Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pat Robertson: Raving Lunatic Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Pat Robertson: Raving Lunatic Part Deux

On behalf of moderate faith-oriented people, I apologize to the world for recent remarks made by uber-conservative Pat Robertson. On his show on the 700 Club, Robertson claimed that Sharon was struck down by God because Sharon dared to relinquish control over "Israeli" land.

Linky: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a134812S67.DTL
Old 01-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dub2w
On behalf of moderate faith-oriented people, I apologize to the world for recent remarks made by uber-conservative Pat Robertson. On his show on the 700 Club, Robertson claimed that Sharon was struck down by God because Sharon dared to relinquish control over "Israeli" land.

Linky: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a134812S67.DTL

I think persons of strong faith don't thing that's outside the realm of possibility.

Look at how many thousands of Muslims died this year from natural disasters (what is legally defined as "Acts of God" in the U.S.). We are talking huge numbers between tsunamis, earthquakes, and so on. Large numbers of people die every year in the haaj pilgrimige or whatever you call it...

How many millions of Christians, Muslims, and others believe in their heart that this was some sort of punishment or whatever?

Personally, if I'm standing next to some guy and he gets killed by lightning, I'm gonna wonder what he did to make God mad!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:58 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by HellaDumb

Personally, if I'm standing next to some guy and he gets killed by lightning, I'm gonna wonder what he did to make God mad!
If your scenario plays out, I'm gonna wonder why god has poor aim.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I think persons of strong faith don't thing that's outside the realm of possibility.

Look at how many thousands of Muslims died this year from natural disasters (what is legally defined as "Acts of God" in the U.S.). We are talking huge numbers between tsunamis, earthquakes, and so on. Large numbers of people die every year in the haaj pilgrimige or whatever you call it...

How many millions of Christians, Muslims, and others believe in their heart that this was some sort of punishment or whatever?

I understand this and agree. If I was the sole survivor of a plane crash I may question my purpose on earth the real possibility of God.

The way I see it is Pat's comments are no different on the ridiculousness scale as the terrorists & Islamic extremists' comments on the natural disasters. An earthquake crippled an Islamic nation ten fold after their claims to Allah’s will yet they still believe it!? Religion can be a very good thing but it's this type of logic that's inherently bad.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
If your scenario plays out, I'm gonna wonder why god has poor aim.
LoL
Old 01-05-2006, 04:05 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon

That scares the living s*** out of me...random chance being called God is horrifying.

Not to mention that it is easy to see that Sharon was not healthy, and it wasn't too big a surprise that he had a stroke since he is in the demographic that has the highest incidence of stroke...
Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Religious fanatics blame God in the same way extreme liberals cling to outlandish conspiracy theories.

Was it the wrath of Allah or was it the season for hurricanes?

Was it an earthquake in the middle of the ocean or simply and non-existent warning system?

Was it the hand of Jesus, a disgruntled Allah, or a bunch of half-assed structures that crushed an enormous amount of Muslims in Pakistan after a great earthquake?

Was it the hand of God or the fact Sharon is an old fatass?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Religious fanatics blame God in the same way extreme liberals cling to outlandish conspiracy theories.
And the same way that dumbasses blame racism on blacks.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
And the same way that dumbasses blame racism on blacks.
So blacks can't propagate racism?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM

So blacks can't propagate racism?
Sure...but to intimate that the actions of a few blacks causes racism is simply asinine.

Racism, in that case, is the fault of the ignorant racists who generalize the actions of a few blacks to the entire black populace.

Originally Posted by salty
Was it the hand of God or the fact Sharon is an old fatass?
Sharon is dying of a head bleed. Unlikely to be caused by either age or body habitus, but rather most likely due to a congenial arteriovenous malformation, exacerbated by blood thinners administered after his recent stroke.

Last edited by lojasmo; 01-06-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

A stroke that was cause by being what? My Grandfather wouldn’t be on the very scary medicine known as Coumadin if he had taken better care of himself.

I didn't realize your were a doctor too? I thought law was your only specialty.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:27 PM

That's a scary drug if you cut yourself, that's for sure. My dad was on that for a hot one...and he's an avid mtn biker and skier. Scared the crap out of my whole family for a year.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
That's a scary drug if you cut yourself
It is for blood clots when you're older as well. It's a science for doctors to get the dosage just right.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:37 PM

...yeah, it was for blood clots...but if you cut yourself then you bleed out is what I meant. Talk about derailment...must be a boring Friday hahaha.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I think it would be higher than deux. Robersons remarks are no different than any islamo facist cleric in Iran.

Religon was created to explain the unexplainable, as well as give people hope and purpose, wich is a good thing, but once you cross the line of bashing anothers system of beliefs, you become less than him.

Quick Reply: Pat Robertson: Raving Lunatic Part Deux