Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

To MVWRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
To MVWRX

I'd put money on Oaf being from 'old money' and not having gone to college, and if he did he didn't learn anything because he knew he could always take advantage of the people living in his slum buildings.
Pay up, beyoch.

Oaf's History

Born: 29 March 1969 in San Francisco, PRK, to John & Veronica
Parents divorced in 1977-78, rarely saw father(4 times in 25 yrs), leading to an ulcerated stomach at nine yrs of age & few years of conseling.
Mom went on welfare for a few years while attending Santa Rosa JC.
Mom refused help from her parents, as she "got herself into this mess, I'll get myself out."

Oaf Attended the following schools:
Sheppard Elementary 2-6th grade
St Rose Catholic* 7-8th grade
Cardinal Newman HS* 9-12th grade

* indicates Oaf attended these private schools on the "poor white trash" scholarship.

Joined the Army soley for the purpose of earning money for college, as I would not accept any assistance from my wealthy, liberal grandparents.

Served in the Infantry, US Army 1987-1991, Honorable Discharge. NOTE: I did not receive the Purple Heart, Silver/Bronze Star. However, I did receive the the Humanitarian Award for fighting the Yellowstone Fire of '88, and the Good Conduct Award for serving 3yrs w/out ****ing up. While in the Army, I learned, perfected, & practiced a trade that has no use in the civilian world, for the simple reason I knew it would make me appreciate my future more.

Attended California State University, Sacramento. Earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering, graduating in 1998. Payed for said degree with money from the Montgomery GI Bill & woking two jobs.

Bought my first house in 1994, while still in college.
Bought my second house in 2001.
Inherited my third house when my non-smoker mother died in 2002, while I was planning a retirement house for her so she could be closer to her three grand children.

Yeh, you can say I've had it all handed to me on a silver ****ing platter.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
That's good stuff, for real. But this is more appropriate for a PM

BTW... just curious but what did you pay for a home back in the mid-90s in Sac?

Last edited by dub2w; 08-31-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by dub2w
That's good stuff, for real. But this is more appropriate for a PM
I guess you're right...but I got nothing to hide. Once you know about someone, you can understand them better.
Oh, and please don't feel sorry for me.

EDIT

I paid $135K for a 1300 sq ft 3BR, 2 Bath, kidney pool on .25 acre.
House across the street recently sold for $375K

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 08-31-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:01 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
My bad man...didn't really mean it personally. I have to say though I'm confused that someone from your background seems so proud of being a self-proclaimed slum-lord. And my bad on the education thing, I gotta respect a mech. e major in terms of education...I'm biochem fr/UCLA so you prolly did some harder course work than me...I'm looking forward to political debats though, there's always something to learn from a good argument.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by MVWRX
My bad man...didn't really mean it personally. I have to say though I'm confused that someone from your background seems so proud of being a self-proclaimed slum-lord. And my bad on the education thing, I gotta respect a mech. e major in terms of education...I'm biochem fr/UCLA so you prolly did some harder course work than me...I'm looking forward to political debats though, there's always something to learn from a good argument.
Forgot to mention that my late mother hailed from England, so I also inherited her dry wit & poor teeth. Plus, I have a very morbid sense of humor.

The "slum lord" title is being taken out of context. I used the term in the post to as a way to mock or annoy a fellow i-clubber.
I want to go on the record as being the anti-slum lord; my rents are below market rates & the properties are well taken care of.

I am proud of my accomplishments, because I worked for them.
But they aren't for me; they're for my children & (hopefully) my grandchildren.
So, using your logic, once I'm gone, my "wealth" will take care of other people...of my choosing.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:34 PM

MVWRX if you "don't mean it personally" then don't make ad hominem attacks.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by FUNKED1
MVWRX if you "don't mean it personally" then don't make ad hominem attacks.
...I thought we're supossed to try to make each other angry here, but not get in actual real world fights...I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I've been doing...