Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Phelps and Marijuanna: Time to rethink prohibition?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Phelps and Marijuanna: Time to rethink prohibition?

Discuss
Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Everyone smokes a little weed or has before, I don't see what the big deal is. People need to stop crying about it.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
What he does is in own time is his own business. If it's illegal and he gets caught, oh well, better luck next time. It's not the end of the world.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
What he does is in own time is his own business. If it's illegal and he gets caught, oh well, better luck next time. It's not the end of the world.
srsly. if your average joe gets busted smoking weed, gets fired over it, and is basically looked down on; who cares?

why should some double jointed douchebag be any different?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
I guess my question is:

Should smoking marijuana still be outlawed?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
people have pushed to make marijuana legal, atleast for medical purposes but failed everytime.

isnt there a backdoor to review why it was banned in the first place? the way it was banned, it's unjust from what i've researched, mainly due to racism against hispanics and blacks, also main competitor to other textile industries and source of paper and ropes, growing weed was manditory, required by the government back in the 1800's because there were so many uses for it. i think it needs to be revised then see if it needs to be legal or not.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
people have pushed to make marijuana legal, atleast for medical purposes but failed everytime.

isnt there a backdoor to review why it was banned in the first place? the way it was banned, it's unjust from what i've researched, mainly due to racism against hispanics and blacks, also main competitor to other textile industries and source of paper and ropes, growing weed was manditory, required by the government back in the 1800's because there were so many uses for it. i think it needs to be revised then see if it needs to be legal or not.
Just because the laws affected minorities more than whites has no bearing on the legalities of the issue. The law still affects everyone equally.

The history of narcotics laws are long and interesting, but if you want to know what the current federal laws are, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

It was basically inevitable when you combine dominant Christian rhetoric with exaggerated stories of drug abuse going out of control across the country. After 40 years of anti-drug propaganda and the "War On Drugs", there's no way in hell any illegal narcotic is going to be legal again. Even after the hippie movement, American's as a whole still have a strong moral stance on drugs.

You can argue how alcohol and cigarettes are much more harmful than weed until you're blue in the face. The Federal government won't listen or rationalize it's decision.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by colton.
Everyone smokes a little weed or has before, I don't see what the big deal is. People need to stop crying about it.
I think the problem is, is that he's a role model to a lot of kids, and there he is breaking the law.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
he's the best there ever was, wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence, at least at his sport, and if he wants to smoke let him smoke, he as using a bong anyway it filters out the bad ****, eitherway he's only hurting his own lung capacity, in turn hurting his swimming ability, but I think it should be legalized for sure, after all it's just a ****in plant
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
he is 8 gold's from this year!! lit him hit the joint lol
Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I think the problem is, is that he's a role model to a lot of kids, and there he is breaking the law.
He still is. He got caught doing something inappropriate and now children can see what happens to successful people who get caught. They get crucified by the media.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by blkdout04
....but I think it should be legalized for sure, after all it's just a ****in plant
Heroin is also from a ****in plant. Should it be legalized as well?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ you can buy legal Heroin right now, I have some in my room all you have to do is get really really hurt. I don't smoke weed but i have a lot of friends with great jobs they do. 4 bong rips are a lot better then getting drunk every night.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
^ you can buy legal Heroin right now, I have some in my room all you have to do is get really really hurt. I don't smoke weed but i have a lot of friends with great jobs they do. 4 bong rips are a lot better then getting drunk every night.
You can buy marijuana legally with a scrip also. I'm not talking about the prescribed dosage pain-killer heroin. I assumed the OP was discussing legal marijuana as in over the counter "I'm 18, here's my ID. I'll take a.....hmmm...just a dime bag for now thanks." legal.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Magish
I guess my question is:

Should smoking marijuana still be outlawed?
No.

If Mr Phelps has the motivation to do what he does, can you imagine what he'd be like sans weed?

Quick Reply: Phelps and Marijuanna: Time to rethink prohibition?