Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

What if it's all a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
What if it's all a mistake?

Read this stuff from a REPUBLICAN congressman from Texas, and share your thoughts....

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...5/cr012605.htm
Old 01-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Preaching to the choir. American boys should not be doing what Iraqi boys should be doing for themselves. Bring them all home.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:20 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Discrimination laws passed during the last 40 years ostensibly fuel the Transportation Secretary’s near obsession with avoiding the appearance of discrimination toward young Muslim males. Instead TSA seemingly targets white children and old women. We have failed to recognize that a safety policy by a private airline is quite a different thing from government agents blindly obeying anti-discrimination laws.

Governments do not have a right to use blanket discrimination, such as that which led to incarceration of Japanese Americans in World War II. However, local law-enforcement agencies should be able to target their searches if the description of a suspect is narrowed by sex, race, or religion.

What if democracy is deeply flawed, and instead we should be talking about liberty, property rights, free markets, the rule of law, localized government, weak centralized government, and self-determination promoted through persuasion, not force?
A-****ING-MEN!!

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 01-28-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Now this guy thinks clearly... quite refreshing.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:45 PM

"Transportation Secretary’s near obsession with avoiding the appearance of discrimination toward young Muslim males. Instead TSA seemingly targets white children and old women."

Thats funny because when I flew this Christmas break to denver, I got stopped to get checked coming back to Austin. In the line where some Muslim guys and two hippies and me. I didn't see the any white children or old women.

I didn't get a chance to read the full statement he made I'll ask my sister, who should know him, what she thinks of him before I read it all.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
What a load of Anti-American Bull ****

"What if" huh? It's worked so far. Don't hate the player, hate the game. America is #1 because we do it better than the rest. If we wern't on top, someone else would be. I enjoy my peace of mind and my life style. Something, many people around the world would love to see taken away. We're doing everything as well as it could be done.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
"What if" huh? It's worked so far. Don't hate the player, hate the game. America is #1 because we do it better than the rest. If we wern't on top, someone else would be. I enjoy my peace of mind and my life style. Something, many people around the world would love to see taken away. We're doing everything as well as it could be done.
Please explain to me how America is '#1', as you put it. We are the only remaining superpower, yes, but we haven't maintained that position without being informed and ready for hypothetical situations such as the ones listed in this article.

I think these questions need to be asked and people need to pay attention. All of these things are possible. We can't be too optimistic, or we will be caught off guard when one of these things becomes more plausible or even true.

think for yourself...
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
Please explain to me how America is '#1', as you put it. We are the only remaining superpower, yes, but we haven't maintained that position without being informed and ready for hypothetical situations such as the ones listed in this article.

I think these questions need to be asked and people need to pay attention. All of these things are possible. We can't be too optimistic, or we will be caught off guard when one of these things becomes more plausible or even true.

think for yourself...
You put it best....we are the only super power left. Simple as that. That makes us #1.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 AM

What happens when China becomes #1? What will you do then?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Oh how wonderful it is to hear Republican's start to doubt the war...

Chrisnonstop:
Seriously, you need to think for yourself and think of the conciquinces of what we are doing today. Think of how much more anti-american sentiment we have caused. Think of how many lives we have lost or ruined (BOTH american and Iraqi). Think of the aliances we have lost.

And then we have to think of what we have gained: Have we really gained more security? I wont go into that because that is the real contriversial question. Have we really eliminated our biggest threat? Have we slowed the spread of terrorism? Did we find WMD's?

This is what I belive Mr. Paul is discussing in this letter, and what I believe Democrats and Republican's alike are starting to realize: that this whole war might be a big mistake.

And, as Unregistered rightly points out: America's days as the #1 superpower are very limited, and China is not far off taking over. Weather we like it or not, sometime soon we are going to have to go along with what the world says because no longer will we be the biggest bully on the block.
CHeers
-Jeff
Old 01-30-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
You put it best....we are the only super power left. Simple as that. That makes us #1.
#1 military, yes. If you still think that the measure of a country is it's military, then you need to reconsider some things. It may have used to be this way when everone was trying to gain an empire, but the diplomacy and international trade neccessary in this modern world makes other things nearly as important. So military might is all that matters? The quality of life in other countries (heathcare, education, unemployment, etc) dwarfs that in the US.

It would be nice if military prowess translated to domestic, economic issues, but that isn't so. Vice-versa, however, is more than possible, so we shouldn'e be so sure of ourselves. Open your eyes.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 01-30-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Oaf
A-****ING-MEN!!
Absolutely!

I went to the tomb of the unknown soldier in 2002 in class A's, jump boots and a pretty maroon beret. I went because I wanted to see my friend conduct the ceremony and to attend his reenlistment ceremony at Ft. Meyer shortly after.

I did this while on leave and had a ticket to go back to CA shortly after. I was late for my plane after the ceremony and had no time to change. I rushed to DCA, checked my bags and actually made up tons of time to where I was comfortable.

I waited to board the plane for about 25minutes behind what seemed like taxi cab convention and actually got thoroughly searched. I had Documents, Military I.D., Passport, CA Drivers License, did not match any of the FBI's most wanted terrorists and was in dress uniform!!!!! Meanwhile Ali Bob and his 25 brothers got onto the plane like it was cool in our nations capital!

Completely Asinine!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:36 PM

"The quality of life in other countries (heathcare, education, unemployment, etc) dwarfs that in the US."

Which countries are you talking about exactly?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by FUNKED1
"The quality of life in other countries (heathcare, education, unemployment, etc) dwarfs that in the US."

Which countries are you talking about exactly?
You, sir, have a lot to learn. Are you also convinced America is #1?

I did a quick search, and found this:

http://www.mercerhr.com/pressrelease...ontent/1128760

So to answer your question, depending on what is most important to you, Canada, France, Switzerland, Austrailia, New Zealand, Denmark, Austria, ... any of these countries exemplify that America is NOT #1 in many areas. Okay, 'dwarfs' probably wasn't the correct term, but we are continuing to fall behind in many of these areas.

I begin we are reaching a time when we shouldn't be so self-assured, and our country should put effort toward competing in these areas, rather than continuing to exemplify we are '#1' militarily. If you think I'm being unamerican by pointing this out, well, then there's no helping you. You are still in denial, I've moved on to step two.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:18 PM

"Okay, 'dwarfs' probably wasn't the correct term..."

That's what I was getting at.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 01-30-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: What if it's all a mistake?