Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Politically correct, or polictically RIDICULOUS?

Old 07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Politically correct, or polictically RIDICULOUS?

This Is What It's Come To

The dean of the University of Georgia's school of journalism has been found guilty of sexual harassment for complimenting a female colleague's clothing and expressing concern that she was walking home alone from a social function, according to the Athens Banner-Herald.

UGA's office of legal affairs concluded that John Soloski created a "hostile and offensive work environment" for a female staff member. He has been formally reprimanded and will be required to undergo sensitivity indoctrination.

The incident in question, Soloski said, happened as he and the staffer were leaving a university fund-raising event. He commented on the colleague's dress, which he said was pretty, but "did not mean it in any sexual way." He also asked the woman if she was alone because he was concerned for her safety.

At the time, the woman did not act offended or reply, he said
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161462,00.html
Old 07-04-2005, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Ridiculous.

The funny part is that he complimented a colleague. What's wrong with that? At least it's more socially acceptable than bagging a student - the most sought at interest of every would-be male professor with teaching coming in at a distant 2nd.

I hate feminism about as much as I hate activism. Are we supposed to apologize for having a **** and sexual desires you elitist ****? Besides, it's the twisted work of your female god afterall.

Last edited by Salty; 07-04-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Is there any evidence where he's exhibited sexist, offensive, or predatory behavior before this?

-If he was 'charged and convicted', wouldn't that normally be followed at least by dismissal? Especially for someone in a position of greater responsibility, such as a UGA dean?

-Where is the rest of the evidence? If there is none, the story should be able to say that and support their statement? There should be evidence of how the administration of UGA has habitually been quick to pull the trigger on any sexual harrassment charges or evidence that that dean has a habit of putting his subordinates or students into difficult positions.

The USA Today has set a bad example of 'blurb' news, but at least they seem to always try and be responsible and non-biased, however, I understand that the story is from foxnews who has shown how they have no respect for their responsibility to the public and persists in trying to be the MOST sensationalist major rag/tv news in the country.

A little OT, Saturday at around 8pm I was sitting at the computer with the TV which had been left on Foxnews and I didn't realize it. They 'broke' the story that Dylan Groene had been found. I believe it was Geraldo that was the guy credited with breaking it. Yesterday morning, I checked the news on the internet and it said that he was still missing. I searched around thinking that somebody else would probably be posting some sort of protest against FNews or at least where Fox publicly admitted their mistake. Nothing.

I distinctly remember, too, where the anchor lady, near the end of the report said something along the lines of, "Good job, Geraldo. First you break the Michael Jackson story, now this."
Old 07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
My boss has been working out & has lost a ton of weight and toned up.
She looks really good.
This morning, she was fishing for compliments, and the staff gave her the "dear in the headlights" look.
After she goaded us some more, I told her that since any comments about her appearence could be construed as sexual harassment, I would refrain from telling her that she looks really good and that all her hard work is paying off.
After all, I told her, I need my paycheck.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
It's a sad world, isn't it?