Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Well it's been released... Now what's the excuses... LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Well it's been released... Now what's the excuses... LOL

Well as most of you know part of the official report was released today...

Basically saying there is absolutely ZERO link between IRAQ and Al Qaeda, Al Zawhair had zero contact with them also. Meaning... In short it says what I have been saying for 3 years now, that we have absolutely NO justification for the war in Iraq.

so what's the excuse now? No WMD.....No links to 9/11... Not even links to terrorism... nothing

I found this in this article kinda funny, that americans are starting to wonder more and more what happened that day
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14723997/
A recent Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll of 1,010 Americans found that 36 percent suspect the U.S. government promoted the attacks or intentionally sat on its hands. Sixteen percent believe explosives brought down the towers. Twelve percent believe a cruise missile hit the Pentagon.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Damn beat me to it...

was going to make fun of the 43% or what ever it is now that said saddam = Alkeeda!

Senate reports say Saddam rejected cooperating with terrorists
By Warren P. Strobel and Margaret Talev
McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON - Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein rejected pleas for assistance from Osama bin Laden and tried to capture terrorist Abu Musab al Zarqawi when he was in Iraq, a Senate Intelligence Committee report released Friday found, casting further doubt on the Bush administration's rationale for invading Iraq.

President Bush and other administration officials repeatedly cited Saddam's alleged ties to radical Islamic terrorists before the March 2003 invasion as one reason to take military action against Iraq.

The 150-page report said the administration's claims were untrue. "Postwar findings indicate that Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaida and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaida to provide material or operational support," the report said.

The report was released along with a second one that said false information from the exile group Iraqi National Congress, led by Ahmad Chalabi, was widely distributed in prewar intelligence reports and used to support intelligence assessments about Iraq's weapons and links to terrorism. Intelligence officials repeatedly warned that the INC was unreliable, but White House and Pentagon officials ignored the warnings.

The reports are part of a five-report study that the Senate Intelligence Committee has undertaken into the Bush administration's use of intelligence before the invasion of Iraq.

The study has left the committee badly divided. Three reports remain classified, including one comparing prewar statements by Bush administration officials to intelligence available at the time. Democrats have accused Republicans of delaying the reports until after the November congressional elections.

On Friday, Democrats charged that the reports showed that the White House had manipulated intelligence to make the case for war to the American people.

"The administration ignored warnings prior to the war about the veracity of the intelligence it trumpeted publicly to support its case that Iraq was an imminent threat to the security of the United States," said panel Vice Chairman Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va.

Republicans rejected that allegation and said the reports added little to what was already known.

"The long-known fact is that the prewar intelligence was wrong. That flawed intelligence was used by policymakers, both in the administration and in Congress, as one of numerous justifications to go to war in Iraq," said committee chairman Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan.

In the run-up to the war, Bush and his advisers repeatedly sought to link Saddam and al-Qaida, stopping just short of accusing the Iraqi leader of a role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

"You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror," Bush said on Sept. 25, 2002.

On the same day, Condoleezza Rice, then the White House national security adviser, said, "High-ranking detainees have said that Iraq provided some training to al-Qaida in chemical weapons development."

The detainee Rice referred to was al-Qaida operative Ibn al Shaykh al Libi, who was captured in Pakistan in November 2001 and, U.S. intelligence officials said, tortured by Egyptian authorities after his transfer to that country.

The Senate report says that in February 2002, months before Rice spoke, the Defense Intelligence Agency reported that al Libi "was likely intentionally misleading his briefers."

Postwar information on Saddam's relations with Islamic extremists came from numerous sources, the report suggests, including seized documents and interrogations of Saddam himself, former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz and a senior Iraqi spy, Faruq Hijazi.

The report, quoting from an FBI debriefing of Hijazi, said that when an Iraqi operative met bin Laden in Sudan in 1995, bin Laden asked that Saddam allow him to open an office in Iraq, give him Chinese-made sea mines and military training, and broadcast his speeches.

"According to Hijazi, Saddam immediately refused," the FBI debriefing said.

