Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Vet's Patriotic Stickers Under Fire

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Vet's Patriotic Stickers Under Fire

Vet's Patriotic Stickers
Under Fire

Wow...every one of the board members needs to be tarred & feathered.

DALLAS - Frank Larison is a disabled veteran with more than 14 years of service, including more than a year of combat duty in Vietnam.

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
wtf..

they needs to get their heads out of their *** and think... for once, please
Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Let me get this out of the way: HOAs are mini fascist regimes, and I detest them with every fiber of my being. I in no way agree with this.

However, this guy agreed to abide by the rules set by the HOA when he chose to live where he does. Maybe he'll read the fine print more carefully in the future.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
HOA are all full of ****.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
HOA=Sububan mafia...
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Let me get this out of the way: HOAs are mini fascist regimes, and I detest them with every fiber of my being. I in no way agree with this.

However, this guy agreed to abide by the rules set by the HOA when he chose to live where he does. Maybe he'll read the fine print more carefully in the future.
I agree, but without reading the HOA regulations, I can't comment.

The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.

One board member said he was unaware the HOA presidents sent the letter and did not know of any issue with Larimore's vehicle.

"I will be looking into it," said board member Art Bradford. "I didn't know anything about this. I haven't seen this."

The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:05 AM

Yeah, I sorta figured that's what was going on. HOAs are generally a fancy name for a gaggle of retards that have poor communication, power plays and the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. The letter was probably not approved by the board, but written out by a single member who has a grudge.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Like Paul said, without reading the HOA contract, it's hard to comment. The article says they don't allow "advertisements," but since when have you been able to rely on the news for correct details? Also, we'd need to know their definition of advertisements.

If the stickers do fall within the scope of the regulations, then they gotta go, patriotic or not (as well as the other political ones if they fall within the scope of the regulations).
Old 05-30-2009, 09:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Yeah, I sorta figured that's what was going on. HOAs are generally a fancy name for a gaggle of retards that have poor communication, power plays and the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. The letter was probably not approved by the board, but written out by a single member who has a grudge.
I live near a large HOA...Auburn Lake Trails... with real security guards, speed limits that are enforced, etc.

A resident had a truck load of firewood delivered to her house in July/August.
The truck dropped it off ~noon.
Her plan was to move the firewood from the front to the rear of her house that evening, when the temperature dropped.

Security Forces drove by & cited her for making a mess.
She appealed to the board.
She lost.
She got a lawyer.
She now lives debt free.

All over a $25 citation.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Car Info: nothing
wow....... the whole banning of stickers is retarded anyways
Old 05-30-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
wow....... the whole banning of stickers is retarded anyways
I can understand them not wanting you to put stickers directly on your property, but if one of those dandies tried telling me that I couldn't do what I want to a vehicle that I own, I'd have them write their statement down on paper, wrap it around a *****, and then have them shove it up their ***.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I live near a large HOA...Auburn Lake Trails... with real security guards, speed limits that are enforced, etc.

A resident had a truck load of firewood delivered to her house in July/August.
The truck dropped it off ~noon.
Her plan was to move the firewood from the front to the rear of her house that evening, when the temperature dropped.

Security Forces drove by & cited her for making a mess.
She appealed to the board.
She lost.
She got a lawyer.
She now lives debt free.

All over a $25 citation.
Sounds like typical HOA behavior to me. For the past almost 15 years my mom's life has been a living hell because of her HOA. She lives in a house where the back half sits on a lagoon, and the HOA approved an illegal extension of her neighbor's deck that basically allows anyone on that deck to look directly into my mom's house. The neighbor at the time was a board member of the HOA, naturally.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Control freaks.

What you gain in a clean and quiet neighborhood, you loose in neurotic neighbors who like to play politics with your way of life.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM

Car Info: STi 07
HOA sucks, they collect money and dont do squat
Old 05-31-2009, 12:30 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
on the trunk of every single car is an advertisement.

the emblem.

maybe all the cars in that complex should get towed at their expense.

Quick Reply: Vet's Patriotic Stickers Under Fire