Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Poor taste

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Poor taste

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

They invite Bush and bash him?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 PM

What did he expect? For them to praise him? I'm glad he got it shoved down his face maybe now he will re-think what he is doing. This lady stood for a lot of things he is trying to put down. Also everyone that is a speaker is a guest they choose what to talk about not the people hosting the event. (If I remember right.) He also said his own rhetoric too, so alls fair in my book.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
What did he expect? For them to praise him?
A funeral, perhaps? I could see them doing this if the event was centered around him but it wasn't. It was a funeral. How disrespectful can you be to a guest and to Mrs. King?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
wrong venue do such crap at..... plain and simple.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:56 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
the man makes a valid point.....but at a funeral? neither the right place nor time for politics. i think that this was an extremely rude and selfish act. no matter what their opionion on bush is...its supposed to be a funeral for King and i think that it was just wrong and in very poor taste
Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 AM

Did all of you forget who and what King stood for!? This was the PERFECT venue for them to speak out, regardless if Bush was there or not. Not only do I believe that she would of been proud but she proably would of appluaded this. To say that it was in poor taste is to say you know nothing about the history of the King's. How much more directly can they show how distasteful it is for a president to start impeeding into our civil libirties and then have the ***** to talk at a civil rights activest funeral. Come now if none of you expected something like this to happen then you have no clue what people are feeling about Bush right now.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
While I don't agree with inviting him and then bashing him, I can see why it happened and I really think he should have expected that. I have to agree somewhat with Unregistered on this. Her politics fell right into line with what was said and I think she would have been proud that they spoke their mind.

Should Bush expect anything less from people when his approval ratings are so low around the world and in the US?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Unregistered
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Nuff said. Excellent post.

The struggle for civil rights is based on uncivilities against the status quo.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Definetly the wrong time and place. King himself probably wouldn't have liked that as ambush wasn't really his style. Now if it had been Stokely Carmichaels widow...
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Dont take this wrong way, but you guys clearly lack an understanding of what is and what is not normative and acceptable behavior within the culture of black churches. What the Reverend and Jimmy Carter said was not out of line, especially when defined by the environment in which they were in.

If it had been out of line, people would have shuddered from the comments made. Instead, they applauded loudly and rose to their feet in confirmation.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dub2w
Dont take this wrong way, but you guys clearly lack an understanding of what is and what is not normative and acceptable behavior within the culture of black churches. What the Reverend and Jimmy Carter said was not out of line, especially when defined by the environment in which they were in.

If it had been out of line, people would have shuddered from the comments made. Instead, they applauded loudly and rose to their feet in confirmation.
I can see protesting Bush at an event he must attend like the Inauguration. But Bush was a guest that did not have to be present in the first place. Snide remarks that are made directly or indirectly to anyone at a funeral are uncalled for.
The idea is to praise the legacy of a great woman by reflecting on the life she lived. They make it seem like her legacy wasn’t strong enough to utilize the entire time alloted for the eulogy. That's how it's disrespectful to Mrs. King.

And shame on these people (mostly black) for pulling the race card on the President. It's ****ing ridiculous and I’m getting very sick of it. I honestly feel the true racists are people of any color who believe Katrina was a racially motivated gaggle-****. Sometimes I wish Pooty Tang were our President. And even though I do not wish harm to anyone, I almost wish Mount St. Helens would kill 10,000 white people in a cloud of pyroclastic debris so we could ride the racial train.

Also, you mention the culture of black churches which I think is exemplified by many Southern churches. So does Southern Hospitality stop outside the church doors? Are you suggesting only blacks have no manners in church? Mrs. King wouldn't be very fond of this... And if you think Jimmy Carter's remarks were made because of him recognizing the appropriate behavior in a predominately black church as opposed to him being his usual liberal self, then you're out to lunch.

Last edited by Salty; 02-08-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Subaruguru and myself were talking about this earlier.

He said: It would be like someone going to Reagan's funeral and saying "Reagan stood for moral leadership, not getting ******** in the whitehouse!" while Clinton was there.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...I think slick ***** would have a good laugh if that happened...it would have been an equivalent case, with republicans saying "Well, he did get a BJ in the oval office...if you do something morally reprehensable, you have to expect to be called on it." Just like the democrats are saying Bush brought this on himself.

Either way, it doesn't matter...noone is going to die because of it, just a few over-sensitive wusses with yeast fermenters will b**** until the media gets tired of it or finds a new story.

And are you suggesting that violating the civil rights of Americans is on the same level as receiving extramarital oral pleasure? Hehehehe...

Last edited by MVWRX; 02-08-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
I-club politics forum aka groundhog day
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
...I think slick ***** would have a good laugh if that happened....
At a funeral? Name:  bigeek.gif
Views: 15
Size:  1.6 KB

Face it man, it's just as inappropriate.

Quick Reply: Poor taste