Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obama's speeches...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Obama's speeches...

Let me start this thread by stating this:

Although I didn't vote for Obama, I really want him to succeed. I want to see this economic crisis dealt with and put behind us.

Now for my .02. I've always thought Obama was just a democratic puppet that couldn't think for himself if he had to. Unfortunately, I think that once this charade is made obvious, the state of this nations foreign and domestic affairs are only going to get worse. Seriously, who can trust a man that can't think on his feet? I see the beginnings of what is to be the peeling back of his veneer. Check out this article from yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/19663

I always thought he gave crappy speeches. It's just a train wreck when he goes at it without his teleprompter.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 AM

Car Info: WRB '08 WRX 5 Door
Wow...i didn't know he was that dependent on the teleprompter.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Presidents read speeches. They don't memorize them or make them up as they go along except for the last one.

Why is even a topic?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Presidents read speeches. They don't memorize them or make them up as they go along except for the last one.
Why is even a topic?
It's obvious you either didn't read the article or are blinded by love for him... which is it?

Here's one of the juicy nuggets:
"Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual — not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small."
Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
It's obvious you either didn't read the article or are blinded by love for him... which is it?

Here's one of the juicy nuggets:
"Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual — not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small."
And that means what? So what if he read it off paper, from a teleprompter, off the palm of his hand. What difference does it make? He's the first president to do it even though Bush probably should have been. That would have kept his *** out of countless slings. So what if it's "unusual". Getting elected President of the United States is unusual too.

I don't really care about the guy. I'm just sick of people who think it wasn't okay to jump all over Bush for wiping his nose in the wrong direction, but now jump all over Obama for a bunch of other trivial crap.

Just because I don't hate on Obama every day doesn't make me a fan.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 03-06-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX

Why is even a topic?
no.

Originally Posted by ronaldreagan.com

One of Brown's favorite ploys was to say, "Reagan is only an actor who memorizes speeches written by other people, just like he memorized the lines that were fed to him by his screenwriters in the movies. Sure, he makes a good speech, but who's writing his speeches?" Well, I was writing my speeches. But I couldn't get up and say to an audience, "Hey, I write my own speeches."

We called a meeting and I said; "From now on, why don't I just say a few words to whatever group I'm with, no matter how big it is, and then just open it up to questions and answers? People might think somebody had written my opening remarks for me, but they'll know it would be impossible for somebody to feed me answers to questions I didn't know about in advance." Well, it worked like a charm. From then on, whether the campaign audience was three or three thousand, I'd make a few remarks, then take questions. I hadn't planned it that way, but this turned out to be a wonderful way to learn about the issues that were on people's minds.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks for catching that. I've always assumed Reagan had a speech writer like everyone else.

Interesting factoid of the day.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Reagan did have speechwriters, he just didn't use them all the time. Clinton, Obama and Reagan are supposedly the contemporary presidents who most frequently wrote their own speeches.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Yep, so basically obama is a fully scripted actor. Basically the only provable fact about obama is that he's a good reader.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Yep, so basically obama is a fully scripted actor. Basically the only provable fact about obama is that he's a good reader.
All recent presidents are scripted actors. In fact, all presidents ever are scripted actors, because even if they wrote their own speeches they were still scripted.

And there is far more about him that is provable. What a silly statement. To wit: he is half black, he is a lawyer, he is a former senator, etc.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
All recent presidents are scripted actors.
yup
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
All recent presidents are scripted actors. In fact, all presidents ever are scripted actors, because even if they wrote their own speeches they were still scripted.

And there is far more about him that is provable. What a silly statement. To wit: he is half black, he is a lawyer, he is a former senator, etc.
BS. Historical fact is that none were scripted to this level. This guy is a pretender.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
BS. Historical fact is that none were scripted to this level. This guy is a pretender.
your proof? dont use the word fact unless you can back it up
Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Regardless of how you feel the majority (60%) of the American public give him a positive approval rating after his first 7 weeks in office. Indicating that the people are willing to give him a chance to succeed.....We'll see
Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Regardless of how you feel the majority (60%) of the American public give him a positive approval rating after his first 7 weeks in office. Indicating that the people are willing to give him a chance to succeed.....We'll see
too bad that he started in office at 69%

Quick Reply: Obama's speeches...