Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Rightwinger chain email (oh this will be good)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Rightwinger chain email (oh this will be good)

Interesting............
Learn these facts before election time !!!

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during
the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in
the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the
entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started
this war, state the following .

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of
112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea, North
Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of
18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of
5,800 per year.

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked US!
President Bush has ...
liberated! two countries, crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and
captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his
own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war
is taking, but...
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno
to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in
Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find her Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and
the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard
than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his
Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, drowning Mary Jo.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count
the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is ! doing a GREAT JOB!

The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize
the facts.

thoughts?
Old 08-09-2004, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I will begin on the Vietnam observations:

JFK didnt start the Vietnam conflict. We were cleaning up after the French

Johnson didnt turn this into a quagmire. JFK passed the quagmire that he inherited over to good ol LBJ
*Side note: After hearing the chant "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" over and over, Johnson repeatedly had a nightmare of being tied to a train track. He would often wake up sweating profusely. He is perhaps the least understood and most misrepresented president in our nation's history IMO
Old 08-09-2004, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by dub2w
JFK didnt start the Vietnam conflict. We were cleaning up after the French

So how did all those US troops get to Vietnam?

The conflict between the French and the Vietnamese was over by the time the US entered in force...the french, btw, were beaten so badly that some of their generals committed suicide out of shame.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
I don't know which flaw in logic/reasoning to point out...

...or is my left-wing bias just getting to me?

This is merely an example of how intelligent and open-minded the avereage Bush supporter is. (This is not a personal remark, I hope nobody takes it that way )
Old 08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
I don't know which flaw in logic/reasoning to point out...

...or is my left-wing bias just getting to me?

This is merely an example of how intelligent and open-minded the avereage Bush supporter is. (This is not a personal remark, I hope nobody takes it that way )
your comment makes you look like the unintillegent close minded one.

assuming that average bush supporters are unintelligent and closeminded because of an e-mail that was written by one person.

your comment made me laugh, that is all
Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by subaruguru
So how did all those US troops get to Vietnam?

The conflict between the French and the Vietnamese was over by the time the US entered in force...the french, btw, were beaten so badly that some of their generals committed suicide out of shame.
Really? When did US military "advisors" start rolling into Vietnam? During JFK's tenure? Didnt Kennedy take office in 1960? If you want to play the revisionist blame game, look to Eisenhower
Old 08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
VIP Member

since there has been some debate i will post the rebuttle i posted to the forum i found this on..

here is my rebuttle to this circle jerk email

Originally Posted by Steiner
Learn these facts before election time !!!

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.
Allready proved this wrong in previous posts i will come back and edit that in a bit later.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

STATES THAT CASULATIES FOR JAN 04 WERE
Period US UK Other* Total Avg Days
1-2004 47 5 0 52 1.68 31

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following .
"WAR IS PEACE -FREEDOM IS SLAVERY- IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH” Live it breath it scream it... That seems to be the motto right?

FDR...

led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,

an average of 112,500 per year.
Japan never declared war on us(they simply attacked us with our formal decleration of war), GERMANY DID!!!! Yet again profit off of the ignorane of the masses.....
http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/germwar.html
Declaring that a state of war exists between the Government of Germany and the government and the people of the United States and making provision to prosecute the same.

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the government and the people of the United States of America:

Truman...

finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,

an average of 18,334 per year.
Again blatent lie, they didnt attack the US persay, but they attacked our interestes (might as well be us soil according to US foregin policies)

http://www.sparknotes.com/history/am...section2.rhtml

On June 25, 1950 the North Korean army attacked South Korea, crossing the 38th Parallel. Pentagon officials were stunned, and had no immediate contingency plan ready. Some said little could be done, while others suggested it was the beginning of Stalin's plot to take over the world. Truman and his circle of advisers sat firmly in this latter group. Immediately upon the invasion, these advisors discussed the prospect of sending General Douglas MacArthur, the US commander in the Far East, to lead a military response.

John F. Kennedy...

started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

The vietnam war was started in the 40's and had to do with the french and their occupation of indochina at that time. It ended up evolving into a conflict of communism vs democracy which the US ended up supporting by traning south viet forces. Which then snowballed into a full on war. I mean do you guys honestly think that JFK started the vietnam war? You guys that dense to your own coutrnies history? Its not like vietnam was some small little conflict..... Its not like it hasnt been burned into our social psyche or anything...

