Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...
View Poll Results: Do you support economic sanctions against North Korea?
Yes.
42.86%
No
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Sanctions against North Korea?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Sanctions against North Korea?

Yes or No.

What kind?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Complete and total embargo of all trade.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM

I voted yes. Yet I think this is would be have to be used as a tool to make them stop. Military pressure will not work. We really need to get China VERY involved in this. We need to work with them together. We might not agree with China a lot of times but in this instance I think we agree 100%.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Uh thier already sanctioned.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Uh thier already sanctioned.

That's what I thought...aren't they in the same list as Cuba (nothing from their goes to US, nothing from here goes there?)?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Sanctions are stupid when China is the lifeline for their govt. Only the innocent will be punished.

I say we kick their little 4'3" asses and teach them a lesson they'll never forget. Oh, and forget nation building.. our military is designed to destroy.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Only the innocent will be punished.

Have you seen the undercover videos of people that live in N.Korea? They walk around with a camcorder hidden and tape everything while they walk through the streets and into buildings. An organization that provides free food sends it there and then the people that distribute it are selling it instead of giving it away like they are supposed too. The have dead bodies laying in the streets and military guys walking around all over the place. The innocent are already being punished.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Jakes02
The have dead bodies laying in the streets and military guys walking around all over the place. The innocent are already being punished.
Ummm yeah, because they are already fubared. Time to slap the govt silly.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
I say we round up every single emo ***pie on myspace and push them out the backs of some cargo plans over pyongdongalong NK and let them sort out the rest...
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Ummm yeah, because they are already fubared. Time to slap the govt silly.
Part of the problem is the fact that we keep asking N.Korea to stop nuclear development. We need to TELL them with a few thousand Tomahawks dropping from the sky.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
I say we round up every single emo ***pie on myspace and push them out the backs of some cargo plans over pyongdongalong NK and let them sort out the rest...

Hahahaha...they'd be rlonlrly, oh so rlonlrly...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jakes02
Part of the problem is the fact that we keep asking N.Korea to stop nuclear development. We need to TELL them with a few thousand Tomahawks dropping from the sky.

That seems so weird to me. Convince a country they don't need to make a nuc to defend themselves by attacking them...that would make them want one more, no? Unless, of course, we do some of the quality 'democracy building' we're so (in)famous for right now...
Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Actually- we don't keep asking them because we don't recognize them as a proper government.

That's been their big beef all along- they wanted one-on-one talks with the US and we'd only agree to 6-way or 8-way talks with the rest of their neighbors having a seat at the table.

Hell, until the Bush administration came in there were inspectors on the ground in NK and their weapons program was locked off, when W declared them as being in the axis of evil- Kim Jung Il basically said "I'll show you evil"- kicked out the inspectors and put their weapons program in overdrive.

They were signataries to the non-proliferation treaty but when we violated it with India they figured it wasn't worth the paper it was written on, so they feel justified in violating it -they can say "the US did it first".

Goes to show what bad diplomacy, disregard for international law, and a terribly mis-guided foreign policy can buy you.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:23 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by psoper
Actually- we don't keep asking them because we don't recognize them as a proper government.

That's been their big beef all along- they wanted one-on-one talks with the US and we'd only agree to 6-way or 8-way talks with the rest of their neighbors having a seat at the table.

Hell, until the Bush administration came in there were inspectors on the ground in NK and their weapons program was locked off, when W declared them as being in the axis of evil- Kim Jung Il basically said "I'll show you evil"- kicked out the inspectors and put their weapons program in overdrive.

They were signataries to the non-proliferation treaty but when we violated it with India they figured it wasn't worth the paper it was written on, so they feel justified in violating it -they can say "the US did it first".

Goes to show what bad diplomacy, disregard for international law, and a terribly mis-guided foreign policy can buy you.

I was wondering how long it was gonna take before someone blamed Bush for North Korea.

I seem to remember that a certain president a few years back gave NK technology/money/whatever that has resulted in NK possibly have nukes today.

But, yea, Bush ****ed up.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:08 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
6 years ago they didn't have nuclear weapons, there were inspectors there, and they were not a threat.

Now they have succesfully conducted a test and have demonstarted delivery capabilities.

Who has been in charge of this country for the last 6 years?

who else would you blame?

And I'm not making this stuff up- it is all on the record for anyone who cares about the truth to find out for themselves

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...an.html#byline

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2006/101006.html

Quick Reply: Sanctions against North Korea?