Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

So libby gets taken down, who is Offical A?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
So libby gets taken down, who is Offical A?

31. In or about March 2004, in the District of Columbia,
I. LEWIS LIBBY,
also known as “SCOOTER LIBBY,”
defendant herein, did knowingly and corruptly endeavor to influence, obstruct and impede the due
administration of justice, namely proceedings before Grand Jury 03-3, by misleading and deceiving
the grand jury as to when, and the manner and means by which, LIBBY acquired and subsequently
disclosed to the media information concerning the employment of Valerie Wilson by the CIA.

32. It was part of the corrupt endeavor that during his grand jury testimony, defendant
LIBBY made the following materially false and intentionally misleading statements and
representations, in substance, under oath:

a. When LIBBY spoke with Tim Russert of NBC News, on or about July 10,
2003:
i. Russert asked LIBBY if LIBBY knew that Wilson’s wife worked for
the CIA, and told LIBBY that all the reporters knew it; and
ii. At the time of this conversation, LIBBY was surprised to hear that
Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA;

b. LIBBY advised Matthew Cooper of Time magazine on or about July 12, 2003,
that he had heard that other reporters were saying that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA, and further
advised him that LIBBY did not know whether this assertion was true; and
c. LIBBY advised Judith Miller of the New York Times on or about July 12,
2003 that he had heard that other reporters were saying that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA but
LIBBY did not know whether that assertion was true.

33. It was further part of the corrupt endeavor that at the time defendant LIBBY made
each of the above-described materially false and intentionally misleading statements and
representations to the grand jury, LIBBY was aware that they were false, in that:

a. When LIBBY spoke with Tim Russert of NBC News on or about July 10,
2003:

i. Russert did not ask LIBBY if LIBBY knew that Wilson’s wife
worked for the CIA, nor did he tell LIBBY that all the reporters knew
it; and
ii. At the time of this conversation, LIBBY was well aware that
Wilson’s wife worked at the CIA; in fact, LIBBY had participated in
multiple prior conversations concerning this topic, including on the
following occasions:

• In or about early June 2003, LIBBY learned from the Vice
President that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA in the
Counterproliferation Division;
• On or about June 11, 2003, LIBBY was informed by a senior
CIA officer that Wilson’s wife was employed by the CIA and
that the idea of sending him to Niger originated with her;
• On or about June 12, 2003, LIBBY was informed by the
Under Secretary of State that Wilson’s wife worked for the
CIA;
• On or about June 14, 2003, LIBBY discussed “Joe Wilson”
and “Valerie Wilson” with his CIA briefer, in the context of
Wilson’s trip to Niger;
• On or about June 23, 2003, LIBBY informed reporter Judith
Miller that Wilson’s wife might work at a bureau of the CIA;
• On or about July 7, 2003, LIBBY advised the White House
Press Secretary that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA;
• In or about June or July 2003, and in no case later than on or
about July 8, 2003, LIBBY was advised by the Assistant to
the Vice President for Public Affairs that Wilson’s wife
worked for the CIA;
• On or about July 8, 2003, LIBBY advised reporter Judith
Miller of his belief that Wilson’s wife worked at the CIA; and
• On or about July 8, 2003, LIBBY had a discussion with the
Counsel to the Office of the Vice President concerning the
paperwork that would exist if a person who was sent on an
overseas trip by the CIA had a spouse who worked at the
CIA;

b. LIBBY did not advise Matthew Cooper, on or about July 12, 2003, that
LIBBY had heard other reporters were saying that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA, nor did
LIBBY advise him that LIBBY did not know whether this assertion was true; rather, LIBBY
confirmed to Cooper, without qualification, that LIBBY had heard that Wilson’s wife worked at the
CIA; and

c. LIBBY did not advise Judith Miller, on or about July 12, 2003, that LIBBY
had heard other reporters were saying that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA, nor did LIBBY advise
her that LIBBY did not know whether this assertion was true;
That is the meat on libby, now they mention 'Offical A"

my guess is that it is rove..

21. On or about July 10 or July 11, 2003, LIBBY spoke to a senior official in the White
House (“Official A”) who advised LIBBY of a conversation Official A had earlier that week with
columnist Robert Novak in which Wilson’s wife was discussed as a CIA employee involved in
Wilson’s trip. LIBBY was advised by Official A that Novak would be writing a story about
Wilson’s wife.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

what you ***s dont want to confront corruption in your own ****ing party at its highest levels?

Stop being little ***got *****es and sack the **** up.. Your **** stinks just like the rest of us
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Yea yea, everyone wants to sharpen thier knife for a slice of "scooter". First of all h is accused for lying not guilty of lying; second, for some reason I seem to recall a guy by the name of... What was his name? Bill that's it, see this guy Bill not only lied to his wife and family but to the whole world. He is a disgrace to the country and this may be a stretch, the human race. This is where it gets funny, this was corruption at THE highest level in YOUR party, and he walked. Where were your razor blades and pitch forks then?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Clinton lied about an affair...had nothing to do with his job or his responsibilities as president. It makes him a cheater...and when he perjured himself, that's obviously bad. But it still didn't concern gov't business. Even being accused of lying about gov't business is way way worse than lying about getting some toungue love...seriously, do you conservatives really think they're on the same level?!?!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:44 PM
VIP Member

Perjury is perjury anyway you slice it.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I agree, it doesn't make one side more or less right or wrong though. Time will tell what really happened, until then, all is speculation.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:02 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Perjury is perjury anyway you slice it.