Regarding Zarqawi, the Senate report cites information that's surfaced since the war indicating that Saddam "attempted, unsuccessfully, to locate and capture" him and the Iraqi regime "did not have a relationship with, harbor, or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi."

Zarqawi, who operated from a part of northern Iraq that Saddam didn't control, was a key part of Bush's case for war. After the invasion, he became the head of the group al Qaida in Iraq. U.S. bombs killed him in June.

The second report released Friday confirms that the INC had "an aggressive `publicity campaign' prior to the war to bring defectors to the attention of `anyone who would listen.'"

While many committee Republicans dismissed the INC report's conclusions as unsupported by the facts, two of them, Sens. Olympia Snowe of Maine and Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, voted for harsher language that Democrats proposed.

The report, which ran 211 pages, disclosed that three months after the White House approved continued funding for the INC's intelligence collection in July 2002, the Defense Intelligence Agency warned that the group "was penetrated by hostile intelligence services," including Iran's. It's unclear whether top White House officials were aware of the warning.

The report also confirms a report by McClatchy Newspapers that former CIA director R. James Woolsey helped get an INC defector attention from the U.S. government by referring him to Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Linton Wells.

The defector, Adnan Ihsan Saeed al Haideri, suggested that he had knowledge of dozens of sites related to weapons of mass destruction, but none of them were ever found, and Haideri, taken to Iraq in early 2004, couldn't identify the facilities that he claimed he knew about.

McClatchy Newspapers correspondents Matt Stearns and John Walcott contributed to this article.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Troll

threads been up almost 5 hours and not a single post... LOL

I'd be embarassed to be a bush supporter/supporter of the war in iraq too at this point
Old 09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I'd like to chime in so everyone's clear about my stance.....

I never cared.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Angry

The sad part is, I was convinced that after Vietnam we had learned our lesson and would never begin a war that cannot be won. BOY was I wrong. So what did so many of my peers die for? To just wait foe another idiot (Bush) to send their kids to war?

Bring the boys and girls home... or at least ship the back to Afghanistan where they belonged. We seem to still be missing the man responsible for 911... or has ALL of America missed this fact???

53 and I remember Vietnam like it was yesterday, AMERICA WAKE THE F' UP! How many young bodies are we gonna fly home before we all puke?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Written by Joe Galloway, co-author of 'We Were Soldiers Once, and Young"
http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwash...y/15453716.htm
Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

damn good article if you ask me
Old 09-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
damn good article if you ask me

haven't had a time to read it all yet, looks interesting in good... I'll have to read it tomorrow... I posted your post(#2 on this thread) in another forum, and here was one brilliant response...

What say you go create another award winning web forum like you did with www.lookingforpower.net and you can call this one www.leftwingdip****sgalore.org

John nobody cares about you, your 11.7 second Subaru, your left wing bull**** theories and your endless bull**** posts about anything and everything. Take your own advise and GTFO.
I directly copy and pasted what you said from the news article... LOL apparently the Senate, who is mostly republican has "bull**** leftwing views" LOL

Last edited by GT35 STI; 09-09-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Basically saying there is absolutely ZERO link between IRAQ and Al Qaeda, Al Zawhair had zero contact with them also. Meaning... In short it says what I have been saying for 3 years now, that we have absolutely NO justification for the war in Iraq.

so what's the excuse now? No WMD.....No links to 9/11... Not even links to terrorism... nothing
We originally went into Iraq thinking there were WMD's (justification). But, OMFG, ***NEWSFLASH*** This was no a recent idea. Many people have believed this to be true, LONG before Bush was in Office. We never said Iraq was linked to 9/11, not as far as I remember. If I'm wrong, show me something.

Like most people used to believe, we went there for oil. If you still believe this, I laugh at you.

