Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

South Korean Main Battle Tank Experimental [vid]

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
South Korean Main Battle Tank Experimental [vid]

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44d_1175587165
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
It doubles as a submarine! What's not to like!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Don't tell me the U.S./mexican influence didn't play a part in that posture control! That's freaking awesome!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Don't tell me the U.S./mexican influence didn't play a part in that posture control! That's freaking awesome!
Bill O'reilly?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Great piece of machinery but tomorrows wars (as well as todays) are fought with small, very surgical units. They'll make great targets though for who ever they go to war with.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Great piece of machinery but tomorrows wars (as well as todays) are fought with small, very surgical units. They'll make great targets though for who ever they go to war with.
This is based on the assumption that nation-states will no longer wage war on each other, which is not likely, but certainly possible.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
China's major military problem are basic and joint logistics and reverse engineering for technological advancement. They have to hire outside help from scientists for peanuts. Thankfully S. Korea has us to help them with this.

I want to see the “immediate fire test” after the river test.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Bill O'reilly?
Mental picture: 64 impala with hydraulics
Old 04-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
This is based on the assumption that nation-states will no longer wage war on each other, which is not likely, but certainly possible.

No it isn't. You know how much use M1A1s in Iraq get??? Not much. There applications are limited in todays fight. For us they're limited because the lack of mobility (i.e. due to speed and physical limitations of where they operate) and also because of ROE. Firing HEAT rounds into a house full of civilians even with one insurgent isn't exactly a way to win over the neighborhood. Secondly, they're easy targets for insurgents. Knocking a track off a tank isn't to hard to do especially with an IED and it creates huge logistical problems. What was one tank crew could take a whole company to recover when you consider security, recovery team, etc... They'd have been better off saving the money to train excellent infantrymen and SF type soldiers.........then again maybe I'm just a little bias.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:57 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
Samsung or LG ?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
pretty cool, but during that underwater test...
doesn't that little guy standing on top of the "tower" pose
a nice little sniper target? Then where would they be?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
No it isn't. You know how much use M1A1s in Iraq get??? Not much. There applications are limited in todays fight. For us they're limited because the lack of mobility (i.e. due to speed and physical limitations of where they operate) and also because of ROE. Firing HEAT rounds into a house full of civilians even with one insurgent isn't exactly a way to win over the neighborhood. Secondly, they're easy targets for insurgents. Knocking a track off a tank isn't to hard to do especially with an IED and it creates huge logistical problems. What was one tank crew could take a whole company to recover when you consider security, recovery team, etc... They'd have been better off saving the money to train excellent infantrymen and SF type soldiers.........then again maybe I'm just a little bias.
You didn't comprehend a word I wrote. The next time two NATION-STATES go to war, there will be tank battles. Your statment that tanks are useless and will phase out requires a world where all wars are fought exclusively between large-scale militaries (the USA) and people who don't like us much, but are not governments (Al-Qaeda etc.). If Dubya had the time to invade Iran, you can bet your *** there'd be a desert full of burned-out Iranian tanks 72 hours after we kicked off the ground phase.

As for bias... I was a tank mechanic. So don't start telling me about the logistics of recovering a disabled tank and it's crew...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by pwnx0rz
Samsung or LG ?
You mean Hyundai or Kia?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
man, posture control = switches for 3 wheel motion!

Soo cool
Old 04-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
You didn't comprehend a word I wrote. The next time two NATION-STATES go to war, there will be tank battles. Your statment that tanks are useless and will phase out requires a world where all wars are fought exclusively between large-scale militaries (the USA) and people who don't like us much, but are not governments (Al-Qaeda etc.). If Dubya had the time to invade Iran, you can bet your *** there'd be a desert full of burned-out Iranian tanks 72 hours after we kicked off the ground phase.

As for bias... I was a tank mechanic. So don't start telling me about the logistics of recovering a disabled tank and it's crew...

I comprehended every word you wrote. Referencing burned-out Iranian tanks does little more than bring the means to the forefront. Having an Abrams (or any tank for that matter) go shoot it out is about the most inefficient method in destroying an armor unit. Now we have Joint Direct Attack Munitions, the Javelin, Apaches, and countless new artillery systems coming on line that are 10 times more effective. The Stryker is the best peice of armor on the battlefield no question and would do a great job in combating ALL enemy armor to date. This is a prime example of a country fighting todays war with yesterdays technology. America was notorious for it for about 50 years and is finally learning it's lesson.

How long has it been since the U.S. has seriously considered a new tank?

Last edited by 1reguL8NSTi; 04-10-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: South Korean Main Battle Tank Experimental [vid]