Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Shootings

Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Shootings

So...there have been two major shootings in the past couple of weeks around the country. How come noone has posted about them? Maybe because they were perpetrated by non-Muslims? Couldn't be...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071205/...ng_nebraska_dc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071210/...h_shootings_71
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
That's a total of 13 people killed.

So what's the connection?
Crazy white people?
Guns?

More importantly, on each of those days, more than 115 Americans were killed driving their cars.
Yet no one bothered to post about that.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Yet no one bothered to post about that.
Exactly. If one wanted, they could paint both of these shootings in ways that would demonize a certain group. In the most recent, you could say Christians cause gun violence. In the earlier one, you could claim a number of things including just plain insanity on the part of the shooter. But if either of them had been Muslim, then the reason would be clear and there would have been a thread in here the instant that info was release talking about how evil the terrorists are (if you look in a couple old threads about shootings, you'll find exactly that).

I was just trying to point out how when a Muslim shoots people, they get a discussion in here about how evil their religion is; when anyone else shoots people, there is silence from the same group that would lambast the Muslim shooter. Just an observation really.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Exactly. If one wanted, they could paint both of these shootings in ways that would demonize a certain group. In the most recent, you could say Christians cause gun violence. In the earlier one, you could claim a number of things including just plain insanity on the part of the shooter. But if either of them had been Muslim, then the reason would be clear and there would have been a thread in here the instant that info was release talking about how evil the terrorists are (if you look in a couple old threads about shootings, you'll find exactly that).

I was just trying to point out how when a Muslim shoots people, they get a discussion in here about how evil their religion is; when anyone else shoots people, there is silence from the same group that would lambast the Muslim shooter. Just an observation really.
So what you're saying is this Christian in the recent shooting was motivated by religious reasons to go on this rampage? Sorry, but if the motivation had from a particular group, be it monkeys, Muslim, Christian, Gangs, etc. Most of us would see a connection with this thread. But as it stands one guy was after notoriety with death and the other seems as if he was unhappy with his exile. Please tell me the connection that prompted you to to start this thread.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Almost forgot...lol.

So...there have been two major shootings in the past couple of weeks around the country. How come noone has posted about them? Maybe because they were perpetrated by non-Muslims? Couldn't be...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071205/...ng_nebraska_dc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071210/...h_shootings_71
Wow, I almost forgot all about muslim extremists and how much I hated them, but you have rekindled my hatred. You don't work for the media do you?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:21 PM

The guy DID shoot up the church for religious reasons! How is getting kicked out of your religious group, then shooting at them, not religious?

What do you mean 'a connection'? I started this thread because there have been recent examples of non-Muslims, and even a CHRISTIAN, that have perpetrated what can easily be classified as a terroristic suicide mission. Now, if you look back through some threads, when a very very similar shooting happened several months ago (when another angry teen shot people in a mall)...everyone here stood up and said 'SEE SEE, IT'S THE MUSLIMS'. So, in order to be fair handed, I thought it was only just for someone to start a thread saying that it's not only Muslims, and that people of all walks/creeds/beliefs here in the US are equally likely to go nuts and shoot up a place.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Nice try, but 4 people killed by a "Christian" is not the same as thousands being chopped up, hacked apart, and blown up by hundreds/thousands of Muslims.

Haven't read the about the shooter invoking the Lord/God/Jesus while he murdered people.

Your comparison is weak, at best.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

BTW...the shooter's motivation was hatred of Christians.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Fu*cking read what I've written, what it actually says in my posts, not what you read into it.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Calm the **** down.
Ain't no reason to be ****ing cussing up a storm.

So, in order to be fair handed, I thought it was only just for someone to start a thread saying that it's not only Muslims,
I agree...to a point...with your statement.

and that people of all walks/creeds/beliefs here in the US are equally likely to go nuts and shoot up a place.
And here's where you're wrong.
Pure speculation on your behalf.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
And here's where you're wrong.
Pure speculation on your behalf.
Not at all. If you look at the perpetrators of mass murders, shootings, and bombings on US soil, you'll see that they are all from very diverse backgrounds. Disgruntled postal workers, angry disillusioned veterans, Muslim extremists, cult leaders, Christian fundamentalists, angst ridden suburban teens...
Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
Sure I agree with you that going nuts and shooting up the place can happen to anyone. (science has yet to find the Nucking Futs gene) but the difference here is motivation. Terrorists kill to push an agenda. Muslim terrorists kill in order to gain Shuria law in their territories (AKA. everywhere there are Muslims)

The second guy (Colorado) went off his rocker and decide to kill Christians, based on the fact that Christians are "evil" or whatever. The big news in this story was that a lawfully armed private Citizen foiled the shooting and saved 50 to 100 people. (I'm really surprised that the MSM reported that part at all)

The Nebraska guy was a Nut ball, and snapped.. This asshat should've been in a straight jacket like a year ago. His motivation was to "go out in style". This guys intent was probably suicide by cop.

The biggest differences between these stories are how they ended.

The Nebraska shooting happened in a Gun free zone (the shooter was able to shoot until he got board and offed himself. Basically harvesting Sheep until the dogs got there, but got tired of waiting. (some 20 minutes after the call was made, just in time to clean up the bodies.)

The Colorado Shooting was in a place where citizens took it upon themselves to be armed for their own protection and the Shooter was killed early, preventing a hell of a lot of deaths.

Last edited by Tizzo27; 12-11-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:18 AM

The CO shooting was stopped by an armed security guard...at the SECOND location the shooter shot at. Nice try though...Mr. Heston would be proud.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
The CO shooting was stopped by an armed security guard...at the SECOND location the shooter shot at. Nice try though...Mr. Heston would be proud.
If by armed security guard you mean, church volunteer, then you are 100% correct.

See in Colorado you can carry without a "guard card".

The Woman who shot the guy happened to be at the church because she was fasting and had finished a prayer class (or something). She was a part of the volunteer security team (AKA. CCW holders who attend one service and volunteer as security helpers at the second.)

And yes the shooter did go to a church before and shoot folks. 70 some miles away some 8 hours before. Which again illustrates the point about relying on police for personal protection. At the first shooting the shooter shot 8 IIRC and escaped.

So I guess you have three examples
Two where gun free zones got good people killed.
And one where an armed citizen saved lives.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
On Sunday, an evil lunatic went on a murderous rampage, killing two people at a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) base in Arvada, Colorado, before going to New Life Church and killing two sisters there. Thankfully, his bloodthirsty quest was stopped cold by Jeanne Assam, who had volunteered to handle security, held a weapon permit and was carrying a concealed gun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shootings