Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

NPR Says Clinton caused Terrorism

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Talking NPR Says Clinton caused Terrorism

Well, kinda.
I was listening to NPR mere moments ago as Trent Lott was being interviewed.
Anyway, the conversation turns to Clinton's impeachment and just how Mr Lott voted.
The **** actually asked the following. I've paraphrased it as I did not write it down.: "Since the Congress was engrossed in the impeachment hearings, which were going on when Clinton was desperately trying to catch Bin Laden, can't the arguement be made that the Congress is responsible for 9/11 and afterwards?"

I wish I could've seen the look on Mr Lott's face.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Yet the same people think it's entirely Bush's fault for the war in Iraq even though it was passed through congress (congress includes the Senate in this context for those that didn’t know). Classic Clinton never made a mistake but Bush makes nothing but mistakes and is the center of all evil mentality. It's really getting old.

Listen up everyone! Clinton had a full eight year term in office and we were attacked by al Qadea as early as 1993 at the WTC. That's 7 years of not being able to put Bin Laden's head on a platter or being able to disrupt the 9/11 agenda in it's infancy. Bush was the governor of Texas and doing a pretty good job there - hence one of the reasons he was elected in 2000. He was doing pretty well in his first year, too. Employment was good, the DOW was at record levels and he helped out military families tremendously, etc.

Then one day he's reading a book to children in a classroom and the liberals haven't been able to stop blaming him since. They even attack his reaction in the classroom to this day. He went from an average President to a war President faced with one of the most turbulent economical crisis as a result of the attacks Clinton could have prevented. All this happened overnight! Granted he was in office for a year prior to the attacks and is responsible for how OIF and OEF was/is conducted (most people question OIF including myself). But to think Clinton isn't to blame for pre-9/11 activity when Bush is to blame or everything since 9/11 is asinine. He ****ed up. Pure and simple.

Last edited by Salty; 08-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Remember Salty, Bush asked the terrorists to attack us. I agree, it's outrageous. Everyone has to have a scapegoat though and as you and I both know leaders always bear the worst of it.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
one word: mogadishu
Old 08-24-2005, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
The truth is that Clinton could have done something, and Bush could have done something. Pointing fingers is not worth anything as it was both administrations that are at fault, as well as congress, the FBI, ect.

Besides, what does it matter now? Clinton is out of the presidency, making plenty of money speaking and with his book. Dubya's got another three years, and is untouchable, and is getting enough grief with the Iraq war. Pointing fingers now is worthless.
-Jeff
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
The truth is that Clinton could have done something, and Bush could have done something. -Jeff
Sadly, this type of thinking isn't common when it really should be.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
If there was an administration that was / is at fault, it goes all the way back to Reagan. After all, his fight against the Commies, and the subsequent funding of Al-Queda, led us into this sh!tstorm.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:27 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Remember Salty, Bush asked the terrorists to attack us. I agree, it's outrageous. Everyone has to have a scapegoat though and as you and I both know leaders always bear the worst of it.
What do u mean Bush asked them to attack us?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:01 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by jvick125
What do u mean Bush asked them to attack us?
I think he was being sarcastic
Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
Originally Posted by dub2w
If there was an administration that was / is at fault, it goes all the way back to Reagan. After all, his fight against the Commies, and the subsequent funding of Al-Queda, led us into this sh!tstorm.

Al Queda did not exist until 1988. Prior it was called Maktab al-Khadamat. Bin Laden even refers to Al-Queda (The Base) formerly as the International Front for Jihad against the Jews and Crusaders.

as for Reagan funding him....B.S.
http://usinfo.state.gov/media/Archiv...24-318760.html
In summary:

• U.S. covert aid went to the Afghans, not to the "Afghan Arabs."

• The "Afghan Arabs" were funded by Arab sources, not by the United States.

• United States never had "any relationship whatsoever" with Osama bin Laden.

• The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Arab backing for the "Afghan Arabs," and bin Laden's own decisions "created" Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, not the United States.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Ouch.

Someone tried to pass the buck on another conservative President? I never thought i'd witness the day!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
truth of the matter is decades of mis steps, thousands of years of strife and conflict, and the tact of a retarded drunken bull in a china shop collided on one continent at one time.

and now we get to sort thru it all
Old 08-25-2005, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by svxr8dr
Al Queda did not exist until 1988. Prior it was called Maktab al-Khadamat.
The roots of the organization were certainly in place.

as for Reagan funding him....B.S.

• U.S. covert aid went to the Afghans, not to the "Afghan Arabs."

• The "Afghan Arabs" were funded by Arab sources, not by the United States.

• The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Arab backing for the "Afghan Arabs," and bin Laden's own decisions "created" Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, not the United States.
Fill me in on how many non-Arab Afgahns fought against the Soviets.

• United States never had "any relationship whatsoever" with Osama bin Laden.
Really? Doesnt our current administration maintain that Osama and Saddam are inextricably linked? I was told that Saddam's money helped fund Bin Laden.

Notice this picture?

Could money have trickled down to Saddam's fellow terrorist brothers? I mean, after all, Saddam did attack us on 9/11, right??
Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
truth of the matter is decades of mis-steps, thousands of years of strife and conflict, and the tact of a retarded drunken bull in a china shop collided on one continent at one time.
I think that this pretty much sums it up
Old 08-26-2005, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T

Fill me in on how many non-Arab Afgahns fought against the Soviets.
You want numbers? Or are denying the fact about who we funded?

Really? Doesnt our current administration maintain that Osama and Saddam are inextricably linked? I was told that Saddam's money helped fund Bin Laden.
The 9/11 Commision does not dispute that contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda occurred. The Administration also knew that Iraq was harboring a terrorist network headed by Zarqawi. Zarqawi, the senior al-Qaeda associate who was known to be in Baghdad for medical treatment in May 2002, continues to undertake indiscriminate acts of terrorism today. The Administration knew Saddam had longstanding, direct, and continuing ties to a number of terrorist groups, including groups responsible for killing Americans.
As for the funding, I heard Saddam had given $300,000 in cash to Ayman Al Zawahri, Osama bin Laden's number two man, in the spring of 1998. Not sure if that was ever confirmed or denied.

Notice this picture?
What does a picture from 1983 have to do with this post?

Could money have trickled down to Saddam's fellow terrorist brothers? I mean, after all, Saddam did attack us on 9/11, right??
Did I ever state this?

Quick Reply: NPR Says Clinton caused Terrorism