Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obama vs. Self Righteous Blacks

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Obama vs. Self Righteous Blacks

Seems selfish Sharpton and a lot of the self-righteous black community are ruining what could be a good step toward the very progress they're always *****ing about. What does everyone think about this? It really pisses me off. It also makes me think that these types of blacks know they'll loose a valuable "oppression card" if Obama were elected. Of course that still leaves the “he sold out” card. The same one they used for Powell, Rice, Cosby, Woods, etc.

Last edited by Salty; 03-13-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Dude, they're called African Americans.

Remember, to be oppressed, you can't have any one member from your group be successful.
But if one does happen to "make it", make sure you distance yourself immediately!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Remember, to be oppressed, you can't have any one member from your group be successful.
But if one does happen to "make it", make sure you distance yourself immediately!!
Pretty much sums it all up.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4

Unfortunately that seems to be the truth........
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
i didnt think he was african american.....although i may be misinformed...

btw...this country is founded on b*tching about opression....we started it because we were pissed about our tea getting taxed
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spedmunki
btw...this country is founded on b*tching about opression....we started it because we were pissed about our tea getting taxed

But there's no comparison here ... when was the last time we complained about our tea getting taxed?

And the thing is, we went up against the British via revolution. Meanwhile when change and progression presents itself as it does with Obama, tons of the black community look the other way. Weaksauce, bro...

Last edited by Salty; 03-15-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 AM

obama isnt "black" though
Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Right, and either is Collin Powel and Condoleezza Rice... But Chris Rock is despite his success because he still uses "******" in his bits. Gottcha. Thank you for proving our point. Let me remind you that even though Obama may not represent "da hood", he would just as easily be lynched back in the day and sold as a slave. But that isn’t black enough for a President when a remotely black President has never existed.

You're missing the point, man... because Obama doesn't speak ebonics and ride dubs does not mean he is not black. The point is there hasn't been a drop of black blood in the Whitehouse and the black community has no leeway to split hairs. If blacks are expecting Too Short to “paint the Whitehouse black” in years to come they might as well come to the realization that there will never be a black President.

Still do not agree? Then what is “black” according to you? Let me guess… you’re black, right? Do blacks drive Subarus, have internet access, and chat on car forums? My point is YES they do because they’re like everyone else. Blacks never seem to realize that when they segregate amongst themselves they’re basically saying that the stereotypes associated with the “real black” community are true and acceptable. They're also suggesting that getting a great education and coming from a familiy that's not exactly blue-collar isn't tolerated. So let me get this straight... when brothas say "manz, I gotz to getz out of da hood, yo" they're basically saying they walk to be "non-black"

Let's not forget that Obama's father comes directly from the motherland of all blacks! The same place most non "African-American African-Americans" so desperatly try to relate and connect. Yep, he's not "black"

Last edited by Salty; 03-16-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 AM

well first im not black......im as white as a ghost

second: i think what the "black community" wants is a real rags-to-riches person to represent them. i dont think this has anything to do with using the nword because im pretty sure al sharpton doesnt go around spouting that one off.

i beleive that the black community wants a candidate that will honestly take their concerns and agendas into connsideration, i'm not saying this as someone who is for or against this i was merely playing devil's advocate. i saw and interveiw with al asharpton and i think he just doesnt want someone whos not gonna look out for "blacks" to get the black communities support just so he can turn on them.

again not saying im for or against either side....just playing devil's advocate
Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

It's crap, dude. it's all about personal rivalry, Sharpton supporting Hillary, and Sharpton being jealous. Whatever his motive is doesn't matter too much as it could be a ***** way to support his friend Hillary. What does matter is this influence on the righteous black community.

Think about all the white Presidents Sharpton (and even Jackson) have endorsed over the years that have not represented the black community to their standards. Truth was they were giving white Presidents like Kerry (Sharpton eventually backed Kerry) the benefit of the doubt seeing how they really didn't know whether or not he'd live up expectations of the black community while in office

Now let's assume a black clone of Kerry was running for office in 2008. Where's the benefit of the doubt just for being black? That should at least count for something. To say otherwise is like predicting a black team captain is going to pick all white teammates.

Last edited by Salty; 03-17-2007 at 01:56 AM.