Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Thousands of Iranians Protest U.S. Actions in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Thousands of Iranians Protest U.S. Actions in Iraq

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ran_protest_dc

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Thousands of Iranians marched through the streets of Tehran on Friday to protest U.S. military actions in Iraq after a senior hardline cleric praised the resistance of Shi'ite Muslim rebels in Najaf.

Chanting "Death to America" and burning U.S. flags, the protesters flooded streets in central Tehran carrying banners proclaiming: "Death to the occupiers" and "American democracy = massacre of innocent people." Similar state-sponsored rallies were planned across the country.

Here's what I have a hard time understanding...

"I must appreciate those who are resisting around the holy shrine (of Imam Ali in Najaf) against the bloodthirsty wolves," he said.
Why are we considered the "bloodthirsty wolves" when Muqtada al-Sadr's (and his militia) vowed to spill every drop of their blood in Iraq? This was after U.S. forces presented a peaceful ultimatum to him numerous times. Hell, we're feeling so bad for them that we're encouraging negotiations as I type this sentence… yet we’re the “bloodthirsty” ones?!

"America attacked Iraq and looted the country and now the Iraqis want to defend their rights," he said. "The Americans call them terrorists, but the Iraqi people are not terrorists, they (the Americans) are the real terrorists."
When did we ever call the Iraqi people terrorists?