Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Troops in survey back Bush 4-to-1 over Kerry

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Troops in survey back Bush 4-to-1 over Kerry

Seems Bush will get the majority vote of those from those that vote in uniform.

They've had a pay raise every year since Bush took office. I believe they feel Kerry will hang them out to dry if he's elected.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...h-troops_x.htm

In the survey of more than 4,000 full-time and part-time troops, 73% said they would vote for Bush if the election were held today; 18% said they would vote for Kerry. Of the respondents, 59% identified themselves as Republicans, 20% as independents and 13% as Democrats.
Here's the recent polls from 31,000 servicemen and women from the Military Times media group. I pulled this off the actual paper and am looking for a URL source. All 31,000 service members represent all branches, active, guard and reserve. Here are the results of that survey.

Originally Posted by Military Times Media Group

If the presidential election were held today, for whom would you vote?

Active
Bush - 72%
Kerry - 17%

Guard and Reserve
Bush - 73%
Kerry - 18%

Do you approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq?

Active
Approve - 60%
Disapprove - 23%

Guard and Reserve
Approve - 63%
Disapprove - 25%

In making your decision about voting for president, how important is the military service record of the candidates?

Active
Very/Somewhat important - 59%
Very/Somewhat unimportant - 29%

Guard and Reserve
Very/Somewhat important - 70%
Very/Somewhat unimportant - 21%

Do George W. Bush's actions while in the National Guard make you more or less likely to vote for him

Active
Not Much Affect - 73%
Less Likely - 12%
More Likey - 6%

Guard and Reserve
Not Much Affect - 68%
More Likely - 10%

Does John Kerry's combat experience in the Vietnam War make you more or less likely to vote for him?

Active
Not Much Affect - 58%
Less Likely - 21%
More Likely - 12%

Guard and Reserve
Not Much Affect - 53%
Less Likely - 26%
More Likely - 15%

Do John Kerry's anti-war activities after he returned from serving in the Vietnam War make you more or less likely to vote for him?

Active
Less Likely - 65%
Not Much Affect - 24%
More Likely - 7%

Guard and Reserve
Less Likely - 67%
Not Much Affect - 20%
More Likely - 9%
I found it interesting that National Guard numbers more strongly favored Bush than the Active Duty even after the Kerry and Edwards said Bush is using the Guard as a "backdoor" draft.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:17 PM

Of the respondents, 59% identified themselves as Republicans, 20% as independents and 13% as Democrats.

The army has always been Republican based for the most part though so I'm not suprised about this.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Of the respondents, 59% identified themselves as Republicans, 20% as independents and 13% as Democrats.

The army has always been Republican based for the most part though so I'm not suprised about this.
Right... just posted this in light of seeing blogs from the minority of servicemen that dislike Bush, articles about National Guards Men not reading what they signed -and- other conscientious objectors with sand in their *****.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline

Neither am I. Also, we are in a time of conflict and these men are trained (wanted to say brainwashed, but that is a tad too harsh) to support their commander in chief no matter what.

-Chris
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Also, we are in a time of conflict and these men are trained (wanted to say brainwashed, but that is a tad too harsh) to support their commander in chief no matter what.

-Chris
Time and conflict have nothing to following orders in the chain of command!

Do you think I asked my Squad Leader if he was a Democrat -or- Republican before getting the pissed smoked out of me as a Private? Hell no. You're an impartial chess piece and the whole world is the game board regardless of political stance. Same thing held true when Clinton was in charge of the chess pieces…

Brainwashing only happens in boot camp and I NEVER even had a political thought cross my mind. I was far more concerned about those extremely mean individuals wearing the campaign hats.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
So people in the military are voting for a Republican ticket?

This is a superfluous thread at best
Old 10-06-2004, 12:59 PM

Its about the whole support your leader thing. Your telling me you questioned your commander? No, it just doesn't happen. And special forces ARE brainwashed, and also most people in the army are religious.

Shrug, I see what Salty was pointing out though.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Its about the whole support your leader thing. Your telling me you questioned your commander? No, it just doesn't happen.
You can question your commander's intent till the sun rises but that still doesn't change the fact you have orders!

