Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Polls for Bush looking stronger

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Polls for Bush looking stronger

Sucks to be Kerry...

Bush went from a 10-11 point lead to commanding 13 point lead. Kerry supporters and Democrats say Kerry's "campaign is seriously off-track" and that the debates are his last hope.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...arleaderinpoll

President Bush (news - web sites) has surged to a 13-point lead over Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) among likely voters, a new Gallup Poll shows. The 55%-42% match-up is the first statistically significant edge either candidate has held this year.

Among registered voters, Bush is ahead 52%-44%.

The boost Bush received from the Republican convention has increased rather than dissipated, reshaping a race that for months has been nearly tied. Kerry is facing warnings from Democrats that his campaign is seriously off-track.

With 46 days until the election, analysts say the proposed presidential debates offer Kerry his best chance to change the race.

"It doesn't look like the new consultants and strategies of attacks are the right ones" for Kerry, says Matthew Dowd
Old 09-17-2004, 11:14 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
yeah...we need to get Bullworth in instead of Kerry hahahaha

I'm a Bullworth Democrat!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
I guess it depends on what poll you look at because you can go somewhere else like.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Pres...cking_Poll.htm

They have the poll at 49% to 45% with the president leading.

"The national telephone survey of 3,000 Likely voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports over the past three nights. Margin of sampling error is +/- 2 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence."

Wheras the Gallup poll is on 767 likely voters with a +4% or -4% margin of error. So just like everything I guess it just depends on where you get your information.

Plus if you read deeper into the article on Yahoo they quote from a Bush campaign guy mostly and then once from a woman who was on Gore's campaign team. Of course that guy is gonna say that the democrats are scrambling.

Also in the article but a little farther down it has another poll - The Pew Research poll that shows that Kerry is only behind a point. Don't think it is time to push the panic button yet although the bushers would like you to think the Kerry camp is getting scared. I think they are in a great position with the debates coming up and everything. I mean Bush already opted out of one debate...

C'mon Salty that is pretty weak sauce if you ask me. Don't write Kerry off yet...You may disappoint yourself come november.

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 09-17-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
In the articles I have read, they state that what you have posted WAS the case, but more recently Bush has a very SLIGHT lead in one poll, and a prefect tie in the other.

-Chris

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040917_33.html
Old 09-17-2004, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by salty
Among registered voters, Bush is ahead 52%-44%
Actually, pollsters can only poll registered voters WHO VOTED IN THE LAST ELECTION.

Bushy has made so many non-voters mad the last four years that they have now registered and will be voting for Kerry. The polls are definitely skewed this year because this group is not represented.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:46 PM

Totally agree with you NJC200. I have several friends that never voted before that are voting this year because how badly Bush is leading our country. I expect Kerry to win. I strongly hope he does...or Im going to start planning leaving the US as soon as possible. Might take me a while but im out of here if he wins again.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Totally agree with you NJC200. I have several friends that never voted before that are voting this year because how badly Bush is leading our country. I expect Kerry to win. I strongly hope he does...or Im going to start planning leaving the US as soon as possible. Might take me a while but im out of here if he wins again.
Sorry to hear you'll be leaving. If you need funds for one way plane ticket out of here let me know. I'll even give you more if you renounce your citizenship.

Take care!
Old 09-19-2004, 04:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
When you leave, you can move in with Alec Baldwin.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:31 PM

Concidering I have duel citizenship... HellaDumb, why should I renounce my citizenship since puerto ricans are born american citizens? Oh and me leaving is nothing like Alec Baldwin, (concidering im not american.) I just don't see the country doing well if Bush wins again. I especially see terrorist attacks happening.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:34 PM

Oh and if things start looking like a draft my be re-instated, (I have a feeling Bush will start another war after elections if he wins.) then my little brother will be out of here faster than HellaDumb can make a dumb comment.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Concidering I have duel citizenship... HellaDumb, why should I renounce my citizenship since puerto ricans are born american citizens? Oh and me leaving is nothing like Alec Baldwin, (concidering im not american.) I just don't see the country doing well if Bush wins again. I especially see terrorist attacks happening.
I'm confused...you have American Citizenship but aren't an American?

And why would we see more attacks after the election?
Old 09-20-2004, 12:52 AM

Puerto Rico is a territory of America. I have American Citizenship, ie a american passport, but im Puerto Rican. Im also half Spainsh from my fathers side.

Why do I believe we will see more terrorist attacks after the election? Because I think a lof the people around the world hate our present leader Bush. Maybe with a change in power they might not hate us even more. Also I expect Bush to attack another country. Hell some of you want him too. That to me means, more people hating us and more people wanting to attack us.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Where do you plan on going to skip an improbable draft?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:51 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Why do I believe we will see more terrorist attacks after the election? Because I think a lof the people around the world hate our present leader Bush. Maybe with a change in power they might not hate us even more. Also I expect Bush to attack another country. Hell some of you want him too. That to me means, more people hating us and more people wanting to attack us.
You're wrong in saying that they "hate our present leader Bush."
Muslim terrorist blew up two American Embassies in Africa...during Clinton's reign.

They hate you, they hate me, they hate all Americans!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:00 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
You're wrong in saying that they "hate our present leader Bush."
Muslim terrorist blew up two American Embassies in Africa...during Clinton's reign.

They hate you, they hate me, they hate all Americans!
Why is it so hard for half of you to accept this?

Even when psoper or someone similar gives me a little info I take it in stride.

Quick Reply: Polls for Bush looking stronger