Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Patriot Act DOES affect innocent people...

Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The Patriot Act DOES affect innocent people...

Who was saying just minding your own business can't get you tagged by the FBI under the PA?

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=1205
Old 12-06-2006, 03:02 PM

Car Info: ...
'Bloodthirsty bit-ches and Pious Pimps of Power'

Damn straight.

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/sami.html

'The defense was so confident that it presented only a single witness — a former top CIA operative who testified as an expert on terrorist recruitment methods and who questioned the government's premise that people are motivated to become jihadists by what they read online. '

http://www.bordc.org/
http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/
http://www.fas.org/main/content.jsp?...25&projectId=5

Last edited by lethalpsi; 12-06-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Who was saying just minding your own business can't get you tagged by the FBI under the PA?

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=1205

This guy did nothing wrong and will serve no jail time because of it. He had nothing to hide. Furthermore he won 2 million dollars. The PA caused him to become a "suspect". Does that mean in murder cases the prosection and investigating body should only question someone when they are 100% sure it's them? No questioning of suspects allowed. Of course not, that's rediculous. Had this guy done something wrong he'd have been busted.

If you're not breaking the law or conspiring with terrorists you have nothing to fear by the PA. The police, FBI, CIA can investigate me whenever they feel necessary. Furthermore they can help the government give me 2 million bucks if they want.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The FBI began investigating Mayfield after computers said his fingerprints came close to matching a print found on a bag containing explosive detonators connected to the March 11, 2004, bombing.

“Out popped 20 potential matches that now need to be viewed individually by the expert,” Spence said of the computer’s work. Mayfield’s was the fourth-best match, but he shot to the top of the list, Spence said.

“What we have here is a Muslim card that was played,” Spence said.

He characterized Mayfield as “a Kansas farm boy who married an Egyptian woman.” Mayfield converted to Islam.
Law enforcement went on a hunch and profiled in their pursuits and this is a problem? I don't get the anti-profiling brigade! We have pages of wanted terrorists from the FBI and all of them are Persian or Arab. Damn skippy you're going to jump to the top of the list if your prints matched decently and you recently converted to Islam. It's one shy of a trifecta. The most disturbing part of the article is the $2million settlement for the FBI doing their job.

What gets me when I read these types of articles is that both sides use the Patriot Act as an excuse for a given series of events. "We have the power to come into your house because the PA says so." On the other hand people are saying, "The PA is a violation of my rights. Down with BushHitler!" Guess what? Intelligence agencies have been doing this since the beginning of time... they learned it from the Romans and beyond. The PA was a very bad idea in that it gave people a reason to publicly confess or complain for **** that would have happened anyways...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Does that mean in murder cases the prosection and investigating body should only question someone when they are 100% sure it's them? No questioning of suspects allowed. Of course not, that's rediculous. Had this guy done something wrong he'd have been busted.

If you're not breaking the law or conspiring with terrorists you have nothing to fear by the PA. The police, FBI, CIA can investigate me whenever they feel necessary. Furthermore they can help the government give me 2 million bucks if they want.
Bingo.

And for the record the FBI can tape me taking a dump for half that amount. Seems like the best course of action to get around the PA is to simply lie. We're deeply sorry for the wiretaps, Abdul Fataah Khuzaymah Najm Udeen Umar Mujaahid ... we had reason to believe you were producing counterfeit tickle-me-Elmo dolls...

Last edited by Salty; 12-07-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
As I've said in the past, I was investigated after the OK City bombing.

That was 10yrs before the PA.

Should I complain, sue, etc?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
*waves to the feds and others reading this*
Old 12-07-2006, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
*waves to the feds and others reading this*
As does this individual, as I hate terrorists more than the next man. Seriously, if you think it took the PA for the gov't to look into your day to day life you're dilusional. Furthermore, if you have nothing to hide, who really cares? I'm with Salty on this one.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
As I've said in the past, I was investigated after the OK City bombing.

That was 10yrs before the PA.

Should I complain, sue, etc?
Makes sense. How far apart did you graduate from sandhill? Or was that even the connection?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Makes sense. How far apart did you graduate from sandhill? Or was that even the connection?
Real infantrymen went to Harmony Church.

Apparently, Mc****head was at Ft Benning roughly the same time I was...along w/ 11tybillion other fools.

I asked Mr FBI man if he knew just how many people were there with me.
He said several thousand.

There's more to the story, but I'm installing a GT30Rkit & plus, it's better told in person over a few drinky drinks.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Oh yeah, Harmony Church...

SFC in my company at one point graduated with him. Class picture right next to him. Quite creepy.

Think i've said it here once before but I got questioned because I was Gunner when this guy was my ammo *****: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/745492/posts

So-called genius lunatic in my team totally against technology even though he had a computer science degree and a masters in chemistry by 18yrs old. Seriously. A lot of people in my platoon were scared of him but I made a valiant effort to get him to get along with everyone. I offered him a drink on weekends, to go out to eat, I offered him rides, etc. He refused. Instead he read old early edition classic books in his bare barracks room and went into town on an old Schwinn. With his background he had serious potential to do some damage. Glad they caught him... I bragged for a good year on how I taught him to build a fighting position.

Last edited by Salty; 12-08-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Oh yeah, Harmony Church...

SFC in my company at one point graduated with him. Class picture right next to him. Quite creepy.

Think i've said it here once before but I got questioned because I was Gunner when this guy was my ammo *****: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/745492/posts

So-called genius lunatic in my team totally against technology even though he had a computer science degree and a masters in chemistry by 18yrs old. Seriously. A lot of people in my platoon were scared of him but I made a valiant effort to get him to get along with everyone. I offered him a drink on weekends, to go out to eat, I offered him rides, etc. He refused. Instead he read old early edition classic books in his bare barracks room and went into town on an old Schwinn. With his background he had serious potential to do some damage. Glad they caught him... I bragged for a good year on how I taught him to build a fighting position.
Damn Salty, teach him how to make a nuke next time why don't you. Thank god he was the ammo ***** and not the gunner. Sounds like the LT lucked out or had some good insight.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
nobody is innocent, and that's why y'all are worried.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:46 PM

Car Info: ...
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
nobody is innocent, and that's why y'all are worried.
eh?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061209/.../terror_arrest

Yeah, another "innocent person" has been arrested

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Patriot Act DOES affect innocent people...