Hell we didnt send "combat" troops into combat in vietnam until johnson came to power. March 8, 1965 was the first day a combat troop set foot in country.

http://www.brainyhistory.com/events/...65_129569.html

March 8, 1965: US combat troops arrive in Danang - "Americanization" of the war begins.
November 22, 1963: JFK assassinated
Kennedy was dead by then...

So how did a dead man start a war with north vietnam?? ROFL Nice try for the republicans to paint JFK with a negative brush. BUT IT FAILED YET AGAIN.

I hope people are getting the point by now...

Johnson...

turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,

an average of 5,800 per year.
Vietnam wasnt able to attack us, it was a country divided.... hehe

North vietnamese forces (backed by the russians since after the end of WW2) were attackign our interests in the southern part of that country. Hence the reason why we first trained, and then came into combat for them and with them. It is called an alliance, i do assume you people understand what that is right? We were protecting our assest in that region, weither it was worth it or not? That is up to you to decide.. So to simply say vietnam never attacked us is a misrepresentation of the truth. There was no "vietnam" in that era. How ever the North vietnamise forces DID ATTACK OUR ALLIES THE SOUTH VEITNAMISE!! Hence how and why we were drawn into the war (beyond our interests in that area).

again
http://www.sparknotes.com/history/am...htimeline.html

http://www.sparknotes.com/history/american/vietnamwar/ (read up on the history of that war, its a good read)

Clinton...

went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
Clinton far from went to war with out the UN's consent. Un peace keepers handed over that region to NATO to take care of the civil war in that area. Clinton simply pushed for more us troops to get involved to hasten teh end of hte conflict and genocide.

As for the osama thing, do you have any direct evidence that osama attacked us? DOnt think so, and dont give me any bull**** about 9/11 all evidence points to him not being the brains or the muscle behind the attack. Does he support said attacks? Yupo, did he do them? Nope.

In the two years since terrorists attacked US! President Bush has ...

liberated! two countries,

crushed the Taliban,

crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
*sigh*

Liberation or conquest? And we have yet to see if those decisions were hte right ones (only time will tell). My gut feeling is what we did in afghanistan was completely just and the right thing to do. Those people needed our help desperatly, as well as that regime needed to go, it did harbor terror and extreme views of hte world.

As for iraq, that is a different story all together. If saddam was an immediate threat to our national security then there wouldnt be as much of an issue as there is now. (ie he wasnt anywhere near the threat that hte bush administration peported him to be) As for helpign out the iraqis, we have yet to see if we realy have helped them out in the long run. (again time will tell)

As for libya, if anything the libyans wanted our hand out money more then anything. They were in talks with british and american officals in regards to WMDs as well as the lockerbie fiasco for many years before bush even came into power. If anything this could be seen as a direct effect of clintons more liberal and diplomatic means of reoslving disputes.

http://www.ccc.nps.navy.mil/si/2004/mar/boucekMar04.asp

For a good read on libya and their actions... Not to mention the fact that libyas leaders have been coming under attack of militant islamic radicals. Hell they even tried to kill qadfi a few times... So once again look at the reasons behind peoples actions and they shed a whole new light on things...

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find her Rose Law Firm billing records.
Big difference between diplomacy and full on invasion aint it?

At least they gave those us citizens the respect of trying to resolve things diplomaticly (no matter how long it took). Up until a point of course, where it became to politicaly expensive to continue waiting it out with out any direct resolution of the conflict. Waco was a vastly complex issue as well.

http://www.serendipity.li/waco/waco_his.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../timeline.html

would seem that they didnt possess any guns that were illegal for that time period, much to the dismay of the feds at the time.

Looks like the WMD's search has been going on alot longer then two years. (ESP if you count the UN's 10 + years of searching). If if you dont count that we are at 1.5 years or so now. Point negated...... a rather pointless argument, and if you cant tell the political bias by now of this post then by all means kill your self now the world doesnt need anymore idiots.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...docs/recs.html

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, drowning Mary Jo.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Again another attack on the opposing view from the author of all these lies and twists on the truth.

3rd id info

24th it reaches karbala (3rd id) and beings attacking iraqi forces..
http://www.ausa.org/www/armymag.nsf/...1?OpenDocument

Secures karbala (apr 2nd)
http://www.stratfor.com/coms2/ecinew..._0224_214390-X

The kennedy fiasco
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...paquiddick.htm
by his own words he reported it within 24 hours....

