Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

War Supporters Follow Anti-War Rallies

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Oh, and if you think you would have any chance at 'converting' me over the phone, then why haven't you tried to do so with intelligently constructed written arguments? Or would you have O'Reilly me into it by interrupting me every second and yelling down my throat?

...I know - that was somewhat unconstructive... but it makes a small, unrelated point, which I will refuse to expand upon for obvious reasons.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Yes, I do understand that as a service member I do, in some form, represent the decisions of our ultimate leaders (congressman, local officials, the President) and this is what I used to try and formulate a reason why he would feel such malice towards me. I never expected even a majority to support my decision to join the service or the endeavors I make while in the service. I didn't sign up to get patted on the back because being from a military family, I know this doesn't happen. It is just upsetting because this person was too close-minded to realize what the situation would be like had I and the thousands like me not been there at all. It is also a little disturbing in the fact that he surely can not think that I am the sole reason things happened the way they did yet he still insisted on showing complete disrespect and a total lack of appreciation.
So why take it to heart? If you've got the ***** for combat (I do respect and envy this), you should have the emotional ***** to sluff this crap off. That is, unless you feel deep down that there is a reason for him to be showing such disrespect and lack of appreciation of your efforts- which- trust me, you're 100% right, there is not.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:09 AM

Understanding and respect for a position does not require agreement whatsoever. Keep this in mind.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
So why take it to heart? If you've got the ***** for combat (I do respect and envy this), you should have the emotional ***** to sluff this crap off. That is, unless you feel deep down that there is a reason for him to be showing such disrespect and lack of appreciation of your efforts- which- trust me, you're 100% right, there is not.

I'm sure you know physical things are often much easier than mental things. Ask anyone who has been in tough training or even rough times in life. Ruck runs, gas chambers and front, back, gos were easy for me. It was the mind things that really challenged me. I love food so if there was ever a time I wanted to quit it was seeing the OCS guys jump in their cars to go to Ranger Burger. The same applies here. It's not so much a soldier has ***** for combat as that it's something he's willing to endure for the sake of his fellow soldiers. The brotherhood that exists between soldiers is what forces them on in many ways. An individual will quit much sooner but if he knows that his quitting will affect another peer he'll drive on. It just struck me at a bad time. I'd been surrounded by depression and devestation for more than a week working my *** off and that was how I was thanked. In retrospect I couldn't give a **** less about his ignorant, uninformed opinion.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
this thread roxz0r

btw STI... did you hear the guy who told Cheney to f off? That would have been grand
Old 09-27-2005, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by dub2w
this thread roxz0r

btw STI... did you hear the guy who told Cheney to f off? That would have been grand
Ummm. I'm not sure what you speak of but I'm sure we'd all like to hear it. Do tell.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...at one point someone yelled somthing like 'f*** Cheney' during one of his televised speeches from somewhere in the hurricane torn region...'

Edit: Lojasmo has the pertinant info...

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-27-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Ummm. I'm not sure what you speak of but I'm sure we'd all like to hear it. Do tell.
An emergency medicine physician from NOLA. The exact quote was "go f*** yourself, Mr. Cheney"

Just like what Cheney said to Leahy on the senate floor.

http://streaming-west.americanprogre...005/cheney.mov

Streaming video. NSFW language.

Last edited by lojasmo; 09-27-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
too bad the guy didn't use his man voice. What a f'n pansy *** sounding beotch
Old 10-07-2005, 02:45 PM

Old 10-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I understand that cartoon from the many discussions we've had here, but I was pretty sure all the conservatives here have voiced the opinion that peace IS a good thing.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by svxr8dr

hah - Yep, everyone who disagrees with our methods are pacifist pussies who know nothing about war and what is effective.

Since our enemies our unconventional, perhaps we should resort to alternate methods to combat them. I'm not saying a picket sign with a peace symbol will protect you from Machmud and his explosive belt, but, in the long run, it may be more effective than any firearm or weapon may be. After all, you can't pull a trigger with a hand that has been obliterated with the rest of your body. And who would you shoot, anyway? The perpetrator is dead already.

This cartoon does nothing to assist the situation, and it only further widens the gap between ideologies in this country by depicting a mutual misunderstanding between the two sides. In reality, I'd bet more war supporters can appreciate the value and effectiveness of a psychological war just as anti-war advocates can see the necessity for a physical presence and show of force. If we could only work together, perhaps we could be getting things done more efficiently- meaning more quickly, more permenant, and with less drawbacks such as civilian and troop casualties.

But we all know that will never happen.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
I understand that cartoon from the many discussions we've had here, but I was pretty sure all the conservatives here have voiced the opinion that peace IS a good thing.
Agreed, I would say we just differ on the path to get there.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
MILITARY FUNERAL DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Iowa has passed an Act relating to committing disorderly conduct near a military funeral, memorial service, funeral procession, or burial, and providing penalties. Specifically it states a person shall not do any of the following within 300 feet of the building or other location where a military funeral or memorial service is being conducted, or within 300 feet of a military funeral procession or burial:
a.) Make loud and raucous noise which causes unreasonable distress to the persons attending the funeral or memorial service, or participating in the funeral procession.
b.) Direct abusive epithets or make any threatening gesture which the person knows or reasonably should know is likely to provoke a violent reaction by another.
c.) Disturb or disrupt the funeral, memorial service, funeral procession, or burial by conduct intended to disturb or disrupt the funeral, memorial service, funeral procession, or burial.

A person who commits a violation of above within 30 minutes preceding, during, and within 30 minutes after a military funeral, memorial service, funeral procession, or burial is subject to:
a.) A simple misdemeanor for a first offense which is punishable by confinement for no
more than 30 days or a fine of at least $50 but not more than $500 or by both.
b.) A serious misdemeanor for a second offense which is punishable by confinement for no more than one year and a fine of at least $250 but not more than $1,500.
c.) A class "D" felony for a third or subsequent offense which is punishable by confinement for no more than five years and a fine of at least $750 but not more than $7,500.

Nebraska, Kentucky, Indiana and Missouri have passed similar bills in their house, but approval is waiting for their senate's action. That leaves 45 states lacking in similar legislation.
http://post_119_gulfport_ms.tripod.com/rao1.html - you may have to look around.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:26 PM

I can agree with that.

Quick Reply: War Supporters Follow Anti-War Rallies