Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Protester VS. well... Protester :-/

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Protester VS. well... Protester :-/

About 2,000 anti-war/pro-choice, protesters clash with about 1,000 anti-abortion advocates Near DNC center.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../cvn_protest_6

---------------------------------------------------
The two groups crossed paths at an intersection and exchanged angry words. A brief scuffle broke out between some of the peace demonstrators and a man carrying a graphic anti-abortion sign. The man was pushed to the ground and his shirt was torn but he appeared unhurt.

Some of the anti-abortion marchers lay in the street but soon stood up at the request of the police, and the two marches continued their separate ways following a few minutes of confusion.

---------------------------------------------------

I can never understand it when hippies resort to violence when they advocate peace, equality, free speech blah blah blah... :baffled:

This has been true since the Vietnam era and beyond! Hell, it even happened in the early stages of OIF in downtown San Francisco. There's even quite a few videos and pictures of these peace protestors doing the same thing on www.protestwarrior.com (search). <--good forum but too conservative for me (go figure)

I just don't understand why protestors of any kind always get their panties in a bunch if they run across someone that has different views OR falls into a different mold. It's quite funny and contradicting if you ask me.