Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Political cover up isle 3 please..

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:02 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I do see what you're saying, and it's a valid point. Bush is talking about going to war with all terrorists, while he only is going to war with one group. And the fact that we're only at war with one group of terrorists is good, in my opinion.

BUT the fact that he claims we are at war with all terrorists leads much of the country and the world to believe that we are, in fact, waging a war on terror. Not only is this ANOTHER lie from the Bush admin, but it also inflates the admin's image in the public view. He's 'protecting' us from world terror. He tells us that. But in actuality, he is only going after one organization (albeit an important one to go after).

Basically, to me he's saying "I'm great because I do this for you." and the people are believing him. But he's lying.

Like I said, he should have declared war on the terrorist organization The Taliban, gotten it done with, and never even mentioned a 'war on terror'...especially if, as you say, the war on terror only exists as three words in his speeches.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Fair enough.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Not only is this ANOTHER lie from the Bush admin, but it also inflates the admin's image in the public view.
And the more he does this, the more famous it makes the terrorists. If we didn't grandstand every minor accomplishment and publicly vow to eliminate those who put freedom in danger, maybe, just maybe, being a terrorist wouldn't be so 'popular' nowadays. It makes me sick to see what Bush will use for a smidge of political gain.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by Salty
Why do you have to be so smartass? I corrected myself about 5 posts up with "I want a response to this." So do you have one?
You didn't correct **** in that post. I knew exactly what you wanted a response to- but it seemed you knew what the response would be already... So where was the question mark? I must have missed it. It seemed you had you're entire argument planned from the beginning- including the opposing side- so why do you need a response? You've got it all figured out already!

I know I was being a smartass, but I felt it was justified. Especially once you took the bait and ran with it. [in you're 'bullsh!t!' post] Things seem a bit more 'smartass' when you don't get them the frist time around, dont they

now that stung... ouuuch "ahhahahahahhahaha"
Old 05-02-2005, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

I mean sure he lied but so has every other politician since the beginning of politics. You should be as outraged when ANY politician doesn't tell the truth. The difference is that it's Bush and we have 4 pages of bickering in this thread because it comes natural to most of you.

Anyways, I suppose I’d be guilty of the same thing if Kerry lied, so... whatever... this thread is beat.

And yes, I knew how the argument would eventually turn in this case.

Last edited by Salty; 05-02-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 PM

I mean sure he lied but so has every other politician since the beginning of politics. You should be as outraged when ANY politician doesn't tell the truth. The difference is that it's Bush and we have 4 pages of bickering in this thread because it comes natural to most of you.

Anyways, I suppose I’d be guilty of the same thing if Kerry lied, so... whatever... this thread is beat.

And yes, I knew how the argument would eventually turn in this case.

Thats a cop out. Of course every politician bends the truth but how much damage does bending the truth do? The famous one that comes to mind is Clinton and the famous BJ. That BJ killed how many people and how big of a stink was made out of it by the republicans? While Jr's lies have killed people and hurt us in more ways than just that.

What I don't get is how you can still support this guy. They are trying to cover up the truth about something that deals directly with the armed forces and the leading focus of his administration. Seems to me a lot worse than covering up getting a bj. You would think someone would be fired for this, but of corse not.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Who said anything about a BJ? I'm talking about the lies candidates tell to put them into office. It's what MVRX is referring to. That Bush lied to get the support over something grander than it was. If you voted for him because of it then there’s no other excuse that being ill-informed. If that’s the case then his campaign worked. Unfortunately his lie doesn’t mean anything when it comes to his actual performance. If you voted for him because of this then you obviously knew words meant little in this case. Hence the point I recently made to MVWRX.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
BJ?!?!?!? What?!?!?!? Who's giving BJ's?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Well...I'd say this was a lie once he was in office, not one to keep or get him there. More along the lines of say...Watergate...rather than something like promissing lower taxes.

"The American people desearve to know if their president is a lier. I [GWBush] am not a lier. I will, however, resign from the presidency in order to presearve the integrity of the highest office in the land." (I wish)

No...W's not like Nixon...but maybe he thinks he's the new FDR :History Channel Announcer Voice: 'He led the nation to the light by keeping us in the dark':History Channel Announcer Voice:

Last edited by MVWRX; 05-03-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Well...I'd say this was a lie once he was in office, not one to keep or get him there. More along the lines of say...Watergate...rather than something like promissing lower taxes.
Maybe not one to get him there. Obviously he was elected in 2000 and 9/11 happened in 2001. But you can't say it didn't keep him there when he beat Kerry in 2004.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:43 PM

What I ment is that no one is making any real noise about this, while for the BJ clinton got all hell broke loose.

I think this lie is more to cover up what is happening and keeping public opinion swayed towards his favor. Its just frustrating to see something like this happen and nothing happen to stop it.

Have not had much time to catch up on news of late. But the little I have watched I have yet to see this majorly covered. When it should be.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

I think the fact they covered it is awful. I don't think people care as much based on what's spewed out of his mouth in past speeches doesn't add-up to what we're actually doing with al Qaeda. I think people, besides myself, see this. Or maybe people have finally associated his lack of eloquence to being easily misunderstood?

The fact there's little to no correlation between what we've done with the Taliban and the FARC (among other groups) has me wondering why anybody really cares about this report even more? This is what I’ve been saying. If we had a strong military presence in Colombia and Sudan then it would be a major smack in the face. Seems like they censored this report to save face when nobody saw the relationship.

The BJ was just sexual controversy. Had nothing to do with Clinton. Just something to poke fun at for punch lines and Saturday Night Live. In fact, I think if Bush did the same thing it would've been even worse because he’s an “honest Christian” with a wonderful Christian wife.

Even with Berg there was a sense of comedy in what he did. There's something about sticking confidential documents in your socks and pants that sticks in my mind as funny. There was also a sense of controversy as to what he took and why he took it. Nobody knows still!

This incident just happened to get past the radar for some reason...???

Last edited by Salty; 05-03-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:52 PM

I think the fact they covered it is awful. I don't think people care as much based on what's spewed out of his mouth in past speeches doesn't add-up to what we're actually doing with al Qaeda. I think people, besides myself, see this. Or maybe people have finally associated his lack of eloquence to being easily misunderstood?

The fact there's little to no correlation between what we've done with the Taliban and the FARC (among other groups) has me wondering why anybody really cares about this report even more? This is what I’ve been saying. If we had a strong military presence in Colombia and Sudan then it would be a major smack in the face. Seems like they censored this report to save face when nobody saw the relationship.

The BJ was just sexual controversy. Had nothing to do with Clinton. Just something to poke fun at for punch lines and Saturday Night Live. In fact, I think if Bush did the same thing it would've been even worse because he’s an “honest Christian” with a wonderful Christian wife.

Even with Berg there was a sense of comedy in what he did. There's something about sticking confidential documents in your socks and pants that sticks in my mind as funny. There was also a sense of controversy as to what he took and why he took it. Nobody knows still!

This incident just happened to get past the radar for some reason...???

And thats what Im getting at this is such a bigger deal, in sense of how it effects the world than a BJ. But yet the BJ gets way more coverage and that to me pisses me off regardless whether its a liberal or a conservative media.

I do think these numbers are important though. This is a HUGE leap from the past on the number of incidents. If we are in a "war" against terrorism it certainly is not working and we need to revaluate this.