Apparently this has not become as clear to the close-minded liberals as I thought. But we're now pretty much in Iraq so that we have a good solid base, so to speak, RIGHT next door to a REAL potential enemy. Iran.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by jvick125
We originally went into Iraq thinking there were WMD's (justification). But, OMFG, ***NEWSFLASH*** This was no a recent idea. Many people have believed this to be true, LONG before Bush was in Office. We never said Iraq was linked to 9/11, not as far as I remember. If I'm wrong, show me something.

Like most people used to believe, we went there for oil. If you still believe this, I laugh at you.

Apparently this has not become as clear to the close-minded liberals as I thought. But we're now pretty much in Iraq so that we have a good solid base, so to speak, RIGHT next door to a REAL potential enemy. Iran.

Bush was told there was no weapons of mass destruction nor proof there was any form of them there..

If you don't think the Bush Administration has never tried to link 9/11 with Iraq... then your head is up your *** LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Y12O_KpWto

2 seconds searching on you tube
Old 09-09-2006, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
threads been up almost 5 hours and not a single post... LOL

I'd be embarassed to be a bush supporter/supporter of the war in iraq too at this point
Probably because everyone already knew this was the way it would come out....
Old 09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
People from Washington reiterate their views once again and it's breaking news? Although there's no question any possibility of a link between Saddam and Al Qaeda is very weak, there's really no way a bunch of suits in D.C. could ever be 100% right on this matter just like nobody knows if Saddam had WMDs around the time of invasion.

So our Bush-intelligence around 2003 and prior is full of holes but the intelligence of 2006 from a bunch of people that now have crystal ***** on what may have taken place in a distant land where their only eyes are a satellite in space and a few voices and shreds of evidence here and there is rock-solid? It’ll never make sense to me and I'm all for the truth in this case.

Heck, I even have pictures and stories from those that have been to camps in Iraq that aren’t on any maps... most of which are on the borders. Does this prove anything? No, but again, I don’t think the link can ever be entirely dismissed. For most conservatives the idea that there was a link was never as significant as the opportunity to get rid of Saddam or the idea around WMDs.

Last edited by Salty; 09-09-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
All I know is that we will never really know what goes on in the government 100% and no matter how hard we try or how many news channels put out the info, there will always be some on one side and some on the other side.

September 11, 2001 was a horrible day, no matter what really happened. If this was some kind of ploy to allow us to get into Iraq to be able to keep tabs on Iran, maybe its not such a bad thing. Maybe it will bite us in the ***. No matter what happens, its already happened and we cant change it now.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
People from Washington reiterate their views once again and it's breaking news? Although there's no question any possibility of a link between Saddam and Al Qaeda is very weak, there's really no way a bunch of suits in D.C. could ever be 100% right on this matter just like nobody knows if Saddam had WMDs around the time of invasion.

So our Bush-intelligence around 2003 and prior is full of holes but the intelligence of 2006 from a bunch of people that now have crystal ***** on what may have taken place in a distant land where their only eyes are a satellite in space and a few voices and shreds of evidence here and there is rock-solid? It’ll never make sense to me and I'm all for the truth in this case.

Heck, I even have pictures and stories from those that have been to camps in Iraq that aren’t on any maps... most of which are on the borders. Does this prove anything? No, but again, I don’t think the link can ever be entirely dismissed. For most conservatives the idea that there was a link was never as significant as the opportunity to get rid of Saddam or the idea around WMDs.

Its not weak.. it didnt exist.. it was based off of testimony and information gained from a DRUNKARD former iraqi military offical code named "curve ball" (like the name didnt give it away)...

From what i have seen/heard/read the IC (intel community) was aware that dude was sketchy as ****.. but the OSP took his testimony and removed the IC's assesmeent of his douchery and presented it as the word of god...

Again... OSP (set up by rummie) is to blame and those who are responsible for setting up and cementing OSP's power of the flow of intel to senior administration officals. It was a proxy to filter, protect, and skew information from view of administration officals.

that is just my uneducated take on it.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Its not weak.. it didnt exist...

beat me to it... I was gunna say... Apparently they need to reiterate them again, because it's still not going through lol

Quick Reply: Well it's been released... Now what's the excuses... LOL