Nice spin huh...... Wouldnt know any better if you didnt look up the facts now would you? Once agian critical thinking is key people be skeptical of anything and everything that is presented to you, ESP stuff with SUCH A BLATENT POLITICAL SPIN!!!!! BUt most of you people are simple sheep and blow right past the hidden (and in this case blatent) political innuendo..

The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.
I am glad the military moral is high!! It should be they are the best in the world!!!

And that last remark CRACKS ME THE **** UP!!!! hahahahahahahaha i guess it is a classic ploy to give the read some sense that they are in fact reading something that is truthful, by of course attacking "the liberal media". Facts are facts, and that email contains very little of said "facts"

im hungry after all that..
Old 08-09-2004, 07:01 PM

There's a lot in there, but I'll stick to setting the record straight on JFK for this post. The short answer is: No, JFK did not create all hostilities in Vietnam. But he was the first and most responsible for United States involvement in Vietnam, and LBJ was continuing JFK's policies when he ordered more "combat troops" (of which there were already thousands under the name of "advisors") into vietnam. Why did JFK do this? Because he was the most anti-communist president of the 20th century. This is the guy that tried to have Castro assassinated and who took responsibility for the bay of pigs invasion. Search up some of his speeches online, and see how many of them don't mention the communist threat.

JFK combined with Mcnamara=US soldiers fighting the vietnam war.

First off the bat, JFK had about 16000 "advisors" in Vietnam between 1962-63, actively working with pro-Diem vietnamese forces. Diem was the more nationalist/capitalist politican who controlled south Vietnam at the time. JFK engineered the US alliance with Diem specifically because, as dre3 notes, he wanted to counter communist influence in the region. But that's the point: The drive to counter communism is what snowballed Vietnam into a full blown war for the United States. Who was behind the push to stop communism in Vietnam? That's right: JFK. US interest in Vietnam WAS the interest of JFK in stopping communism by allying with Diem (whom LBJ later allowed to be assassinated, but that's beside the point).

An interesting point to note: The French at the SEATO conference dealing with intervention in indochina (I believe it happened in Thailand, the conference) opposed further intervention. Seems to me like they wanted to leave their mess behind, but the US under JFK's leadership decided that it would be wise to try and forge a stronger US presence in the region. I'm sure communism was his primary motivation, but business also played a role: JFK handed out billions in contracts to US companies for building military bases and infrastructure in vietnam.

All that in just a few short years as president. Dre3 is right that the war snowballed under LBJ...but it was without a doubt JFK (no doubt listening plenty to Mcnamara) who started the ball rolling towards war.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 PM

Did somebody really just try to let JFK and LBJ off the hook for Vietnam and then accuse someone else of revisionism? This forum has jumped the shark.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by wrx ish
your comment makes you look like the unintillegent close minded one.

assuming that average bush supporters are unintelligent and closeminded because of an e-mail that was written by one person.

your comment made me laugh, that is all

Uh-oh, somebody took it personally I was simply contributing a sarcastic remark (I'm good at those ) relating to the original subject. From the title of the thread, I figured this wasn't a formal, fact-driven debate. Accordingly, I made a somewhat off-the-wall statement which I knew many would agree to (at least half-heartedly) At least my logic is on par with the reasoning behind that crap in that e-mail.

When people unnecessarily take things seriously and get all defensive, it makes me laugh.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:07 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Hahahah you waste too much time splitting hairs.

You all know dems are the devil!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:35 PM
VIP Member

so one of you republican ***s going to dispute any of my claims?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:16 AM

...doesn't look like it dr3, I guess they figured they'd be outnumbered in this thread (and I think they were right)
Old 08-10-2004, 01:21 AM

Way to go knocking down those straw men! Soon you will have the skills to argue with adult humans. Keep working on it!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:12 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
so one of you republican ***s going to dispute any of my claims?
You claims can't be taken seriously... but what the hell:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5654550/

Hahahha and the whole bin ladden thing is a fluke!

Hahaha you WASTED way to much time splitting hairs in this thread... without even proving the validity of the original source!

Originally Posted by FUNKED1
Way to go knocking down those straw men! Soon you will have the skills to argue with adult humans. Keep working on it!
It's kind like you and dating, eh? Your up to sheep last I heard.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-10-2004 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Rightwinger chain email (oh this will be good)