You can't be serious...did anything bad happen to our country because Clinton lied about having gotten a BJ?? Hell no. Yes, perjury is bad...but there are degrees, it's not black and white at all.

Not to mention Clinton should not have had to have been under oath when talking about his personal life.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Are there degrees of perjury? MV I want to thank you for making my point. The left is hell bent on closing the book on this guy. He has been "accused". If he is found guilty, let justice be done. If found innocent, there would be a stark difference between the perjury commited by one of the parties in question and the acquittal of "scooter".
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM

Are there degrees of perjury? MV I want to thank you for making my point. The left is hell bent on closing the book on this guy. He has been "accused". If he is found guilty, let justice be done. If found innocent, there would be a stark difference between the perjury commited by one of the parties in question and the acquittal of "scooter".
You have got to be kidding me. Not only are you ignoring the fact that this administration said they where bringing back responsibility, diginity, morals and a slew of other things when they took office. But you are also ignoring your very reaction change when Clinton was in office. The right was screaming bloody murder over a blow job. While Scooters action have caused the DEATH of our soldiers. Anyway you slice it which ones has more consequences for peoples lives? If you can not distinguish the two then you have some real moral issues to figure out. Because you lack the fundamental understanding of what morals really are.

I can't believe you are not outraged at the possiblities of what this holds. Any of you that say they support our troops, better be outraged or you are full of crap. These men put or soldiers lives at risks because of LIES and then tried to punish individuals that told the truth. How dare any of you act like this is not a big deal. How dare any of you turn a blind eye to what this means and try to spin it. That is ****ing disgusting on SO many levels.

Oh and keep beating that dead horse called Clinton. You really prove the point that you really don't give a **** about the troops and instead are looking for a cop out any where you can. Disgusting.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Yea yea, everyone wants to sharpen thier knife for a slice of "scooter". First of all h is accused for lying not guilty of lying; second, for some reason I seem to recall a guy by the name of... What was his name? Bill that's it, see this guy Bill not only lied to his wife and family but to the whole world. He is a disgrace to the country and this may be a stretch, the human race. This is where it gets funny, this was corruption at THE highest level in YOUR party, and he walked. Where were your razor blades and pitch forks then?

i dont have a party you ****ing idiot...

and back to the bill thing... at least bill was doing what 60% of males do.. lie about another women while married...

These douche bags commited ****ing treason in my book, YOU DONT OUT A ****ING CIA EMPLOYEE.. COVERT OR NOT

THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY DAY IN AND DAY OUT WITH OUT ANY ****ING FAME, WITH OUT ANY ****ING RECOGINITION, AND THEY DO THIS KNOWINGLY.

This aint some ****ing dumb *** GI who never had a chance at **** in life, these are people who could literally make millions, highly educated, highly skilled, and highly talented. Therse are ****ing gernade catchers.. THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER.. And they risk their lives and the lives of everyone they ****ing know..

FOR WHAT?

FOR THEIR ****ING COUNTRY nothing more nothing less, they are sworn to a life of secrecy, for that is the ONLY THING THAT CAN PROTECT THEM AND THEIR LOVED ONES.

Secrecy is the ONLY protection that this goverment can offer these people, and to have their very own goverment VIOLATE that sole barrier of protection FLYS IN THE FACE OF EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE WORK FOR.

IT IS ****ING TREASON in my eyes...

and pure ****ing bull**** to let petty ****ing bull**** politics **** those people and the protection their own employers offer them..

its ****

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 10-28-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Unregistered,
I do believe this is a big deal. I have not defended this Libby guy and his actions. Hell I never even heard of him til a few weeks ago. All I am saying is that we have no idea if the charges that have been brought against him are true. Every statement in opposition to the actions of Libby have slammed the door shut on a statement made by a prosecuter in a press conference. At the present moment this is nothing more than dirty politics. Until the door opens wider and what really happened is exposed, It's all speculation. As I have stated before, if he is found guilty let justice be done. I would consider it a good catch. If we allowed him to continue lord knows what would have happened. We do not need corruption at the higher levels, let alone any level. If innocent I will also find it interesting to reading posts about how he had a hot shot lawyer, the court was fixed, damn Bush. Believe when I say I'm not to happy with the Bush boy but I'm not willing to close the book just yet. It really don't belive Bush is going to leave any sort of Legacy behind. Proof positive nominating Harriet to the Court of all Courts. That was his chance for the legacy and he blew it. The republican party is much larger then a few hundred suits in D.C.

Dre I don't want to leave you out.... See above.

Last edited by ipozestu; 10-28-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Secrecy is the ONLY protection that this goverment can offer these people, and to have their very own goverment VIOLATE that sole barrier of protection FLYS IN THE FACE OF EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE WORK FOR.
*makes note of statement*

Isn't consistancy wonderful.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 10-28-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You really need to stop with the four letter words, Dre. It really gets old. Besides, damn near everyone of us has continuously said that whomever is guilty of the leak should be charged to the full extent of the law. These people face 30yrs and I say so be it. ****'em.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
You really need to stop with the four letter words, Dre. It really gets old.
I tend to think it leads to the dumbing of others and thier posts.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=42
Old 10-28-2005, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
i dont have a party you ****ing idiot...
Like this?

Quick Reply: So libby gets taken down, who is Offical A?