Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Peace Activists Kidnapped in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Peace Activists Kidnapped in Iraq

Funny, you'd think they'd be for the same cause...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/29/D8E69AT81.html
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The bad guys don't give a **** about peace.
Their goal is to spread the word of Allah through the killing of us non-believers.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oaf
The bad guys don't give a **** about peace.
Their goal is to spread the word of Allah through the killing of us non-believers.
Wrong. They are not spreading the word of Allah. They are spreading the word of their leaders. Don't mis-interupt that.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Wrong. They are not spreading the word of Allah. They are spreading the word of their leaders. Don't mis-interupt that.
Wrong.
They are attempting to spread Islam through any means necessary.
Here's a list of recent Muslim-provoked attacks.

Here's how they spread the word of Allah. Her "crime" was being a Christian.

Here's how Islam treats homosexuals.

When are you "Give Peace A Chance" types gonna realize, until Islam undergoes a Reformation, you're fair game.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:02 PM

You still don't get it. Read the damn Quran before you make such wild assumptions. Or better yet if you think muslim extremist are spreading Islam then what are extremist christians spreading? Please Oaf enlighten me! Oh and I can post pictures of abortions clinics being blown up and doctors being killed too if you'd like.

Get a clue.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Read the damn Quran before you make such wild assumptions.

You cannot be serious. Comments like this lead me to believe you haven’t read one sentence in the Qur’an. I'd like to know what in the holy hell you derived from the Qur’an besides a bunch of repetitive contradictions and blabbering. I've read it twice and Oaf has at least once from what he’s mentioned here before.

The Qur’an doesn't hold a candle to haddith interpretations, preaching’s, (etc) from those radicals Islamist leaders that influence extremist actions. The fact the Qur’an is so vague in it’s foundation is precisely why Islamic extremist leaders had to establish their own interpretations on haddiths and texts!

Or better yet if you think muslim extremist are spreading Islam then what are extremist christians spreading? Please Oaf enlighten me! Oh and I can post pictures of abortions clinics being blown up and doctors being killed too if you'd like.

Get a clue.
The rest of your post makes NO sense either.

So if Christianity is capable of blowing up abortion clinics then how am I supposed to be enlightened on what Islam is capable or incapable of when reading the Qur'an?

Wouldn't Islam be capable of the same types of faults you pointed out for Christianity? You really do sympathize for these *******s, don't you?

Why can’t you ever give Islam credit for being riddled with hate as swiftly as you dish it out for Christianity?

Last edited by Salty; 11-30-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I dont see the corrolation between the Jerry Falwells of the world and Muslim extremists / jihadists. Granted, Christians have a spotted record, but the faith in and of itself is quite different than that of the Muslim faith. I have never come across anything in the New Testament that encouraged me to deliver death to the infidels. Spread the word, yes; kill non-believers, no.

I agree with Salty on this one. Unregistered, clearly you dont hold Christians in the highest regard and that is your right. However, I would encourage you to refrain from far-reaching parallels that are hard-pressed to prove as those accusations taint your otherwise solid and factual posts.

Just my .o2
Old 11-30-2005, 06:15 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Whats being argued here is irrelevent. ANY RELIGION, taken to the extreme, will produce violence. There is nearly no religion out there that has not been taken over by extremists at one point or another besides maybe Buddhism. The Qua'ran, Bible, whatever are all vauge as Salty pointed out but it is not a charactaristic of just one. Anybody who says Christianity has not been taken to these extremes needs to read up on their history.
-Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 06:19 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by dub2w
I dont see the corrolation between the Jerry Falwells of the world and Muslim extremists / jihadists. Granted, Christians have a spotted record, but the faith in and of itself is quite different than that of the Muslim faith. I have never come across anything in the New Testament that encouraged me to deliver death to the infidels. Spread the word, yes; kill non-believers, no.
I too have read both and personally don't see much of a diffrence in message. The Qua'ran seems slighly more violent in nature, but not to the extremes these people are taking it today. Really, religion is how you interpret it. If you have somebody preaching you hate, saying THAT is what this text says, you are more likely to believe it as is the case right now. This problem comes along when those who teach the text have a political agenda behind their words beyond that of spreading the word. The goal of Islam, or Chrisitanity is not to kill non-believers but to spread the word.
-Jeff (pre-coffee so if above makes no sense, blame the slow coffee maker)
Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
That's definitely true. Im reading a book right now about the canonizing of the bible. Very interesting stuff, and yes, some things will always be open to interpretation within any given religion.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
The goal of Islam, or Chrisitanity is not to kill non-believers but to spread the word.
-Jeff (pre-coffee so if above makes no sense, blame the slow coffee maker)
Um, no. The quran literally says to kill non-believers.
""Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them. Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war."Qur'an, Sura 9:5"

Go suck on that for a minute.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-30-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:22 AM

Read the damn Quran before you make such wild assumptions. Or better yet if you think muslim extremist are spreading Islam then what are extremist christians spreading? Please Oaf enlighten me! Oh and I can post pictures of abortions clinics being blown up and doctors being killed too if you'd like.
Get a clue.
Hahaha why so testy?

To try to compare suicide bombers that kill innocent civilians and children to people that kill abortion doctors because "God made me do it" is a leap. If that really is the first thing that comes to your mind in the defense of beheadings, then you are seriously deranged.

Go show me anything "Christian" that compares to this:
www.thereligionofpeace.com

When terrorism is the mainstream for a religion, you cannot call terrorists extremists!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The bible tells people to kill others too:

Originally Posted by Numbers 31:16-18
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Originally Posted by Numbers 25:3-4
And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.
Originally Posted by Samuel 15:2-3
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel 9:5-6
And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Enough said...

Last edited by MVWRX; 11-30-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
The bible tells people to kill others too:

Enough said...
Man, you stupid or something? That was historical context to killing, and pertained to Jews.

Christians live by the New Testament, FYI.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Those quotes have as much relavance to modern times as your quotes from the Qu'ran, because as you and others have said most Muslims don't use the Qu'ran as the central part of their religion...it's an auxillery, sort of how you learn about the old testament in sunday school if you're christian.

I've curbed my desire to insult you at every chance I get, how about you grow up.

Quick Reply: Peace Activists Kidnapped in Iraq