Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

San Francisco Declares Itself a Military-Free Zone

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
San Francisco Declares Itself a Military-Free Zone

Well I’ve known forever that most of the anti-war types are anti-soldier as well. Seems some are finally showing their true colors. Everyday I hate California a little more. Just glad that Sacramento and the foothill/mountain areas haven't gone to complete **** yet.

Read the entire article. The things being tried will boggle the mind.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...cstillwell.DTL

Everyone knows that San Francisco is a focal point for anti-war sentiment. Protests, civil disobedience and other acts designed to show opposition to the war in Iraq are standard fare in these parts. But now it seems that San Francisco anti-war activists have taken their opposition to the war in Iraq a step further.

Not content with simply protesting the war, they've trained their sights on all things military. In an apparent effort to rid the city of any semblance of its military history, various leftist groups, and even some city officials, are trying to erase the military's presence altogether. In short, San Francisco has declared itself a military-free zone…

…If the city truly wanted to rid itself of military symbols, it would have to dig up the graves at the San Francisco National Cemetery and raze all other evidence of the military's presence at the Presidio (including extensive Buffalo Soldier sites), pave over Crissy Field, bulldoze the War Memorial complex on Van Ness Avenue and knock down the Lone Sailor statue at the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge. Since San Francisco has a long and rich military history, there certainly wouldn't be any shortage of monuments to destroy.

Lest it be forgotten, the city's relationship with the military is a two-way street. After all, many residents would not have survived the 1906 earthquake without the Navy's assistance. So let's just say for the sake of argument that San Francisco succeeds in cutting off all military ties. Here's what could happen:

-- The next time San Francisco finds itself in need of help from the Coast Guard or the National Guard, the city would be on its own.

-- Were a terrorist attack -- or an earthquake or some other natural disaster -- to occur in San Francisco, the federal governnment would just ignore all requests for assistance.

-- Should a foreign nation decide to invade and conquer the vulnerable coastal city, it would meet with little resistance, especially considering the pacifist attitude of many of its residents.

-- All federal funds would be cut off immediately.
Of course, none of this is going to happen, but one can dream.
These idiots realize that they are the forefront for a domestic attack, don't they? If a huge terrorist attack were to happen in SF these *******s would be the first to insist on military help. I wish we could just abandon them if that were the case. I really do.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I cant stand this leftist extremism. These guys should get cast to lepor island with Pat Robertson
Old 08-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
The Navy warship that was going to be turned into a museum was rejected by these people. So instead of letting S.F. benefit from the revenue that the 500K plus visitors a year would have generated, they'll just bump the toll of the golden gate bridge up a couple more bucks....what the hell right? Idiots. S.F. is a primary terrorist target. It would be huge loss if lets say, all these extreme lefty's as well as all the members of the Film Actors Guild (F.A.G.) were in S.F. when it was struck.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:43 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Everyday I hate California a little more. Just glad that Sacramento and the foothill/mountain areas haven't gone to complete **** yet.

Are you kidding? There's more crime (car theft, meth production, murders, assault, etc) in Sac and the valley than ANYWHERE in Northern California per capita. Those were the first places that 'went to complete ****'. LA is the only place crime is higher, and that's partly because of how many people live in LA county (it's almost as if the entire LA county IS a city)

And, to echo remarks you have made about people who don't like the American gov't right now so much...if you hate California, why the hell do you live here. It's expensive, but I love it here so I deal. If I hated it here, I'd sure as hell be gone.

Last edited by MVWRX; 08-26-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:51 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Aside from the assinine comments about my favorite state and area, I do agree that these people (the ones in the article) are going way the f*** to far. I mean...I'm anti-this-war for several reasons. But to think that a modern country can survive without a military is rediculous, and these people seem to think that no military is a good idea.
I've always been a proponent of the idea that the threat of deadly force is the most powerful tool a gov't has...I just think we overuse our force to the point that it is too costly (monitarily and otherwise) and that the more we use it when not neccesary, the worse our standing in the international community is (which is VERY important and will become more important in the future). Not to mention the effect gets watered down the more we have these drawn out war-protection-occupation type deals the Bush family seems to be in love with.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i declare maryland an air free zone!

that will show those polluters what is what!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Are you kidding? There's more crime (car theft, meth production, murders, assault, etc) in Sac and the valley than ANYWHERE in Cali per capita. Those were the first places that 'went to complete ****'.
I'm talking about politics alone.

