U.S., I usually don't have a choice.

Going back to my decision to buy a trailer, I actually didn't know that it was a foreign product when I chose to buy it(the thing was called USA trailer or whatever). I was completely amazed that anyone could manufacture something like that for so cheap, and the quality was decent. I'd guess the equivalent product coming out of a U.S. plant would be 3-5x as much.

I honestly believe that the only way to see the factors of production move back to the U.S. would be if there were a World War, and I doubt it will happen right now.

Quick Reply: When China takes over, let the fight begin.