Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Uh, sovernty...sovern...er.....

Old 08-09-2004, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Uh, sovernty...sovern...er.....

sorry, this is funny.

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/w...overeignty.mp3
Old 08-10-2004, 09:00 AM

Bump!
Old 08-10-2004, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Congratulations, you spelled "sovernty" wrong... the correct spelling is "sovereignty" so you've lost all credibility with posting this video.

The first question the person asked was pretty damn weak based on the sheer definition of sovereignty.

He asked "What do you think tribal sovereignty means in the twenty-first century?"

I'd like to think it means the very same thing it did during the twentieth century and every century before that, don't you? Bush's answer wasn't bad on that initial question because the tribes will still be free of external and government control.

The person should have asked a question based on specifics of tribal sovereignty instead of being so vague. Everyone that laughed at Bush for his first answer is dumber for doing so IMHO.

The second question the person asks is "How do we resolve conflicts between tribes and the federal (didn't catch the rest because Bush cut him off)"

Although I don't agree with Bush's answer because he got tongue twisted, I still think he took the "safe answer" based on the kid's lack of specifics. Sovereignty still means government free from external control and power to do everything in a state without accountability. Therefore, the tribes are in a sovereign state of immunity, right?

Same thing applies here... the kid should have created a hypothetical conflict for a more focused answer.

Even though I don't particularly care for Bush or his inability to speak publicly, I think it's extremely weak and petty to attack a man based on articulacy (or lack thereof). One of the smartest men I’ve had the privilege of working with had the worst speech impediment I’ve ever witnessed so say what you will…
Old 08-10-2004, 11:37 AM

Congratulations, you spelled "sovernty" wrong... the correct spelling is "sovereignty" so you've lost all credibility with posting this video.
I spelled it wrong on purpose you ***, lol - thats the joke - and its not a video, its a sound file.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
and there is a BIG difference between a speech impediment and our president's inability to think
Old 08-10-2004, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
lmao... that is pretty funny. admit it salty dog
Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 AM

Even though I don't particularly care for Bush or his inability to speak publicly, I think it's extremely weak and petty to attack a man based on articulacy (or lack thereof).
I would agree here too, except HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATION ON EARTH. Not only is he supposed to make the big descisions, but he is also supposed to be the figurehead that represents our nation and its people.
And didn't you just try an nullify my argument because you thought i spelled "sovereignity" wrong? How does that work?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
I spelled it wrong on purpose you ***, lol - thats the joke - and its not a video, its a sound file.

Ahhh, the joy of not being able to see body language and hear sarcasm over the internet.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:07 PM

Ahhh, the joy of not being able to see body language and hear sarcasm over the internet.
That's your rebuttal? C'mon Salty, don't take the high road - lets get dirty! lol
Old 08-10-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
That's your rebuttal? C'mon Salty, don't take the high road - lets get dirty! lol
I agree with you based on the fact our President should be a great public speaker with the ability to give awe inspiring speeches.

I don't think it's a valid premise to argue when there's a hundred other issues to argue, that's all. Funny video clip nonetheless...

Search this Thread