Originally Posted by MVWRX
It's expensive, but I love it here so I deal. If I hated it here, I'd sure as hell be gone.
I love it here too. I love SF. Just came back from the Hilton over the weekend with the wife. I love the moutains, I love camping in Kibrutz and Ice House, I love fishing the delta, etc. I just dislike the politics is all.

Investments and work keep me here. I own properties here. Also, being in my line of work does not give me the luxury to transfer. My reputation and referals will not follow me if I move. I'll starve.

I have properties in AZ and ID though so when it comes time to retire i''ll be moving there. Fly rod in hand

Last edited by Salty; 08-28-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:30 PM

Car Info: Sline
i'll be moving there. Fly rod in hand
That's my kinda man
Old 08-27-2005, 08:17 AM

rod in hand

Originally Posted by jvick125
That's my kinda man

Ugh... I just barfed in my mouth.

:banana:
Old 08-27-2005, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I've worked in S.F. for 10 years. I wouldn't mind at all if that place burnt to the ground. Of course I'm not talking about the sugar coated part of S.F. that only the tourists see. I'm talking about the over abundance of low income housing developments. Every 4 to 5 blocks you have more narcotics, prostitution, and gang related violence than anywhere in the northern bay area. People are crazy. They buy a house for astronomical prices. Have a single garage or no garage at all. Drive around the block for hours looking for parking when they get home from work. Have to park on the street just so they can find scratches or dents on their cars the next morning. Live a block away from a project. Get to see dope dealing on the corners (Yes, those guys dressed as gangster rappers, really arn't gangster rappers. They're dope dealers!) every day. You can always count on someone asking you for spare change and every ATM location. There are entire apartment complexes dedicated to gay men. I know this only because I worked across the street from one..lol. It was nasty seing dudes making out outside the lobby of this place. I wanted to claw my own eyes out and eat them so that there was no hope for sight ever again. Yea, S.F. can burn straight to the ground for all I care. I guess if you're super loaded you can buy a place that has a huge garage and is just minutes away from the golden gate.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:10 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
If a huge terrorist attack were to happen in SF these *******s would be the first to insist on military help. I wish we could just abandon them if that were the case. I really do.
Because the millitary was such a great help on 9-11, right?
Old 08-28-2005, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Thanks for announcing you're anti-militarism, lojasmo! Instead of actually knowing what you're talking about you just come right out swinging. Good job!

New York National Guard and Reservists were at ground zero before the dust settled. They worked hand in hand the FDNY and NYPD. In fact, many of the firefighters were Guardsmen that eventually put on BDU's later that evening to work once again. I know of one ex-reservist that was there helping before going active Army and joining one of my units a year later. They had Army doctors working hand in hand with civilian doctors at casualty collection points and also had an area set-up with food, water and the psychologically scared.

Other guardsmen patrolled the streets to maintain order incase there were those shallow enough to riot and loot. Fortunately, most everyone was still in shock and united to try anything stupid. A Perimeter was also setup around Ground Zero and other potential targets in the city. MG Vines was considering sending the 82nd Airborne up there for further assistance but everything was accounted for. I personally remember that time very well. We had all our equipment on the rocks ready to go like there was a fire. Fresh CLS bags were on everyone's assault packs. All we had to do was truck down to Pope AFB and fly in. Instead, MG Vines got direct orders from the President to establish a countrywide QRF, which is still on rotation till this day. It wasn't like they were dealing with a huge area. The highest concentration of soldiers were at ground zero which was not much larger than a handful of football fields in area (for those of us that have been there).

As for the military helping the Pentagon attacks... well, that's damn near all that helped during that tragic incident besides local the FD.

They were there for the 1906 earthquake, the 1989 quake and every substantial natural disaster in the Nation that wasn't already under control by area officials. When hurricanes strike Active duty units join forces with National Guardsmen and Reservists to help. I mean a TON of them. They do a lot of work, too. Hurricane Andrew, Irene, Opal, and everyone in between and thereafter. I guarantee Active units are already being tasked for Hurricane Katrina.

Last edited by Salty; 08-28-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
about the terrorist attack....I'm not one to live in fear and be like "oh my god they're all gonna kill us!" but if you have a giant tourist city, on the coast, with no military connection...looks like a pretty big target to me
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM

I say we reinstate those anti-aircraft guns on top of eastern hill overlooking the golden gate bridge.

btw, if you've never been up there it is pretty damn cool.

btw again, speaking of anti-aircraft guns, UBC up in British Colombia has anti-aircraft guns on their campus! It is dope dizzle
Old 08-29-2005, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Even Diane Feinstein thought it was stupid to not let the WWII warship dock there.

Quick Reply: San Francisco Declares Itself a Military-Free Zone