Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

So libby gets taken down, who is Offical A?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
http://www.cusscontrol.com/book.html
What's Wrong With Swearing?

Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
It gives a bad impression
It makes you unpleasant to be with
It endangers your relationships
It's a tool for whiners and complainers
It reduces respect people have for you
It shows you don't have control
It's a sign of a bad attitude
It discloses a lack of character
It's immature
It reflects ignorance
It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
It contributes to the decline of civility
It represents the dumbing down of America
It offends more people than you think
It makes others uncomfortable
It is disrespectful of others
It turns discussions into arguments
It can be a sign of hostility
It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
It's abrasive, lazy language
It doesn't communicate clearly
It neglects more meaningful words
It lacks imagination
It has lost its effectiveness

Last edited by ipozestu; 10-28-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by ipozestu
http://www.cusscontrol.com/book.html
What's Wrong With Swearing?

Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
It gives a bad impression
It makes you unpleasant to be with
It endangers your relationships
It's a tool for whiners and complainers
It reduces respect people have for you
It shows you don't have control
It's a sign of a bad attitude
It discloses a lack of character
It's immature
It reflects ignorance
It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
It contributes to the decline of civility
It represents the dumbing down of America
It offends more people than you think
It makes others uncomfortable
It is disrespectful of others
It turns discussions into arguments
It can be a sign of hostility
It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
It's abrasive, lazy language
It doesn't communicate clearly
It neglects more meaningful words
It lacks imagination
It has lost its effectiveness

how cute i ****ing offended him..

ahh shucks..

i bolded all the ones i dont give a flying **** about, just for you ****er
Old 10-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Unregistered,
I do believe this is a big deal. I have not defended this Libby guy and his actions. Hell I never even heard of him til a few weeks ago. All I am saying is that we have no idea if the charges that have been brought against him are true. Every statement in opposition to the actions of Libby have slammed the door shut on a statement made by a prosecuter in a press conference. At the present moment this is nothing more than dirty politics. Until the door opens wider and what really happened is exposed, It's all speculation. As I have stated before, if he is found guilty let justice be done. I would consider it a good catch. If we allowed him to continue lord knows what would have happened. We do not need corruption at the higher levels, let alone any level. If innocent I will also find it interesting to reading posts about how he had a hot shot lawyer, the court was fixed, damn Bush. Believe when I say I'm not to happy with the Bush boy but I'm not willing to close the book just yet. It really don't belive Bush is going to leave any sort of Legacy behind. Proof positive nominating Harriet to the Court of all Courts. That was his chance for the legacy and he blew it. The republican party is much larger then a few hundred suits in D.C.

Dre I don't want to leave you out.... See above.

You are kidding right? Have you not followed the history of this at all? Libby is being made a scape goat for this administration. Rove is the one that should go down for this but I sincerly doubt it. Just look at Rove's past history in dealing with individuals. This is not speculation someone, in the administration leaked a name for revenge purposes. That is plain horrible. And while I suspect that this goes larger than Libby by far, I doubt it will come around.

Anyways every single one of you should be crying bloody murder about this. Not just saying, oh its speculation, someone should hang for this. Seriously think of the implications of what they did. Instead of bringing up Clinton you should be saying where is the accountability of this administration?! How come Bush didn't find out who did this himself? How come this administration didn't take action against the individuals that lied to Bush about going to war? The list goes on and on. Thats why this is a big deal. And trust me one of them is going down now the question is whether Bush pardons them or not. I'll put my money on that he does.

Excuse the rambaling but this situation really really makes me mad. Had Clinton done this I would of cried bloody murder also. This has nothing to do with party lines in my book. This has to do with putting peoples lives on the line because one person disagreed with you. That is just not acceptable.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 PM

Oh and about the doors being shut on what is going on. The prosecuter, who is a Republican by the way, has not allowed leaks to happen from his office. And neither has the white house. The prosecuter wants to do this the best possible way possible and that includes not leaking information out.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
You really need to stop with the four letter words, Dre. It really gets old. Besides, damn near everyone of us has continuously said that whomever is guilty of the leak should be charged to the full extent of the law. These people face 30yrs and I say so be it. ****'em.
Due to the loopholes in federal sentencing he'll plead the fith and get 2 years in federal prison. He'll probably be free during daylight hours and just have to sleep in prison. Federal judges have been giving light sentences for a long time now. Also if Libby cooperates he may just get probation (thank you federal court). Federal court is by far better than any state court. No incentive not to be a criminal like Delay or a corporate thief. Martha Stewart will probably have more time under her belt than Libby.

“Guidelines connotes the idea that these are suggestions. That these are things you probably ought to do. There’s no ‘ought’ about it [under the federal sentencing guidelines].”

Last edited by STIdevildog; 10-29-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:54 AM
VIP Member

has anyone besides myself bothered to read the offical indicment and charges?

DUDE LIED TO THE FBI AND THE GRAND JURY

Straight told each different stories then what he told the reporters..
Old 10-29-2005, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Truthfully, I don't think if convicted he'll see the inside of a cell. He'll be fined a few hundred thousand dollars and be done.

Hi lojasmo
Old 10-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3

I doubt anything will happen to him. And thats infurating to no end. This guy led others to go to war with faulty evidence. If any of you don't see the connection here I'll be sadly mistaken at the level of intelligence you guys have. Sigh the corruption of this administration is coming out of the wood works.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
On TV today some news channel had a guy on the street say he thought this only ranked a 3 on a 10-scale of significance, when he was asked what is more important, he said "well we have soldiers dying over in Iraq...."

completely clueless to the fact that they are there because of lies that scooter was working to cover up.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:26 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Truthfully, I don't think if convicted he'll see the inside of a cell. He'll be fined a few hundred thousand dollars and be done.

Hi lojasmo

I doubt he'll even have to pay a fine on that order, he'll drag the whole thing out in appeals until W can pardon him.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Who cares? An indictment is not a conviction, so you cannot say in absolute certainty that he lied. Other people's statements are being used to triangulate on the truth, so they might be the liars here.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:22 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
"Subject A" is probably Rove. It also could be Cheney, from aspects of the story about which I've read.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Who cares? An indictment is not a conviction, so you cannot say in absolute certainty that he lied. Other people's statements are being used to triangulate on the truth, so they might be the liars here.

Pay attention to the news a bit more. If you really think this guy is innocent I got a bridge, prime land in Florida that never gets hit by a hurricane, and a mansion in New Orleans that sits by a dam to sell you.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Pay attention to the news a bit more. If you really think this guy is innocent I got a bridge, prime land in Florida that never gets hit by a hurricane, and a mansion in New Orleans that sits by a dam to sell you.
Nobody is innocent. I'm just saying that this is probably not as it seems, and everything that's been said and leaked is only accusations without factual evidence.

I predict that he'll either beat the charges or that all or most will be dismissed.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb

Do you understand what is going on at all? Just curious...

GRAND JURY

not

civil lawsuit

slight difference there buddy...

And again how many times have you read of the grand jurys findings?

Quick Reply: So libby gets taken down, who is Offical A?