And special forces ARE brainwashed, and also most people in the army are religious.
Way to categorize the military you obviously have zero grasp on, Unregistered... Special Forces are above the conventional Army. They are the most highly trained and laid back individuals I have known and worked with. If anything, younger "line-soldiers" are the ones with putty-like brains.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:34 PM

BS, I grew up around one. And he was the most ****ed up individual I have ever met. He is in the rangers. And I'm not categorizing im going off MY experiences, and the stories HE told me. They can be laid back as hell but they have HUGE issues. Sit one down for a extend conversation and talk to him about a subject he doesn't like and push him on it. See how long he is that "laid" back individual. They are not people to **** with and they are brainwashed constantly in their training, **** the Army is involved in almost every aspect of their lives.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 PM

BS, I grew up around one. And he was the most ****ed up individual I have ever met. He is in the rangers. And I'm not categorizing im going off MY experiences, and the stories HE told me. They can be laid back as hell but they have HUGE issues. Sit one down for a extend conversation and talk to him about a subject he doesn't like and push him on it. See how long he is that "laid" back individual. They are not people to **** with and they are brainwashed constantly in their training, **** the Army is involved in almost every aspect of their lives.
So the guy is brainwashed because he gets mad about things he doesn't like??? Could it be he just gets pissed off easily?

Also, does the fact that sometimes army life is stressful mean they're all "brainwashed" to vote republican???

Not sure I get this. What one guy tells you about the army plus your experience makes two. Not much better than one here.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Right... all Black people are thieves too, right? The ignorance is strong in your post…

So who are people going to believe on this one?

Me who just so happened to be in 2 SOF LRS units, who's attended a few schools with Special Forces individuals and worked directly with them -or- a experience you had with a friend of yours?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 PM

How many have you met? Their is a difference between getting mad and getting crazy. I have seen this guy do some crazy ****. Besides the fact that he abused his wife. And the reason I put them all in a group is because he went out and did stuff with his group. And he wasn't just a "friend" he was part of my family. Like I have stated before I grew up in the Army. I know what the wife and her family went through to get him to stop and what the other rangers did. Anyways this is a bit personal. But like I stated this is MY experience with the Rangers. And hence I conclude that they are ****ed up based on what I dealt with for several years.

Oh and do you know the video training they go through? And how they treat other rangers? What they all do together? And you worked with them. Did you have personal relationships with them besides work?

"Also, does the fact that sometimes army life is stressful mean they're all "brainwashed" to vote republican???" I never stated that being brainwashed made them vote republican where do you see me state that. I just said they are the most brainwashed individuals in the force. And this was not just "sometimes".
Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

How many have you met? Their is a difference between getting mad and getting crazy. I have seen this guy do some crazy ****. Besides the fact that he abused his wife. And the reason I put them all in a group is because he went out and did stuff with his group. And he wasn't just a "friend" he was part of my family. Like I have stated before I grew up in the Army. I know what the wife and her family went through to get him to stop and what the other rangers did. Anyways this is a bit personal. But like I stated this is MY experience with the Rangers. And hence I conclude that they are ****ed up based on what I dealt with for several years.
How many have I met? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Let's do a little homework on LRS: http://www.specwarnet.com/americas/lrsu.htm

You obviously have a personal connection with this guy... PM his name please and i'll verify he was a Ranger.

Oh and do you know the video training they go through? And how they treat other rangers? What they all do together? And you worked with them. Did you have personal relationships with them besides work?
OMG you watched a Training video!!!111!1!!one!!!

I went through what you watched on that video you stupid ****!

They were my brothers whom I had personal relationships with and my battle buddy in uniform.

Are you honestly this stupid?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:45 PM

Since when are Rangers SF?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FUNKED1
Since when are Rangers SF?
They're SOF but not SF... Both are under USASOCOM

Who cares at this point really? Unregistered has already proven his ignorance.

Quick Reply: Troops in survey back Bush 4-to-1 over Kerry